Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 09:38 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Wow, he's yoked. But what's up with boxing movies, is there something special about boxers and fighters?

Jake Gyllenhaal Nearly Unrecognizable as a Boxer in First 'Southpaw' Image

Quote:
The Weinstein Company has released its first peek at the boxing drama with a promotional photo of Gyllenhaal showing off his impressive physique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 10:19 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
Holy mother of all veins!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2014, 12:02 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
What the best steroids money can buy gets you.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:30 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,052 times
Yes, it's all steroids and Photoshop. There's no way you could legally achieve that body through hard work, free time, proper nutrition, and the best personal trainers Hollywood can buy.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:12 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
He does seem to be emerging as quite a transformative actor, both in the types of roles he plays and how he changes his physical appearance to suit each role -- his "Donnie Darko" would have never crossed my mind as a potential leading actor in "Brokeback Mountain," for example. But losing and gaining weight so rapidly (while it does look like he's used at least some Hollywood "fakery" to get this most recent look) can be dangerous, even with the best nutritionists and exercise maestros on your side.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:22 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
Um, really guys? That's not that big... Sure he's really lean, but that is all diet.

People need to get off this accusatory steroid bandwagon for every time an actor spends time in the gym. It is possible to build muscle without drugs ya know...

I've had multiple guys ask me what I'm taking when I'm a few months into one of my fitness kicks. It's called protein, carbs, rest and sleep.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:18 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Um, really guys? That's not that big... Sure he's really lean, but that is all diet.

People need to get off this accusatory steroid bandwagon for every time an actor spends time in the gym. It is possible to build muscle without drugs ya know...

I've had multiple guys ask me what I'm taking when I'm a few months into one of my fitness kicks. It's called protein, carbs, rest and sleep.
It takes years of dedicated consistent dieting and training to put on the type of lean muscle mass Gyllenhaal built in a few months. It is laughable to suggest he accomplished this naturally.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:46 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,427,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
It takes years of dedicated consistent dieting and training to put on the type of lean muscle mass Gyllenhaal built in a few months. It is laughable to suggest he accomplished this naturally.
That's not big at all. Look at how much muscle actors put on for roles all the time. Its camera angle and lack of perspective, notice he isn't standing next to anyone? These actors do nothing but eat, workout and sleep in order to achieve this look. You could do the same if you didn't have to go to work every day. I know this because my buddy was unemployed last year and had nothing better to do than hit the gym every day and take night classes. He put on something like 30 pounds of pure muscle.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:03 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,502,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Incorrect.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:49 PM

709 posts, read 766,436 times
Kind of off-topic, but did anyone see Christian Bale in "The Fighter?" I really thought he was a crack-head.

That guy can act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies