Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 15,411 times

Advertisements

Ths is for the best detectives of old movies. You come up with this one you are VERY good.
I have tried to collect almost every movie I can remember seeing that I felt was worth watching again.
Way back, probably early to mid-sixties, I saw a film that I can only remember a few bits and pieces of. This is a long shot, but maybe somebody caught it on Turner Classics or somewhere. I remember no actors, only that they were traveling by hot air balloon across africa, and toward the end, condors poked holes in the balloon and they had to land. Also they had a confrontation with natives, and one was very hostile to them. For some reason, they knocked him out with something and when they tried to wake him up he faked still being out until the cheif picked up a stick out of the fire and touched it to his foot. He yelled, got up and stormed away, only to have a spear run through him at the orders of the chief.
first, let me say I thank anyone who can help me, secondly, you may think I'm crazy for even wanting to see this again, but it's mainly because I remember so little of it, and if I saw more it might be like "Gilligan's Island". Why did I ever watch it back then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 13,082 times
Default Old movie search

"the flight of the lost balloon"

Old 12-12-2008, 08:44 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Maybe "Five Weeks in a Balloon". Terrible movie, I think Peter Lorre says, "Kismet, we have met our doom!" hilariously about halfway through.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:33 PM

3 posts, read 16,557 times
I am looking for a movies about moonshine runners that only drove and delivered moonshine by the light of the moon where this moonshine runner was also seeing the wife of the local sherriff and they were planning on running away together until the sheriff killed his father i believe it was called moonlite run but i am not for sure can anyone help me out

Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 12,452 times
I'm looking for an animated movie for little kids about a fairy family that I think take care of the weather on earth through a well from another world. e.i. They throw feathers from a pillow down the well to make it snow. I can't remember the plot very well, but I'd love to find this movie for my little girls.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 12,001 times
Swashbuckler from 30s or 40s - hero is waaay up mast, observes altercation or bad guy on deck, jumps into billowing main sail, sticks knife thru sail to guide and control his sliding descent to deck - Movie Name? Actor Name?

Last edited by Wayne Fenner; 05-13-2009 at 06:14 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 AM

16,656 posts, read 17,422,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmarcus View Post
Ths is for the best detectives of old movies. You come up with this one you are VERY good.
I have tried to collect almost every movie I can remember seeing that I felt was worth watching again.
Way back, probably early to mid-sixties, I saw a film that I can only remember a few bits and pieces of. This is a long shot, but maybe somebody caught it on Turner Classics or somewhere. I remember no actors, only that they were traveling by hot air balloon across africa, and toward the end, condors poked holes in the balloon and they had to land. Also they had a confrontation with natives, and one was very hostile to them. For some reason, they knocked him out with something and when they tried to wake him up he faked still being out until the cheif picked up a stick out of the fire and touched it to his foot. He yelled, got up and stormed away, only to have a spear run through him at the orders of the chief.
first, let me say I thank anyone who can help me, secondly, you may think I'm crazy for even wanting to see this again, but it's mainly because I remember so little of it, and if I saw more it might be like "Gilligan's Island". Why did I ever watch it back then?

Answering your question, I doubt it but could it possibly be 'Modesty Blaize'?

Old 05-21-2009, 03:17 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmarcus View Post
Perhaps it is the Haley Mills Disney movie titled "In Search of the Castaways."

What I remember the most is that they ended up in a huge tree on the Pampas and the place flooded. They were joined by a panther. They also met up with Maori's in New Zealand and an Indian Tribe in Peru.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 10,149 times
Hi everyone!
I remember one old kids movie about a little town where all houses are giant shoes and people live in them. Then there's love story and one grumpy old guy that want to ruin it. I can't seem to remember name of the movie and I searched everywhere, so please if anyone know the name write it down. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-22-2010, 12:54 PM

147 posts, read 646,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Fenner View Post
Swashbuckler from 30s or 40s - hero is waaay up mast, observes altercation or bad guy on deck, jumps into billowing main sail, sticks knife thru sail to guide and control his sliding descent to deck - Movie Name? Actor Name?
Captain Blood? If so Errol Flynn was the actor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies