Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 10:17 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,450,268 times

Advertisements

Hello All….

Trying to remember the name of the short clip/film here….. I was just a little kid when I saw it, so there may be some recall issues…. Not sure if it was a Night Gallery clip or some other show…. I think it came out in the 1970’s….

I think the plot approximately is like this: starts out with an old doll, with dirty/soiled dress on a battlefield during some war. The doll has some demonic power, and was utilized to send to an enemy person, to kill him/her. Usually mailed or sent in a shoebox, when the targeted person opens the box, the dolls eyes open, and its purpose is to bite the person. It had large cuspids, and its bite was fatal. It would not stop until it bit its victim. I think it ends with one of the original senders of the doll is himself sent the doll. When he sees it, he realizes the only way to kill it is to let it bite him, so he does, and then throws it into the lit fireplace.

Any help on finding the film’s name would be veryhelpful. I want to see if I can find it.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 05:38 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,923 times
Was it a UK or US short?

Some of these don't have descriptions, but here's what I found:

A series in the UK:
Paper Doll (2003) - IMDb

From "Tales of Mystery," also UK, in 1962:
"Tales of Mystery" The Doll (TV Episode 1963) - IMDb

Or this:
Living Dolls (TV Short 1980) - IMDb

Here's one from "Night Gallery," 1971:
Night Gallery - Season 1, Episode 15: The Doll - TV.com

This isn't a short, but I might watch it if I can find it!
"Night Gallery" Pamela's Voice/Lone Survivor/The Doll (TV Episode 1971) - IMDb

Old 10-05-2014, 11:48 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Hello All….

Trying to remember the name of the short clip/film here….. I was just a little kid when I saw it, so there may be some recall issues…. Not sure if it was a Night Gallery clip or some other show…. I think it came out in the 1970’s….

I think the plot approximately is like this: starts out with an old doll, with dirty/soiled dress on a battlefield during some war. The doll has some demonic power, and was utilized to send to an enemy person, to kill him/her. Usually mailed or sent in a shoebox, when the targeted person opens the box, the dolls eyes open, and its purpose is to bite the person. It had large cuspids, and its bite was fatal. It would not stop until it bit its victim. I think it ends with one of the original senders of the doll is himself sent the doll. When he sees it, he realizes the only way to kill it is to let it bite him, so he does, and then throws it into the lit fireplace.

Any help on finding the film’s name would be veryhelpful. I want to see if I can find it.

Thanks.
I am pretty sure it is the Night Gallery episode "The Doll" from season I.

Love the series, and that episode is on the same disc as one of my favorites with John Aston and Phillis Diller....Pamela's voice.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:34 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,450,268 times
Thanks All...

I believe it was: Night Gallery - Season 1, Episode 15: The Doll - TV.com
I knew I came to the right place to ask.

(IIRC, there was also another evil doll episode with Jack Klugman).

(Another classic is from The Outer Limits, called ' The Premonition', but I digress)

Last edited by SuperSparkle928; 10-06-2014 at 11:29 AM..

Old 10-12-2014, 04:11 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,815,512 times
The most famous part of Trilogy of Terror.

Trilogy of Terror (TV Movie 1975) - IMDb

Old 10-13-2014, 10:09 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
The most famous part of Trilogy of Terror.

Trilogy of Terror (TV Movie 1975) - IMDb

That's not the one the OP's referring to, although I immediately thought of that one when I read the thread title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies