Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 440 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

Last night a had this super vivid dream about an old school movie that involve super elaborate mazes(more like escape room) inside a pretty run down house. I think I remember watching when I was a kid (15+ years ago), I assume it was from the 90's but possibly older.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a popular film as I have been googling all morning but haven't seen anything similar yet. I think it's kinda dark as well, but not horror/gore. I think it's children/teens that explore the maze. Nobody dies.

I also feel like there was a sequel as I remember there being at least 2 mazes.

I obviously can't remember the name and due to it being a dream I can't be sure which bits are legit or not...
But here goes:

-There's a super old piano/harpsichord thing that they have to play to open the secret passage into the maze.

-They can only do the maze that they have the correct number of people for (i.e. can't do some solo as they require 2people).

-At the beginning of one of the mazes there is a room of full of old boots, that the challengers need to put on to proceed through.

-There is no reward for doing/escaping the maze, it's more of a secret challenge that they stumble across and can't escape from without completing it.

-There may have been some older "gameskeeper" running/observing the challengers from behind the scenes, I assume they were the owner of this house.

- I think the house is built into the side of a rock wall.

Super sorry I can't remember more, but please help me at least confirm whether this is an actual movie or not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 08:23 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,958,772 times
Sounds like a cross between Goonies, The Human Race and Cube....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies