Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 01:27 PM

1,538 posts, read 866,766 times

Advertisements

Just saw the film. The duration is 2 1/2 hours and is divided into 3 parts. It's basically a biography of a young Snow and portrays as a much nicer man compared to the later storylines. Lucy is a very interesting and cunning vixen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2023, 11:20 PM

1,808 posts, read 3,189,800 times
I liked it, but initially felt the 3rd part was drawn out. After thinking on it and reading some other explanations, it does make sense. My take is this isn't a movie for the general audience. It's a movie for the hunger games fans. I think you need to know who Snow was in the original movies to really understand and appreciate the new movie.

I did like the retro feel of the movie. This movie was 64 years before the original. Technology in the movie had an old feel to it. Kind of like watching a movie from the 60's or 70's and comparing it to today.

Old 11-19-2023, 08:58 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
I'll wait for it to come on On Demand. I really enjoyed the Hunger Games and Jennifer Lawrence but cannot stand Racheal Zegler.

Old 11-20-2023, 08:26 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
I enjoyed it. I read the book and enjoyed that as well, and they followed the book pretty well with just a few minor differences. I started reading it after the movie was announced, and that Rachel Zegler was to be cast as Lucy Gray so I did see her in character as I was reading it.

Old 11-21-2023, 01:05 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I enjoyed it. I read the book and enjoyed that as well, and they followed the book pretty well with just a few minor differences. I started reading it after the movie was announced, and that Rachel Zegler was to be cast as Lucy Gray so I did see her in character as I was reading it.
From seeing all the internet articles of this movie has had, and even advertisements from the Lionsgate, most everything seems to focus on Rachel Zegler. I don't have much of an opinion of her, although her comments which ridiculed and were dismissive of the story of Snow White have turned me off to her. Especially since she's supposed to play the part of Snow White. What kind of a self absorbed narcissist does that??

Old 11-24-2023, 10:35 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
I loved the Hunger Games movies and books but couldn't get into this book. I'm not sure that I'll watch this one.

Old 12-05-2023, 07:41 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
I just saw this today, and the only good thing I can say about it is that it closely followed the book. However, I didn't like it because the sound quality was horrible -- I had trouble understanding half of it.

Also, I now see why so many people object to Rachel Zegler in the Snow White movie coming out. Maybe it was just the character, Lucy Gray Baird, she played in the movie but I was just completely turned off by the actress herself. It is hard to explain, but between her acting in this movie and her infamous comments about Snow White needing a remake, I think she is the most obnoxious new actresses I have seen in the past 20 years, at least. I also didn't like the portrayal of Dr. Gaul (not weird or evil enough) or of Casca Highbottom (not convincing) or of Maude Ivory (too old) -- and many of the Academy students looked to be at least 23 years old instead of the equivalent of high school seniors. But even more than all the foregoing, I dislike the character of Coral the most. I guess I just very much disliked almost all of the casting, period -- even though it certainly was diverse!

Last edited by katharsis; 12-05-2023 at 07:54 PM..

Old 12-06-2023, 11:47 AM

26,714 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I really enjoyed the Hunger Games and Jennifer Lawrence but cannot stand Racheal Zegler.
What don't you like about her? The only film I've ever seen her in was Spielberg's "West Side Story," in which she played Maria.

Old 12-09-2023, 08:24 AM

487 posts, read 1,363,680 times
i don't get the ending? did Lucy run away but placed a trap/snake under the scarf Snow gave her? when did she start "turning" trying to kill Snow, was it in the Cabin? i did sense something when Snow betrayed his friend and got him hung and the reaction from Lucy in the execution scene... Why did Snow run away with Lucy when he's conscientious enough to conjure up a scheme to trap his friend so he could go back to the capital? was it because he's planning to dispose her?

also, Snow's sister(was it? i could be wrong) Tigris, does this Tigris have any relation to that Tigris in the original Hunger Game movies?

Last edited by brassbin; 12-09-2023 at 09:39 AM..

Old 12-11-2023, 12:23 PM

1,538 posts, read 866,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brassbin View Post
also, Snow's sister(was it? i could be wrong) Tigris, does this Tigris have any relation to that Tigris in the original Hunger Game movies?
I believe she is the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies