Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 12:24 PM

1,554 posts, read 876,154 times

Advertisements

How is this sequel is going to do with this threesome? Did you liked Captain Marvel? Is this going to be this year's biggest hit for Disney?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2023, 01:03 PM

12,393 posts, read 8,170,832 times
All the preliminary buzz says it will be the worst the MCU has done.

One reviewer I follow thought that as a Ms Marvel season 2 that the baby character was on the rise while the auntie star and middle child didn't make as big of an impression on him.

Old 11-09-2023, 01:28 PM

22,930 posts, read 28,302,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
Is this going to be this year's biggest hit for Disney?

Old 11-09-2023, 02:11 PM

503 posts, read 200,471 times
The reviews for this film so far have been largely very negative.

‘The Marvels’ Review: Even in Its Best Moments, This Scattered Superhero Sequel Demands a Total MCU Reset

https://www.indiewire.com/criticism/...ew-1234923772/

This particular review has some funny passages. I enjoyed it (the review, not the film).

The Marvels, review: the superhero franchise sinks to a new low

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...w-brie-larson/

Old 11-09-2023, 07:03 PM

25 posts, read 14,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
How is this sequel is going to do with this threesome? Did you liked Captain Marvel? Is this going to be this year's biggest hit for Disney?
One has to seriously ask exactly what led you to suggest "biggest hit", or am I missing the satire because Disney has had so many well-deserved low points this year?

Old 11-09-2023, 07:17 PM

I liked it. In my pre Disney + scale I would buy the DVD for repeat viewing. There were some Thor Love and Thunder overreacting for the joke scenes that I would have played straight.In any case more fun than Ant-Man and the Wasp 3

Old 11-10-2023, 09:21 PM

735 posts, read 1,172,216 times
I saw the film this evening. It was very uneven and only ok. No where near the quality of what Marvel was putting out a decade ago. I did love the end credit sequence though.

The film makers assume that you have seen all the Disney+ series leading up to this film.

Old 11-10-2023, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post
I saw the film this evening. It was very uneven and only ok. No where near the quality of what Marvel was putting out a decade ago. I did love the end credit sequence though.

The film makers assume that you have seen all the Disney+ series leading up to this film.
Not like in Wandavision and Dr, Strange. In this case you would only be missing the origin of powers and for Secret Invasion's space station/Fury I don't know how they fit in with this at all. I could even pick at nits that didnt fit the Ms. Marvel show when looking at how the Khan's reacted to hearing "aunt Carol" with a joke about families when in their own show we had the non family illumin-aunties and every man of the next generation was uncle.

Old 11-11-2023, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post

Coming back after hearing some more reviews I guess you need to see Ms Marvel to know the bands/bangle is not the source of her powers, it was just the trigger of her mutant abilities.

Old 11-11-2023, 03:53 PM

503 posts, read 200,471 times
This one isn't resonating with audiences. A YouTube personality who calls herself Alachia Queen says The Marvels wasn't made for the MCU's fanbase, but for a much younger crowd. It sounds like a bad move on the showrunners' part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies