Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,873 times

Advertisements

For those who are going to see it what are your expectations? I was a big fan of the first two movies so I'll probably really like the new one too. I haven't seen the third movie yet either, I wasn't really interested in seeing that one because the main characters weren't involved in the movie except for Vin Diesel making a small appearence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 01:52 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,001 times
judging by the trailer, the movie looks incredibly stupid.

the first two movies were also, unbelievably stupid, as was the third.

when i saw the 1st one and the 3rd one, i was basically on a plane i.e. not at my own house and not in control of what was on. the second one, by far the stupidest of the first three, i rented as a farse. my friends and i got a kick out of it. the 4th one looks like it might be even more ludacris than the 2nd one. so i may rent it one day for a few laughs before shooting a hole through my television.

the worst part of the trailer for me is the young woman who appears to be on the hood of a fast moving car and about to.....like...jump off onto another vehicle or something. and she has this stupid j!zz-eating smile on her face like it's all just a walk in the park.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:33 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,143,524 times
^Ah, I see. You'll see it, but pretend you don't want to. Got it.

I'll see it. I just want it to have hot chicks and be loud. Not sure if I'll go to the theater though. It might have to wait till it's on DVD.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:54 AM

214 posts, read 560,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
judging by the trailer, the movie looks incredibly stupid.

the first two movies were also, unbelievably stupid, as was the third.

when i saw the 1st one and the 3rd one, i was basically on a plane i.e. not at my own house and not in control of what was on. the second one, by far the stupidest of the first three, i rented as a farse. my friends and i got a kick out of it. the 4th one looks like it might be even more ludacris than the 2nd one. so i may rent it one day for a few laughs before shooting a hole through my television.

the worst part of the trailer for me is the young woman who appears to be on the hood of a fast moving car and about to.....like...jump off onto another vehicle or something. and she has this stupid j!zz-eating smile on her face like it's all just a walk in the park.
Well said.

I never liked that meat head Vin Weasel.

Never liked the people who liked Fast and Furious movies either. You know all the hipsters with there "souped up" loud annoying colorful cars.

I thought these FnF movies were gone for good. Hopefully this is the last one.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:15 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,143,524 times
^I do blame the movie for the increase of stupid cars on the road, that's for sure.

I've only seen the first one, and I enjoyed it. Yes, I know it's ridiculously stupid and the acting is awful and the plot so very unlikely. But I just see it as mindless fun. Light-hearted fantasy type stuff. The sequels just looked like opportunistic crap to me so I didn't bother, but this one? With the original cast back, I admit I'm intrigued. I'm still not gonna go out and buy a souped up Civic though.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,291 times
I want to see it, however I will probably wait until it is out on DVD.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Whos going to see Fast and Furious?
Kids from age 12-17. Cant imagine anyone else wanting to see that junk.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,121 times
You would be surprised. The import performance industry is one of the largest segments of the auto customizing market. Its a multi Billion dollar insudtry and its not just kids. I've seen MANY of these imports tastefully done that will wipe the mat with the BIG V8's....... Its not for everyone, but it is a big market.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
This script was actually suppose to be the second movie but they couldnt get all the cast together for it at that time. So, this movie has been about 8 years coming.

I will see it because it is the actual Fast and Furious 2, I am going to pretend the other two movies were never made.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,121 times
Vin Diesel and Paul Walker want too much money for the 2nd movie is what happened.... big headed after the 1st movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies