Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 12:32 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

(CNN) -- A man angry that a family was talking during a movie threw popcorn at the son and then shot the father in the arm, according to police in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

James Joseph Cialella, 29, was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and weapons violations, a police report said.

Man shoots talker at movies, police say - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 12:51 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
(CNN) -- A man angry that a family was talking during a movie threw popcorn at the son and then shot the father in the arm, according to police in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

James Joseph Cialella, 29, was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and weapons violations, a police report said.

Man shoots talker at movies, police say - CNN.com

They ARRESTED him?? They should have given him a medal and the key to the city!!!!

But seriously folks...this is one of the reasons I very rarely go to a big-screen movie complex anymore. People think they're still sitting in their own living rooms and see no reason to stop having a conversation!!

Old 12-27-2008, 04:00 PM

262 posts, read 566,959 times
Haha,have you seen the part in Scary movie 2 were everybody starts to kill the chick for making too much noise?

Old 12-28-2008, 11:36 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times
There's nothing that irks me more than people talking constantly at a movie theater. Honestly, shut up and watch the movie People are so inconsiderate of those around them and if they want to have a chatfest with friends don't go see a movie. Not saying it was right for somebody to shoot somebody but people who talk during movies tick me off

Old 12-28-2008, 04:43 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Why people think it's okay to disturb everyone else is beyond me. There are Mommy and Me showings for families.

I wish I could have shot the woman who brought the cryer to Sex and the City. wtf??

Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
His actions were extreme, but I despise talking during a film too. I don't condone violence, though I have engaged in a heated verbal exchange once or twice.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:57 PM

353 posts, read 552,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
They ARRESTED him?? They should have given him a medal and the key to the city!!!!

But seriously folks...this is one of the reasons I very rarely go to a big-screen movie complex anymore. People think they're still sitting in their own living rooms and see no reason to stop having a conversation!!
Ahmen.

I'd like to see theaters hire snipers. Put them in the balcony and if they see someones lips move. Blast em.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:03 PM

638 posts, read 1,917,799 times
Friend and I went to opening night of Freddy vs. Jason

a young couple brought in their 4 yr old and a baby in a carrier to the showing (and it was the 10 pm showing!!!)

the baby thankfully slept but the little vermin child ran up and down the aisle for over half the movie until he got tired and finally fell asleep. Everybody was pissed off..

who the hell brings a 4 year old to a movie like that and especially at that time of night???

That's called poor parenting and Child Protective Services should be waiting outside for them.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:05 PM

638 posts, read 1,917,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
His actions were extreme, but I despise talking during a film too. I don't condone violence, though I have engaged in a heated verbal exchange once or twice.

Extreme??? Nahh .. no way.. not extreme. Extreme would've been killing him. All he did was put the fear of God into him so when he goes to his next movie he will put a muzzle on himself in case he gets an urge to talk out of fear that someone else will shoot him LOL

Old 12-29-2008, 08:07 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
..That's .. ENTER-----TAIN-----MENT........!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies