Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 12:50 AM

13 posts, read 26,284 times

Advertisements

If so what did you think of it? I saw the DVD on base and was tempted to buy it; although I had never heard of it; the art work on the package is Great. It is an ArtHouse_Foreign, Drama Movie; presented by David Fincher & Spike Jones. Ebert has given it a thumbs up, but you know how deceiving that can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 01:09 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,122,993 times
It was... different. I thought it was enjoyable in an indie/artsie type way. The story was ok but nothing special and it tended to drag on in places but overall I was glad I saw it.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:17 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,021,673 times
I watched it not too long ago. If you like visual movies then you will like this movie.

I agree that it did tend to drag a bit in places but overall it is an entertaining and creative movie. It's worth a viewing.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:14 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,081,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I watched it not too long ago. If you like visual movies then you will like this movie.

I agree that it did tend to drag a bit in places but overall it is an entertaining and creative movie. It's worth a viewing.
Rented this the other day - as stated above, while the story does indeed (surprisingly, given the energy of the movie overall) drag slowly [esp. ~1/2 through, where you wonder where the movie is going?], the visual effects, the colours, the locations, the surprises, the contrasts, the atmosphere, the scenery, the originality, the acting,,, all are amazing, and make this movie IMHO well worth watching. Kudos to Tarsem for an entertaining movie - wish it would receive more accolades for what was put into this film, and for how good it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies