Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2011, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,280 times

Advertisements

when i was a little girl i saw a movie and wanted to find the title. i am 31 now at the time i was probably 10 or so i think it was made in the late 70's not positive. it was a horror/thriller there was a man hiding in a basement of a house , he rode a bike or tricycle, hid in the dirty clothes or a pile of something. one scene a woman is in the kitchen she drops a bowl of fruit and is on the floor picking it up, she is wearing a scarf and is over a vent on the floor the man in the basment grabs the scarf and strangles her with it. I am not positive but the man might have been mentally challenged . I would LOVE some feedback if anyone has seen a movie similar to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 10:56 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,231,786 times
Default This was a very popular "dark horse" film back then.

The Unseen (1980)
Wikipedia synopsis excerpt:
After a hotel reservation mix up, sisters Karen and Jennifer and their friend, Vicki, meet a friendly but shady character named Ernest Keller. Ernest convinces the women to accept an invitation for cheap room and board at his large farmhouse, where his wife, Virginia, also lives. Once there, Jennifer and Karen leave for the holiday parade fair which Jennifer, a news reporter, is reporting on. At the festival, Jennifer is met by her soon-to-be ex-boyfriend, Tony, who gets her to stay behind to talk about their relationship. Meanwhile, back at the house, Vicki prepares to take a nap in her room but is attacked by an unseen figure. The unseen eventually begins to pull Vicki into a floor vent when she tries to escape. At the parade, Karen leaves Jennifer and Tony to talk and makes her way back to the house alone—where she, too, is then attacked and killed by the unseen as it attempts to pull her by her hair through a vent into the basement.

You can read the rest of the summary here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unseen_(1980_film)

I think this might be the complete film:

THE UNSEEN (1980) HORROR - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies