Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 05:59 AM

1 posts, read 6,922 times

Advertisements

Dear All, please, help me. I have searched thoughout the web by keywords, but all in vain. In the 80's my father brought me a VCR with comedy, which was translated from Italian, but this is not a fact that the movie is Italian. It was about two guys, if my memory serves me they were a truck drivers. One of them is handsome blond blue-eyed and another one is obese and with beard wearing the mechanic's uniform. I don't remember exactly why but they were escapiong from thr gangs, or street criminals. One of the funniest moment in the movie - they run into the concert hall where the chorus of nuns were practiving. and the song was without words, just la-la-la-la... They are hiding among the nuns and try to sing with them. The end was very positive, but I neither remember actors' name nor the movie's name.

The other movie I am looking for is an action movie. The girl with scar on her face is improsoned. The plastical surgeon makes an operation, buys her a red dress, and wants to marry her. A few days before the wedding the girls see the portrait of his x-wife, who is an exact copy of her and wears the same dress. She runs away. Then she meets her ex-boyfriend, who is married her sister and is a very severe criminal. She wants to help her sister escape. Together with her new belowed, the girl manages to protect herself and kills her sister's husband in the amateuer theatre. Happy End.

I hope sombody will know these movies and help me. oR AT LEAST THE ACTORS' NAMES!!!! THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
The second one sounds like "A Face To Die For"

Old 10-08-2008, 01:05 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,451,069 times
I do not know the title of the first movie but the actors sound like Bud Spencer and Terence Hill. In the 70s and 80s they did many movies together, including many spaghetti western.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:46 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
I do not know the title of the first movie but the actors sound like Bud Spencer and Terence Hill. In the 70s and 80s they did many movies together, including many spaghetti western.
Yes, I'm pretty sure the OP was describing Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer. I saw quite a few of their films together but I don't recall one with this synopsis. Maybe you can check the different movies listed under his name on the imdb website and see if any describe what you're looking for.

Bud Spencer

Old 07-09-2009, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 12,315 times
trying to find the name of a movie about 3 sibling ghost living in a house and they had an old woman who was their maid, and a man visiting, one of the siblings was a girl and the other two was men the woman ghost fell in love with the man who was visiting

Old 07-09-2009, 06:46 PM

2 posts, read 12,315 times
Default need to find a name of a movie please help

trying to find the name of a movie about 3 sibling ghost living in a house and they had an old woman who was their maid, and a man visiting, one of the siblings was a girl and the other two was men the woman ghost fell in love with the man who was visiting

Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,607,644 times
That sounds like a silly movie. Why would 3 ghosts who are siblings need a maid? Ghosts don't make much of a mess most of the time. Though I guess those bastards in Poltergeist did.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:01 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,228,525 times
Default It's definitely this film!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena78 View Post
Haunted (1995)
Wikipedia synopsis excerpt:
David Ash (Aidan Quinn), an American professor, has entered into the field of parapsychology and has spent a majority of his life disproving the existence of ghosts. He was motivated by the untimely death of his twin sister, Juliet, for which he blames himself. In 1928, he receives an invitation from the Mariell family to investigate the alleged hauntings at their home, Edbrook House. At the train station, he is met and is immediately smitten by the beautiful Christina Mariell (Kate Beckinsale), who informs him that she and her brothers actually hired him to try to calm the fears of their aging nanny. Christina believes that due to her declining mental health since their mother's death, Nanny Tess (Anna Massey) has convinced herself that Mrs. Mariell's ghost returns every evening to haunt Edbrook House.

Here's a film clip:

Haunted 1995 Clip - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies