Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Worse? Example?

Nothing But a G Thing
"And before me dig out a ***** I have ta' find a contraceptive
You never know she could be earnin' her man
and learnin' her man - and at the same time burnin' her man
Now you know I ain't with that ****, Lieutenant
Ain't no ***** good enough to get burnt while I'm up in it"

Moderator cut: Do not post the whole lyrics.

Some of this stuff is why more sexual then the insinuations of today.
At least he plans to use a condom!

Last edited by BigSwede; 09-15-2011 at 02:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 05:35 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,419,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Worse? Example?

Nothing But a G Thing
"And before me dig out a ***** I have ta' find a contraceptive
You never know she could be earnin' her man
and learnin' her man - and at the same time burnin' her man
Now you know I ain't with that ****, Lieutenant
Ain't no ***** good enough to get burnt while I'm up in it"

Moderator cut: Do not post the whole lyrics.

Some of this stuff is why more sexual then the insinuations of today.
Maybe you should listen to todays so-called rappers like Lil Boosie, Lil Wayne, Slim Thug and others. And you'll see the difference today than it was back then.

Last edited by BigSwede; 09-15-2011 at 02:33 AM..

Old 09-14-2011, 07:49 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,738,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Hasn't rap always been associated with hyper-masculinity and sexual objectivity?
No. In fact, in the first rap song they used all real instruments (no beatboxes).

The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight - YouTube

Kurtis Blow-The Breaks - YouTube

Paid in Full, By Eric B & Rakim (Pump up the Volume) -Full Version- - YouTube

Grandmaster Flash - The Message (1982) (Original) - YouTube

Old 09-15-2011, 08:21 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Maybe you should listen to todays so-called rappers like Lil Boosie, Lil Wayne, Slim Thug and others. And you'll see the difference today than it was back then.
I have. In Wayne's example outside Lollipop, what other song takes sex as the front, let alone more than one line in a song? 98% of his lyrics are how he is the best rapper alive.

Boosie, 98% of his lyrics are about how fresh and how thug he is.

All the early 90s gangsta rappers had sexual content in about every song i.e. 30%+ lyrics were related to explicit sex.

Here is another jam... Ice Cube's "Today was a Good Day". Since the mods cut full lyrics, I will drop only one sexual line from this classic. "And my d*** runs deep so deep so deep". The line is in a whole phrase related to Ice Cube being a "Pimp". Some of those rappers devoted whole songs to sex i.e. Wreckx-n-effect "Rump Shaker", 2Pac's "How Do You Want It", etc.

Same is said about the R&B element. The highest of the sexual content was early 90s as well with acts like R. Kelly, Jodeci, Bobby Brown, etc.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:56 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,607 times
Quote:
I mean good grief! What is up with these artists today that feel like that they can say whatever the hell the want with the ignorant I-don't-give-a-damn attitude? It's like they go the quick(and wrong) without and true effort, nd along with that they brainwash the young people, including teenagers, that it's like the way life should be which it shouldn't. P.S. I'm a 24 Year Old Black Male. And by the way, LIL WAYNE SUCKS! And I'm fron New Orleans born and raised.
OMG, I love you!
I have been thinking this very thing for a long time now. In Baltimore we have this radio station, 92Q which is the main R&B station and I'd been listening to it since I was in high school. But now when I turn it on, every song performed by a male is about having sex. No love, just sex. And I cannot stand it! For one, I know every young black person in the city listens to this station and I wonder how it affects young people listening to it?

Its there and it really irritates me. So much that I don't even listen to most of it anymore.

And I also HATE Lil Wayne and anyone of his ilk.
And I am a black female.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:23 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafrog View Post
because... Damn! Have you ever looked at a woman?:d

lol

Old 09-15-2011, 02:08 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,235,972 times
Quote:
I mean good grief! What is up with these artists today that feel like that they can say whatever the hell the want with the ignorant I-don't-give-a-damn attitude? It's like they go the quick(and wrong) without and true effort, nd along with that they brainwash the young people, including teenagers, that it's like the way life should be which it shouldn't. P.S. I'm a 24 Year Old Black Male. And by the way, LIL WAYNE SUCKS! And I'm fron New Orleans born and raised.
Because they have NO real talent and they need a gimmick to sell their GARBAGE.......

Old 09-15-2011, 06:17 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,028 times
Because it's what the general public listens to.

Dig a little further underground.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 PM

664 posts, read 855,233 times
they are puppets.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:01 PM

664 posts, read 855,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Because they have NO real talent and they need a gimmick to sell their GARBAGE.......

LOL to do have talent. a lot of these people go into the music industry thinkin' they will do their artist, but they end of doing what the high ups tell them to do. also, there are artist from the 90's who were praised for the voices, but now they are turning to mainstream pop music. they aren't showcasing their talent anymore. it's a shame.

i think we should pray for these kids today. there is come evil still being put out to them these days. also, if you have kids, teach them about good music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music