Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 10:01 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times

Advertisements

I know they are old, and I went in a little skeptical tonight. Excited, but skeptical. Well, I can honestly say that they have never sounded better! They were full of energy, and the music was everything you would expect it to be and more. Mick Taylor and John Mayer played with them. Both were good, but Taylor's guitar playing was phenomenal! He should have been with the band all these years.

I found a copy of the set list:

Get Off My Cloud (1965)
The Last Time (1964)
It’s Only Rock n Roll (But I Like It) (from Its Only Rock n Roll, 1974)
Paint It Black (1966)
Gimme Shelter (from Let It Bleed, 1969)
Respectable (with John Mayer) (from Some Girls, 1978)
Wild Horses (from Sticky Fingers, 1971)
Around And Around (from 12×5, 1964)
Doom And Gloom (from GRRR, 2012)
One More Shot (from GRRR, 2012)
Miss You (from Some Girls, 1978)
Honky Tonk Woman (1969)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith vocals) (from Some Girls, 1978)
Happy (from Exile On Main Street, 1972)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor) (from Let It Bleed, 1969)
Start Me Up (from Tattoo You, 1981)
Tumbling Dice (from Exile On Main Street, 1972)
Brown Sugar (from Sticky Fingers, 1971)
Sympathy For The Devil (from Beggars Banquet, 1968)

You Can’t Always Get What You Want (from Let It Bleed, 1969)

Jumping Jack Flash (1968)
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (1965)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 12:00 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,356,163 times
AWESOME, I saw them a few years ago, I think it was the "No security" tour.... they rocked, and were just all around awesome. Mick is in incredible shape. Keith and the rest (Charlie Watts) were great as well. I think Kenny Wayne Shepard was the opening band, and Mick and Jerry's daughter sang backup for the KWS band that particular night.

The younger bands could take some lessons from these guys. They were all in great shape too and rocked out. The Rolling Stones are my fave band and that was on my bucket list to see them...

I just saw the recent documentary "shine a light", you would like it.

They are basically a blues band, those old blues guys play til they die, that is what these guys are gonna do too. You should read the Keith Richards book "Life" it's very interesting, esp if you are a musician since he talks alot about the music making process. (he was a total junkie though, back in the day, so it has a lot about that in it too...)

Glad you liked it!!

Old 12-16-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
AWESOME, I saw them a few years ago, I think it was the "No security" tour.... they rocked, and were just all around awesome. Mick is in incredible shape. Keith and the rest (Charlie Watts) were great as well. I think Kenny Wayne Shepard was the opening band, and Mick and Jerry's daughter sang backup for the KWS band that particular night.

The younger bands could take some lessons from these guys. They were all in great shape too and rocked out. The Rolling Stones are my fave band and that was on my bucket list to see them...

I just saw the recent documentary "shine a light", you would like it.

They are basically a blues band, those old blues guys play til they die, that is what these guys are gonna do too. You should read the Keith Richards book "Life" it's very interesting, esp if you are a musician since he talks alot about the music making process. (he was a total junkie though, back in the day, so it has a lot about that in it too...)

Glad you liked it!!
There is a new documentary "Crossfire Hurricane" on HBO that was really good too.
I'll check out Shine a Light. Thanks.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:49 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,325,963 times
The "Eurasia 28 On Fire" or whatever that tour is, I'm glad they are out of America. I've seen them about 30 times, and these days watching them play live gives me chest pain. I just keep expecting the weight of Keith's guitar to drag him to the ground, where he explodes into dust upon impact.

I feel that way about all of them. So skinny and frail looking! Weird. As a man, I respect Keith throwing away the Just For Men, but it does have an impact on me visually.

I hope they play forever, it just stresses me out a bit to watch these days.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:55 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I know they are old, and I went in a little skeptical tonight. Excited, but skeptical. Well, I can honestly say that they have never sounded better! They were full of energy, and the music was everything you would expect it to be and more. Mick Taylor and John Mayer played with them. Both were good, but Taylor's guitar playing was phenomenal! He should have been with the band all these years.

I found a copy of the set list:

Get Off My Cloud (1965)
The Last Time (1964)
It’s Only Rock n Roll (But I Like It) (from Its Only Rock n Roll, 1974)
Paint It Black (1966)
Gimme Shelter (from Let It Bleed, 1969)
Respectable (with John Mayer) (from Some Girls, 1978)
Wild Horses (from Sticky Fingers, 1971)
Around And Around (from 12×5, 1964)
Doom And Gloom (from GRRR, 2012)
One More Shot (from GRRR, 2012)
Miss You (from Some Girls, 1978)
Honky Tonk Woman (1969)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith vocals) (from Some Girls, 1978)
Happy (from Exile On Main Street, 1972)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor) (from Let It Bleed, 1969)
Start Me Up (from Tattoo You, 1981)
Tumbling Dice (from Exile On Main Street, 1972)
Brown Sugar (from Sticky Fingers, 1971)
Sympathy For The Devil (from Beggars Banquet, 1968)

You Can’t Always Get What You Want (from Let It Bleed, 1969)

Jumping Jack Flash (1968)
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (1965)

Thanks for sharing.

Do surgeons ask for you based on common music

MSR

Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Do surgeons ask for you based on common music

MSR
No, they ask for me because I am the best. The music is just a bonus.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:27 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Watched the Stones & Muddy Waters live at the Checkerboard over the weekend.

Absolute bliss.

Muddy Waters and the Rolling Stones: Live at the Checkerboard Lounge 1981 (Video 2012) - IMDb

Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,663,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He should have been with the band all these years.
I used to be obsessed with the 'Stones. They were all I could listen to.
Keef inspired me to start playing guitar. Try being a little kid in the 70's figgering out stuff only using a tape, and not knowing he was playing in open G. oo00OOFff, I went through a few tapes, alright !!! L0Lz !!
Ive seen them a few times thru the ages, but I sort of lost interest in the later 80's. But, I did see Keef's Expensive Winos in 1988(??) and thought that was a pretty good rendition of old 'Stones . . .

To me, Mick Taylor's work with the Stone is the best in rock, period.
He couldnt play a wrong note. If you watch a youtube vid of him playing Love in Vein from '72 or '73, and dont have a tear in your eye, you need to have your pulse checked!! I dont think I could afford to see them now in this age of 300 tix, but if MT was back with them for a show or two, I might sell pencils on the corner or get a paper route to try to get a ticket!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music