Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 07:51 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,342,103 times

Advertisements

Okay! So a lot of people, including myself, were really excited for the release of Lady Gaga's newest single 'Applause'. She hasn't released anything good in my own opinion since her single, Judas, and I wanted to hear something from her that would really get me into the beat again!

I give this song a C! I am so disappointed and hurt!

I'll start with the bad. The CHORUS! It is so repetitive and bland. "Applause Applause Applause - plause plause plause"!!!! Whats worse is that it is terrible and dominates the song. More time is devoted to this than anything else.

Now the not so bad, the post-chorus. It sounded bad the first time I heard it. Now that I read the lyrics and I actually understand what is being said underneath the loud beat it is a little better, but not her best at all.

Okay, now for the good. Verse one and verse two. This I actually really liked (!!!) as I think it demonstrates Gaga's talent as a poet and as a vocalist (her awesome voice really shows in the verses). I also really like her verse regarding Kunst (German word for art).

I can't tell you how much I got into this song in the first 30 seconds and then the chorus hit and I stopped dancing immediately! And I won't talk about how much it sounds similar to another song by another very well known pop artist. lol. I know that the night clubs will be raving to this for several months, but I know Lady Gaga can do better!

So what do you pop fans think of the song????? I want to hear everyone's opinion and then maybe I can change my outlook to more positive for the song!

Lady Gaga's 'Applause' released - listen now for free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music