Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:00 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,988,659 times

Advertisements

I hope no one has started a thread like this already... but how do you listen to your music? In your living room, in your car, through your smart phone, on LPs?

Well, about 4 or 5 years ago, I used to listen to my music a 5 disc carousel CD player through a 5.1 receiver amplifier in my living room, but the player broke and I then started listening to my CDs through my DVD player. Well, about 2 years ago, my amplifier went out and then I decided to finally burn my CD collection to my computer(well, better late than never, right? ) and listen to my music on my computer, which has decent speaks and a subwoofer, and which is my present situation.

However, I plan to eventually get a new fancy-wancy receiver amplifier with wifi, which can receive my ripped music trasmitted from my computer's media player.

So, how do you listen to your music?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 09:49 AM

217 posts, read 237,888 times
My music is all in MP3 format. I use either my computer, phone, an iPod with a speaker set on my bicycle, or burn a 12-hour MP3 CD-ROM to play in my car.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:08 PM

3,551 posts, read 2,534,326 times
At its largest, my collection contained 500 albums, 100 8 tracks, 175 cassette albums, 150 recorded and mix cassettes, 300 CD albums and about 60 mix and recorded CDs. Everything except for about 150 CDs is in the trash or was turned in at a used music shop.

At this point I've got about 90% of what I would like to have in digital format. I mostly listen in the car via radio or MP3s on CD and USB, Sirius in my wife's car, or on the computer at home. The last CD album I bought was Imagine Dragons probably in 2012 or 2013. I cant remember the last time I listened to a tape or record.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:56 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
I hope no one has started a thread like this already... but how do you listen to your music? In your living room, in your car, through your smart phone, on LPs?

Well, about 4 or 5 years ago, I used to listen to my music a 5 disc carousel CD player through a 5.1 receiver amplifier in my living room, but the player broke and I then started listening to my CDs through my DVD player. Well, about 2 years ago, my amplifier went out and then I decided to finally burn my CD collection to my computer(well, better late than never, right? ) and listen to my music on my computer, which has decent speaks and a subwoofer, and which is my present situation.

However, I plan to eventually get a new fancy-wancy receiver amplifier with wifi, which can receive my ripped music trasmitted from my computer's media player.

In my car, I prefer to listen to CDs because the bluetooth music isn't loud enough (and I'm really not one of those obnoxious people who blasts my music, but I do like it louder than the bluetooth will go).

At work, I listen to music on my smartphone.

At home, I listen to music on my computer or my smartphone if I'm not near the computer. I also watch YouTube music videos a lot on my TV, if that counts.

I am a music lover, so I listen to music every day!

Old 01-05-2017, 11:19 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor

Hello Billy how are you???

I listen to records,cassettes and 8 tracks mostly (I love analog so much)

I do listen to some stuff online also but not much......

Thank you for asking

Old 01-07-2017, 06:31 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,988,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Hello Billy how are you???

I listen to records,cassettes and 8 tracks mostly (I love analog so much)

I do listen to some stuff online also but not much......

Thank you for asking
Well, thank you for your reply. Also, I wanted to thank everyone so far who have posted in this thread.

Plus, a lot of different ways and varieties that people listen to music.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:12 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,527,105 times
When I was a teenager I used to sit in front of my Sony stereo, put my humongous over the ear headphones, grabbed my drumsticks and air drum for hours on end. That I believe led me to appreciate music so much, because I could hear all the bells and whistles. To this day I can still remember listening to Soundgarden “Spoonman”, or Alice in Chain’s “Would?” and my mind being blown like a nuclear bomb.

When I went to college, my mom bought me a used car, and I had a friend, who was really into hip hop and deep bass music, install a JVC stereo with a subwoofer, tweeters and all kinds of crazy stuff…funny, because by then I was really into post hardcore like At the drive in and Thursday, and the sound coming out of that system was just ridiculous!

Now that I am an adult, is a combination of Spotify on my smartphone, Cd’s on my car, and you tube videos…I love to have the whole experience, audibly and visually.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:13 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
At home: with headphones on mp3 or YouTube. My car is old so it has a CD but not MP3 player.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:14 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,296,223 times
LPs, cassettes, CDs, FM Radio, mp3s and some streaming as well.

I need to try FLAC files one day.

I still like to own physical copies of my favorite stuff but obviously mp3s and streaming are convenient to check out music.

I also like to listen to live music

Old 01-15-2017, 07:34 AM

14,485 posts, read 20,667,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
50's 60's and 70's:
Radio with stereo in 3 different rooms, all vehicles have a stereo and CD player, turntable, record collection saved on both cassettes and CD's, only one oldies station that we can listen to as far north as about 30 miles and it fades out. And there are TV channels that have oldies music.
You get the basic idea. Almost all the time and almost everywhere.
Here's why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNXThJC1g4k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music