Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:34 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,174,845 times

Advertisements

Awful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 01:26 PM

331 posts, read 1,384,940 times
i am so sick and tired of these 'musicians' that use other people's recorded music in order to create a song.
Now, i know Kid rock has a band that plays instruments, but ANYONE whether giving credit to the original artists or not are not being original by using someone else's recorded works to make a 'song'.
I am not against using smaples in general. Myself, i either make my own, or use samples made for creating music i DL from music loop sites. These are original samples, not samples of a recorded song spliced up.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:53 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Tripe.

I like a lot of mash ups but this one just doesn't do it for me.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:01 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
I hate that song with a passion. The stations up here (especially KLT) played that damn thing every 15 minutes all last summer.

I have no respect for an artist that bastardizes other peoples music. If you're gonna do a cover, then do a cover. If not, then write your own stuff.

I never saw what the deal about Kid Rock was to begin with.......his music doesn't even approach that of the true Michigan greats like Bob Seger, Ted Nugent & Jack White.

What really makes me laugh is people who think we're supposed to be KR fans just because we're from Michigan - NOT!

Here's a little news for you......the guy's actually from Wisconsin. He moved here when he was younger.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
I hate that song with a passion. The stations up here (especially KLT) played that damn thing every 15 minutes all last summer.
I sympathize.
I live near Jacksonville, where Lynyrd Skynyrd is from, and they will never forget that. I hear "Free Bird" far more often than is necessary.
Quote:
I have no respect for an artist that bastardizes other peoples music. If you're gonna do a cover, then do a cover. If not, then write your own stuff.
I think musicians have been stealing each other's stuff for centuries, but I agree that a mash-up, if the listener knows the genuine items, can feel very hollow, very suspect.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:52 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I think musicians have been stealing each other's stuff for centuries, but I agree that a mash-up, if the listener knows the genuine items, can feel very hollow, very suspect.
The first time I heard it I thought it was one of those joke songs put together by the DJ's on the local station. We have these 2 retards up here on a morning show (won't even give them the plug of mentioning their names) that think they're funny and talented, when the reality is they're a couple of irritating trolls..........anyway, I thought it was their concoction initially, and when I found out it was Kid Rock I was like "My GOD, is that guy hard up for material, or what???"

Not good.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:01 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
When trying to figure out who the biggest fraud in the history of popular music is it's tough for me to decide between Kid Rock or Puff Daddy.

Why do people buy this garbage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music