Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamax3lovelife View Post
I love this song. good one 6 FOOT 3
Thanks for the nice post mamax3kovelife !!! And what better song to hear while seeing the beautiful sun rise as it's endorphinic .

Also welcome to the (BEST) music forums on City Data .

6/3

Old 02-27-2009, 04:16 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,335,993 times
:: finally finished with the real... walking in bubblegum dreams ... sleep deprivation creating its own natural trip... make way to the wee morn songs... ahhh 6 foot 3 left something here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Well since hate the night i always wait for the stars to fall and the beautiful Sun to rise as i derive power from that beautiful star in our Solar System.

So this is my wake up song .

YouTube - Waiting for a Star to Fall - Boy Meets Girl

Quote:
Right at this momment "don't take the girl" by Tim McGraw on my itunes
Quote:
I love this song. good one 6 FOOT 3

:: stretches out on the huge comfy couch and spins Waiting for a star to fall.... sighs contently... soo good to get back to sanity ... feels energy pour with the sax... sings::... in my arms baby yeaaa.... ::claps in time with the music... :: I wanna reach out and pull you to me....

:: grabs a pillow and dances all 'round the room... tiredness forgotten... ::.... waaaaiiitttin for a staaarrrrr! .... a Very Good song!

::tucks pillow under arm and comes over to see what other music has been laying around before I play some of my own... goes to the table near the window and sees Ms. Rare floating around in a balloon... tied down by a 18 foot rope... chuckles and waves... watches her bob and weave for awhile in the aire currents... ::

:: thinks to himself... since he's already in a chemical inbalance of psychedelics... maybe look around for that kinda music... goes to an unlock cabinet and thumb thru some oldies ... turns on the Film about it while he looks::

Psychedelic60s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLX4p3b2uc

Tol-Puddle Martyrs. "Psych-Out USA".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnto_8Pp_DM

Big Brother & The Holding Company -Hall of The Mountain King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujd0_0K_djk

Sunset in Golden Horn - Les Mogol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Bivdrep4I

:: mind changes... desires to watch dancing in other lands or and languages... helps me let go and mind float ::

Aaja Nachle - Title Song [HQ + English Subtitles]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzP42EIvS4

O Re Piya [Rahat Fateh Ali Khan] {Aja Nachle}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPxeSJn7JMc

`

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-27-2009 at 05:25 PM..

Old 02-27-2009, 06:13 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Since ain't feeling worth a durn [thanks to stomach virus], to help spirits, nothin' like a little Floyd to calm a soul...

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Brain Damage/Eclipse

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Us And Them

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Time

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Goodbye Blue Sky

Old 02-27-2009, 07:22 PM

Merry Pranksters - VERY LOUD

YouTube - Merry Pranksters

I am the Walrus LSD Scene

YouTube - I am the Walrus LSD Scene

:: groups of people knocks on door... looking for the party where the Merry Pranksters are to be hanging out... point them in the direction of the orchards... about two hours walk... sees that SC isn't feeling well... get a group of guys to make a sling to carry him to the warm healing waters... ::

MERRY PRANKSTERS =====>>>>>>

:: put up a sign for the boisterious ones... while the group of five carefully lift SC onto the sling... each with a corner and head out the other direction into the balmy aire... :: "Make sure someone got his music okay? To a chorus of reassurance that his music is coming along as well.... "

:: an older man began a soft rhythmic hum in which we all take up in choir... repeating... as we walk in the falling dusk... lanterns by the road coming on one by one.... delicate scents meet us as we turn toward the springs... someone runs ahead to a small booth on the side... already starting up SC's music... ::

(If computer strong enough to play both together)

Sounds of The Woods - thunderstorm

YouTube - Sounds of The Woods

and

:: old man gestures for sling to be lowered... rubs mud in areas of kidneys and liver... then have SC just float while old man sits on the bank... lights up a corn pipe full of dandelion weeds... rest of us make a campfire... softly sing in the darkness ::

The Fireplace Video - Widescreen HQ - HD Download Available!

YouTube - The Fireplace Video - Widescreen HQ - HD Download Available!

:: sets a small kettle on with peppermint tea... for SC ::

(Have to get going for some hours ... hope all have a good evening. :-)

Old 02-28-2009, 04:25 PM

158 posts, read 515,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
...Bells Nobleness of Marin

YouTube - bells nobleness of Marin

:: sees her coming back with a full wash basin... and understanding... struggles quickly to get outta shoes... kicks one this way and peel off the other with opposite foot.. never taking eyes off of her... hands tries to quickly rip off socks before she changes her mind... drops to a knee to roll up pants... quickly looks around... then back at her...:: Ms. cel... er.. Yes...

:: swears as a shoe tumbles a bit down the hill... sees where she is and takes off after it... d*** it to h***... grabs it and huffs back as she is weave walking or... what the heck is she doing... she doesn't walk in straight lines?... no matter... tries to stack the shoes neatly... wriggles toes... anxious... prays:: God do not let her change her mind... Do not let her change her...

Kool & The Gang - Cherish

YouTube - Kool & The Gang - Cherish
I Feel Pretty

YouTube - I Feel Pretty

Rainforest Sound

YouTube - Rainforest Sound

~glances toward Mr. MMC and blushes at His open expression … He makes me feel pretty~

~sunlight dapples through canopy of trees …arms cradle container of sweet-scented waters … soft linen gently taps shoulder with each step … eyes catch Mr. MMC—and he’s holding a shoe …. Slender ribbons swirl ‘round it~

~flash of joy … pace quickens to reach Him … birds chirp and call… insects buzz … woodland creatures scurry~

Barbra Streisand – Somewhere

YouTube - Barbra Streisand - Somewhere

~arrives at the mound on which Mr. MMC is standing … invites Him to sit … pausing as He seats Himself … lowers fragrant waters onto the grassy floor… positioning it near His feet~

~gaze falls on His crown of dark hair and broad shoulders … twinge of shyness bursts through as i say~

Mr. MMC, Sir, when You are ready, the basin shall be moved to ensure Your comfort … ~a nod and smile signal He’s ready~

~He slides heel into the sweet-scented waters, toes resting on side… holding breath, shakily reaches for ladle … a butterfly alights on the very top of Mr. MMC’s toes and says just follow me… sees butterfly dance around the upper arch … ladles follows motion~

~watches as water rivulets stream over toes and the top of His foot… hairs in waters path curl or lay flat… fascinating! Softly gasps at such beauty … from a distance a crystal drop of water falls as if in slow motion … lands on shoe as i .. the droplet … spread … shoes!!

India.Arie – Ready For Love

YouTube - India.Arie - Ready For Love

~ladle abruptly drops.,. rattles … splash… grabs shoes to breast with one hand, other hand lifts skirt as she hops up… breathlessly blurts~

Sir, i’ll be right back ~runs to nearest tree… one shoe cradled in arm, the other in hand… leans against bark of tree, out of breath~

Now to see if butterflies are really coming from the shoes!

Katie Melua – The Closest Thing to Crazy

YouTube - Katie Melua - The Closest Thing to Crazy

~lightly runs fingertips over leather~ brings tip of shoes to nose… inhales~ ~swoons … dizzy sensations~ ~drops to knees … sweetness floods~ ~slips small hand into one shoe and then the other… dark and forbidden… falls to ground~ butterflies…

Music In Nature - Butterflies

YouTube - Music In Nature-Butterflies

~presses hands deep within large shoes~ ~close to waters and ensured invisibility, mocks walking… making imprints … so many imprints! Here and there! Butterflies appear in trail of footprints ~ multicolored… fluttering… giggles in delight! so inspired! … darts in mock walking towards brook…

Carpenters – We’ve Only Just Begun

YouTube - carpenters -We've Only Just Begun

Alicia Keys – Butterflyz

YouTube - Alicia Keys - Butterflyz

Shania Twain – From This Moment On

YouTube - Shania Twain - From This Moment On

Last edited by Cellie; 02-28-2009 at 04:58 PM..

Old 03-01-2009, 10:03 AM

:: sees such beauty afar... real demands 2-3 days... Rides along the ridge with Sunshine... stops... heart sings in these lands... ... eyes waters... turns mare 'round... clicks tongue... gallops back... ... heart echoes... ::

Tennessee Ernie Ford - Shenandoah

YouTube - Tennessee Ernie Ford - Shenandoah

Hayley Westenra - Shenandoah - (ignore video, lovely audio)

YouTube - Hayley Westenra, Shenandoah

Il Divo & Barbra Streisand - Somewhere [Live]

YouTube - Il Divo & Barbra Streisand - Somewhere [Live]

The Ten Tenors - Bohemian Rhapsody

YouTube - The Ten Tenors - Bohemian Rhapsody

Relaxation Meditation (Sunset Over the Ocean)

YouTube - Relaxation Meditation (Sunset Over the Ocean)

il divo - without you (ORIGINAL FROM SIEMPRE)

YouTube - il divo - without you (ORIGINAL FROM SIEMPRE)

IL DIVO -- "Si tu me amas"

YouTube - IL DIVO "Si tu me amas"

Old 03-01-2009, 10:26 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Since ain't feeling worth a durn [thanks to stomach virus], to help spirits, nothin' like a little Floyd to calm a soul...

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Brain Damage/Eclipse

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Time

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Goodbye Blue Sky
That's a bummer having a virus ShadowCaver and hope you got to feeling better. I'd like to reccomend this song to help fight your virus .

YouTube - Huey Lewis and The News - I Want A New Drug

Old 03-01-2009, 06:54 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,237,341 times
Another dang snowstorm on the way

I refuse to let it get to me.

Summer In The City~Lovin' Spoonful -

YouTube - Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City

We Built This City

YouTube - We Built This City

Beach Boys California Girls

YouTube - Beach Boys California Girls

Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 PM

3,198 posts, read 13,105,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
:: sees such beauty afar... real demands 2-3 days... Rides along the ridge with Sunshine... stops... heart sings in these lands... ... eyes waters... turns mare 'round... clicks tongue... gallops back... ... heart echoes... ::

Hayley Westenra - Shenandoah - (ignore video, lovely audio)

YouTube - Hayley Westenra, Shenandoah

Il Divo & Barbra Streisand - Somewhere [Live]

YouTube - Il Divo & Barbra Streisand - Somewhere [Live]

The Ten Tenors - Bohemian Rhapsody

YouTube - The Ten Tenors - Bohemian Rhapsody

Relaxation Meditation (Sunset Over the Ocean)

YouTube - Relaxation Meditation (Sunset Over the Ocean)

il divo - without you (ORIGINAL FROM SIEMPRE)

YouTube - il divo - without you (ORIGINAL FROM SIEMPRE)

IL DIVO -- "Si tu me amas"

YouTube - IL DIVO "Si tu me amas"

:: grabs legs of bird firmly ::: dunks in steaming pot of water ::: dunks again:::
counts silently to ten ::: pulls bird out of water :: wet feathers :: plops onto counter ::
: pulls feathers out :: stripping to skin:: plucking:: plucking :: feathers pile up as bird frame is revealed :::

Dan Reeder - Cowboy Song

YouTube - Dan Reeder - Cowboy Song

::looking up:: ah Cellie! :: exclaims with a smile:: Come on in....making a healing soup for ShadowCaver :::

::wipes hands on cloth:: straightens apron :: takes her tiny soft hands and gives them a welcoming squeeze :: does Thee want to be a helper?

:: at her nod:: wraps aqua cloth all round her:: pulls the ties away into a bow:: saying, Will Thee please chop this parsely into tiny bits,
Thee might use that cutting board over there...:: points to a wooden block::

::works on completing the plucking:: considers and takes up favorite knife to cut chicken into chunks::

Humming a song.....
Ken Curtis - "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" Festus Country

YouTube - Ken Curtis "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" Festus Country

:::tossing chicken chunks into olive oil in fry pan::
quickly dices sweet onions and adds to stir fry:::

::sizzling sounds:: fragrance steams up :: onions glazing golden...
bubble near the now tender chunks of meat::

::looks up as a beam of sun flashes through the pots lined on the porch ::
ah! wipes forhead with back of the hand:: wisping hair back:::
oh my gosh...this soup needs a million drops of this healing bulb ....have nearly fogotten!

:: dashes out the screen door:: reaches up and unties a braid of garlic::
:::tugs cloves from braid and smashes with back of knife...scrapes and tosses in the bubbling pan :::

steps back into the kitchen now humming... parsley... sage... rosemary ....and.... thyme....mmm...did Thee know tis a song for peace Cellie dear... this one sang it for years without noticing the words...

Amazing Rhythm Aces - The End Is Not in Sight - 1976

YouTube - The End Is Not in Sight (The Cowboy Tune)

as Cellie passes the parsley, smiling:: tilts head to take in her sweet being in the bright kitchen::

ah dear Cellie, could Thee chop celery and some of these roots:: handing her the winter roots of minerals...parsnips, sunshine bright carrots:::
and when Thee are finished, dear...just toss them in.... deep smile:::
::twirls round to see if all is used::

::squeezing a lemon into the sputtering oil... adding red sweet peppers... crumbles leaves of sage and rosemary:: scented steam billows::

::standing by the old cast iron sink::washing off potatoes:: peeks out the window and sees MadAtMcCain's sillhouette as he passes over the hill...

sighs with happiness... twas years since this one has seen alive and walking the earth those of the old guard, honor guardsmen of the way...
tis truly special to know a man of such care, wisdom and strength of purpose....

::nods a blessing to the path of the Warrior Healing Man:::

Jo Stafford - Red River Valley

YouTube - Jo Stafford sings Red River Valley

::turns to Cellie:: well, this is the dilemna dear one... do we want to use noodles, potatoes or rice for this soup?
:::tilts head in a quizzical way:: what does Thee think? ::hands point out the bowl of jasmine rice, the newly washed red skinned potatoes and the bag of curly noddles :::

::hops on one foot ... spins Cellie round in a little dance::what tis this one thinking? this is healing soup ... we just need the broth!

::laughing gently at the mistake :: pours well water from silver pitcher into the pot of meat, herbs and vegetables::
adds a dash of vinegar :: explaining... to bring out the calcium::
leans close to Cellie... whispers we nay know if Shadow Caver uses wine...

so for this broth will just use water drawn in the moon light...
::gently adds a partial hand of sea salt :: carefully drops four bright
chile peppers to float on the simmering broth :: murmuring...one for the Heavens, one for the Earth, one for the Healing, one for the Birth....

Gene Autry - Don't fence me in

YouTube - GENE AUTRY-DON'T FENCE ME IN

::leaning over the medley of savory flavors:: nods deeply:: stirs with wooden spoon:::
now dear... Thee can add anything to please... soft eyes... including chants and prayers, dear...they will be good or everyone and especially for those in need of healing sips....

: places lid on big copper bottom pot::
::brings fingers to lips in a silent shushhhh ::: beckons Cellie... reaches out to take her tiny hand
as we tip toe out to the reading room...

heart singing as the soup begins to merge simmer and blend...

Odetta Live in concert 2005, "House of the Rising Sun"

YouTube - Odetta Live in concert 2005, "House of the Rising Sun"

Old 03-03-2009, 04:42 AM

Default Seconds only...

``````````

:: rushes in... kneels on one knee... eyes scan dark skies... hands sure as the set-up is secured... strikes a match and cup hand to wick... lit.. it sputters then gain force... backs away, eyes steady.. hears real .. lingers almost a second to long... turns back quickly... withdraws as a burst of sparks spills.. crackles...

live stream pushes rocket forward... speed of lightning ... deep into darkness... song echoes even before brilliant pulses of colours are seen... from center traveling to edges... circular edges ripple successively... their own spinning worlds following the rise and fall... ebb and swell of song... ::

I want to come over
To hell with the Consequence...
you told Me you loved Me
That's all I believe...

I Want To Come Over
Artist(Band):Melissa Etheridge

YouTube - Melissa Etheridge - I Want To Come Over

Lyrics: MELISSA ETHERIDGE - I WANT TO COME OVER LYRICS

Dominik Büchele - Goodbye My Lover

YouTube - Dominik Büchele - Goodbye My Lover

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music