Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 09:22 AM

158 posts, read 515,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
::...heart leaps into action... not thinking... starts to run... wind roars loud in ears... running faster... grabs an unfamiliar rhythm as knife... travels the speed of sound

Passion

YouTube - passion

Tumhein dillagi bhool --- Sir Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

YouTube - Tumhein dillagi bhool --- Sir Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

~night air hangs heavy... body shifts weight from knees to sitting... eyes fasten on the crest of hill... recalls Sir's fading figure ... memory of father's disapproval ...painful twinges ... brimming eyes spill~

~submerged in sadness, heart's hands pierce its surface... lips part ...beseeching rescue~ ... Sir... Siiirrrr

Passion
YouTube - passion

~barely audible music floats on air ... earth beneath gains movement ... its texture transforms to water... then the softness of flesh ... fingers tenderly stroke grass... now Sir's hair ...... music's volume gradually increases ... fills the atmosphere... earth moans ... echos... emits intense light... swift motion... extends and encompasses all... engulfing all in flame then deep waters... searing emotion... fluttering, light as air... endless miles... burning~

~skin's sheen continues to change... clothing of flesh abandoned ... floats wispily above earth ... blocks twinkling stars... sweet-scented zephyr... like tropical waves .... slide across skin through senses... carries Sir's smell!... retreating seas sweep all thoughts away... replaced by delicious desire... is slammed back hard into body... inner silence vibrates with life... save Sir's voice...

Quote:
"I feel ya girl... slide focus inward... strength is coming to aid... feel Me woman... shall come for ye love!... "
~heart leaps! ...feelings flood senses.. each ragged breath dives self deeper... pulses... sending lighting shivers through veins ... entering pulse ... each ragged breath bursts ... thrills at the thought of His aid... gathers skirt and quickly rises... eyes anxiously look about... desperately searches ... not here!.~

~realization dawns~ ... He is calling from other worlds...

~remembers instructions... calms self ... anguished cry of weakened knees crashes me into sitting... consciousness runs from outer world ... indistinct, fleeting images appear then melt away... vision moves to crystal clarity ... finds self in the middle of a desert filled with golden sands...~

~breeze is Sir's breath.. caressing my skin... blowing gently through my hair.~

Tumhein dillagi bhool --- Sir Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn
YouTube - Tumhein dillagi bhool --- Sir Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

~sun's gaze envelops me... filling my world with His warmth and light... ears catch the strains of His melody ... reaching out... flowing... with the power of a storm's currents~

~limbs tremble in its sweetness ... heart bursts into a thousand brilliant colors of love ... hope... desire ... head swims ... heart pounds as the melody pulses... energy of life and love ... from the beginning~

~the beauty and strength of His song... fills my ears... my soul... sweet intoxication~

~tune evokes spontaneous dance ... desire for union with His rhythm .... outstretched hands move fluidly... feet gracefully lift ... body shifts then twirls 'round and 'round ... dance continues ... heart whispers its hope... to hold fast to His song ... for eternity~

~eyelids gently close... then open... now on a great plain.... ground shakes... thundering hooves ... from a distance sound... wall of vigor... of strength, like a tidal wave rolls over then washes through... sudden awareness... He's coming!...~

~hooting owl brings attention back to this world ...consciousness of present returns... heart and mind gather life's pieces~

~recounts list of Father's disappointment... girl child unbaptized, unmarried... desires worldly male in high political and economic circles... also unbaptized, at his age... in a lifestyle that offers no time for family or community, only business... uninterested in baptism... situation's sum... potential splintering off into liberal religious connections... or the worse possiblity... loss of descendants to the English ... the dreaded shunning... Father's painful perspective pierces heart... tears well and spill~

~recalls Father's very very traditional values... his wisdom ... resolve .... he, too, is a business man...knowledge that there will be a family gathering comes into sharp clarity... to discuss my situation and other options ... suggestions to set my feet on a more traditional path... away from Sir... perhaps go back home ...where the doors would be painted blue to announce my availability!~

~the thought of being without Sir ... a crushing blow... releases the flood gates...sucked into a universe of continual pain... tension fills body.... hands beat breast.... cry goes out... heart sinks never to rise... swallowed by darkness, never to see day again... heart ripped from all love and hope.... walking ghost... torn into a thousand pieces with nothing that can put me back together again ...save His presence and His love~

Holy Spirit, you led me to him... in the world as it is, is there not a need for your touch... through our hands, beyond our isolated communities? to help the country and the world?

~heart sees coming clash ... Sir... Father.... painful contractions~
~breathless and exhausted ... complicates situation~

Holy Spirit, you must intervene... you must help me... i followed your direction... i proclaimed He is the one... for me ... i place this life and soul in your hands, knowing you will see us through...

Sade - Kiss of Life

YouTube - Sade - Kiss of Life

~releases heavy sigh ... head turns .... eyes take in path back to Lady RareWonder's door... feet will soon follow~

~Parents' voice from real~ Manhattan's neighbors will interfere... we are on the way to Rye...

~house sister whispers~ ...ye Man travels there already, finish now! slip computer in tis bag... shall give to driver. Your employer, through neighbor, has been called and will now act as family's driver to Rye. The order from father's call, secretly cancelled. Take heart, sister! We all wish to be witnesses of this tale.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:50 PM

3,198 posts, read 13,105,877 times
[SIZE=4]

from the porch ..watches the deepening night overtake the hills... flash of heart's pain seeing cellie fall to knees ... oh dearest Heaven! protect her!

... takes up woven shawl that had been draped over rocking chair .. recalls last time it was used, i was an old lady telling a tale of woe! how comforting he was as son then... Sir MMC had wrapped me, tucking tired bones into deep rest ... a night of shared understanding ... the tender joy of friendship ...as He wrapped me, me shall wrap she... maybe she will feels His touch..

sees her body half- twisted 'gainst earth and night sky where the fireworks had danced ... her face turned away .. toward the road ... arm outstretched, above head.. palm facing Heaven .. with ribbon draped across... ... eyes unseeing, lips parted, slack... if one passed this way, the scene would simply be of a young girl in sleeping repose.. other hand falls lightly across breast, fingertips against heart...

moves up the path towards her prostrate form .. draws forth a stalk of wild celery and slides into hand cupped over heart... to affirm you, dear ... its significance, private to thee ... use as if a bouquet, rather than flowers...

with quiet tenderness, covers her with the shawl ... whispers softly as if to a babe... ... feel His warmth and protection as i felt it that day of gray ... gently tucks fabric round ...

... opens basket containing the dance of songs gifted from the heart of ye both..
... murmurs this one will honor love's song by listening to them until either returns...

( on 02-15-2009, 07:38 PM, Sir submitted )

Pink Floyd - Breathe in the Air / On The Run

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Breathe in the Air / On The Run

as the music begins... pulls cell phone from pocket (no problem for Quakers)...calls forth to a circle of friends... grandmothers all ... come to watch over, sing the vigil and pray with me for love's victory!

the passage of time brings a familiar clickety - clop of horse drawn buggies...ending with elderly female voices calling identification and seeing my wave of hankie in the moonlight... gathering, each one with basket of threads, yarn, fabrics... joining to sit near the girl at rest ....

Alison Krauss + Yo Yo Ma Slumber my darling

YouTube - Alison Krauss + Yo Yo Ma Slumber my darling

one sends grandson to make a camp fire before leaving... to provide comfortable light for eyes and hands...
soft humming as hands begin to tie and sew... singing low in comfort and care ...

Slow Gypsy (Music video) ♫

YouTube - Slow Gypsy (Music video) ♫

deep wise eyes look to the girl child woman, to the hills, ... the magnificent trees that hallow this land...one soft voice speaks ... as if telling the mind and heart of all the others ...

does not first love involve storms like hot silver - the lightening and storms of care....where grief and pain overtake all thought and feeling... nods and agreement... yes storms ... so fierce it seems the sun is forever gone... ah well does this one recall the deep dark days of heart's pain, loss and fears ...

ah! is not love's way also paved with gold?
murmuring assent ... golden days of heart's expansion ... yes! gold ... golden

a dance between the glory and the despair ... such can be the path of love!
a new voice sounds ... and yet in that very time, hope blooms ... the flowers renew ... the spirit rejoices ... two sides of love reflecting ... smiles shape in memory of kisses exchanged ... ah! ancient gray heads bend in sweet memory ... tasting again love's caress ...

India.Arie - Ready For Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFMC1N3L3

...wise hearts follow the breathing of the resting one... inner voices chant ... rebuild ... renew ... life will soon be calling ... love is bound to win ...

elderly fingers turn, fold, and weave... patterns emerge, borders designed... the quilt takes on life ...

let's tell her .. whispers one ... let's tell her about how love can seem easy and rolling like a gentle surf and then in a instant turn into a raging reef ...

let us tell her that doubts can flow like bubbles in a pan... and that they can be met and melted by heart wishes and promises of vows fulfilled ...

Wildflower - Skylark (With Lyrics)

YouTube - Wildflower - Skylark (With Lyrics)

let's tell her that the sweetest day should be made into a prayer ... like a fascinating gem ... to be studied and dreamed over when needed....

tell her, states the eldest among us ... that she will learn from love every day ...

ah! an alto voice adds... and let her know that big love, life affirming love... love for the whole world carries such a cross and burden ...such love always has the heaviest price. for this is still earth and not Heaven yet.

Bon Jovi - (You Want To) Make A Memory

YouTube - Bon Jovi - (You Want To) Make A Memory: Video - Closed Captioned - Album/Live Audio Version

she will one day remember that we who are love's ladies tended her in this night as she will one day be called to service another ... the tradition of wishes and dreams...

and what of her feelings of chaos? that is part of the dance... time and space, only exist for the growth of love's learning...after learning and only after learning does a soul's love enter timelessness.

May the Holy Spirit guide her. Amen, the circle echoes.

... among the sweet fragrances of the night... the hills's flowers nod and dance in the light breeze... cellie stretches and turns, clasping ribbon closely... and moves more deeply into a restful sleep.

James Brown and Luciano Pavarotti (Original pick was removed)

YouTube - James Brown and Luciano Pavarotti

[/SIZE]

Old 03-08-2009, 11:07 AM

2,051 posts, read 9,335,993 times
Default No Regrets

L.L.Cool J - Mama said knock you out

YouTube - L.L.Cool J - Mama said knock you out

:: Ms. Cellie... indeed struck the Swartzentruber
across the face with riding crop full force for
mouthing an insult to thy honour. Bed Courtship indeed!
Ye suffers acute sensitivities in that regards so
regretful? Never! Tis what the pig meant... ::

Swartzentruber Amish Dating !

YouTube - Swartzentruber Amish Dating !

:: string of obscentities... forcefully brings self
under control... muster all strength grips gloved hands
behind back, exhales long ... tries to begin again but
got to get it out!... ::

Neither of us has insisted on fidelity from the other
during this process and will not, knowing such instances will be respectfully discreet but I'll be DAMNED if I tolerate that sh*^ nay because of ye choice but because of THEIR pressures????? They should have nothing to do with tis at all and they know that! :: sighs for shall try to not speak ill for they obviously love you and are in pain ::

Ice Cube - Wicked

YouTube - Ice Cube - Wicked

, yes and I pray I broke his nose, if not the whole
side of his face. shall pay for all damages of
course... could not tolerate one moment more...
children with that beast would produce imbeciles
staring off in a field, babbling therefiore can
consider Me now worldly, unbaptized AND violent so
everybody can now faint on cue!

I rather thought myself kind to cuff him by the neck,
leaving aire for breathing, whispered (Not deaf him
with shouts) vile threats thru clenched teeth while
dragging him thru the gates, and kicked him into the
street face first, without finding a sewer grate and
stomping him to death or beating him to a bloody pulp
in between flashing gang signs... oh! and I called an
ambulance... The coward on the way to the hospital will
claim a mugging of course... spits in disgust...

Heavy D & The Boyz - Who's The Man

YouTube - Heavy D & The Boyz - Who's The Man

so Your Father can thank Me later for saving you from
that pitless *****
... bah! Now THEY have a choice!
either call the F&^*@*& police or get on with it... one
last bastard to go! ::

Check Yo Self (Ice Cube)

YouTube - Check Yo Self (Ice Cube)

:: pulls Self together... closes eyes... :: Dear girl... just a little longer... next missive will be filled with tenderness// :: Mr. G pulling me away// ::

Rocky Balboa

YouTube - Rocky Balboa

Old 03-08-2009, 09:15 PM

Relaxation Meditation (Sunset Over the Ocean)

YouTube - Relaxation Meditation (Sunset Over the Ocean)

(enter realms in haste... calls bird, secures message tween beak, tell my feathered friend to get it to ye, hand thrusts it upwards... then quickly walks away)

Message Reads:
:: ... a couple skits to stimulate laughter... smile (I
really enjoyed the suitors not looking like their stick figure drawings in A-Date... lol ) ::

A - Date

YouTube - A-DATE

An Amish Man's Prayer

YouTube - An Amish Man's Prayer

:: laughter washes us... now if able... meet Me within
time's beginnings of our human walk... time doesn't
allow Me to guide personally yet thy universal oneness
with the human heart shall allow thee to slip thru any
barrier of artificial limitation created from the age
and circumstances in which we live...

ancestral roots

YouTube - ancestral roots

will experience a sensation of traveling backwards...
do nay fear being of various races and walking in
unknown places... thy own blood the secret passageway
linking us to original humans...

once there, My dear lady thee shall find me... dressed
with black skin and masai garments... come to Me
there... I shall always find a way to ye... or provide
a way for ye to Me, sweet goodness... as long as there
tis no prejudice within us... ye shall see how really
free we truly are thru universal love... use ancestral
roots music... if having trouble then use passion
first... ::

Passion

YouTube - passion

:: soft return to present self... victory tis assured
so claim it heaven's heart... for victory tis
internally claimed first, then externally manifested
and not the other way around... have earned a dawn's
meeting and am ready... the other is drunk with
exhaustion and mental fatigue...

thy Heart on the other hand is steely, strong-willed,
motivated, mentally determined and highly alert...
energy floods again and again... guess Me "Worldly"
training has set Me in good stead... can go up to three
days with no or little sleep so shall see who ends
Victor ::

Neville Brothers - Healing Chant & Theme from Body
Guard
- Alan Silvestri

YouTube - Neville Brothers - Healing Chant and theme from Body Guard - Alan Silvestri

```````````
Infor: (among Amish, a family can have a cell phone for
business, just not in the house... must be at least 500
feet away from main residence. Purpose: nothing is to
separate family, emotionally. Family is always first;
one's availability to family... always first.)

`

Old 03-09-2009, 04:37 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
My feeling right now at 4.30 A.M. and getting ready to head to the gym is i need some movie background music of Bill Conti from the Rocky movies to get me fired up. It kicks in at the third round.

Ah yes i believe the Mr.T vs Rocky ought to do that . (If this doesn't fire ya up.....)

YouTube - CLUBBER LANG (Mr.T) Vs ROCKY - Rematch Fight in High Definition (HD) **WOW**

Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 AM

3,198 posts, read 13,105,877 times
Quote:

:: thy universal oneness with the human heart shall allow thee to slip thru any barrier of artificial limitation created from the age and circumstances in which we live...

ancestral roots

YouTube - ancestral roots

... thy own blood the secret passageway
linking us to original humans...

... as long as there tis no prejudice within us... ye shall see how really
free we truly are thru universal love... use ancestral
roots music... ::

Passion

YouTube - passion

Neville Brothers - Healing Chant & Theme from Body
Guard - Alan Silvestri

YouTube - Neville Brothers - Healing Chant and theme from Body Guard - Alan Silvestri

sits on porch hearing dawn birdsong ... smiles deeply into cup of tea... shakes head in appreciation ..

well well who would have imagined this day becoming such before the sun peeks round ... lifts head and speaks as if directly to Sir MMC : this one has been in prayerful support of love, Sir ... and giving witness to the honor of Thy heart, life and form of love ... this one began day with Thy peaceful penning .. Thy witness to love's deep ancestral roots and
future joy ...

...bows head in deep thought ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
My feeling right now at 4.30 A.M. and getting ready to head to the gym is i need some movie background music of Bill Conti from the Rocky movies to get me fired up. It kicks in at the third round.

Ah yes i believe the Mr.T vs Rocky ought to do that . (If this doesn't fire ya up.....)

YouTube - CLUBBER LANG (Mr.T) Vs ROCKY - Rematch Fight in High Definition (HD) **WOW**

then a bright surprise was given by Mr. 6 Foot 3 ... a joyous reminder of the way true victories are the result of effort and strategy .. well Mr. 6 Foot 3 Sir, Thy offering had this one kicking moccasined foot and punching the air for peace and love! ... softly laughing ... bet that was a sight ... feet thrusting out from long fold of skirt ...

ah! this all reminds me of Dear Husband ... and the wonder of training ..
He always said the ones who have endurance and stamina with will, shall always win rather than those of strength and power alone ...
a Dear Darling ... tis true this day as well ...

...never thought of worldly training in this way .. recalls ages ago of long days and nights of prayer and practice ... but surely tis seen in all human history ...

Mr.6 Foot 3, what sort of things do thee do at the gym? what music does thee listen to while training?
how long have thee been doing such and what has been the benefits?

this one LOVES being a part of this thread! the advantage of strength given to a soul, to read the thoughts of men.

this day shall now be filled with vigor and determination; will imagine being a Rocky of sorts! the dominant emotional feeling right now is like walking through the world as a lioness. majestic, strong, full of purpose, fearless. Thank you menfolk for sharing your life and truth with us.

Last edited by RareWonder; 03-09-2009 at 08:21 AM..

Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Alive...P.O.D.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:24 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareWonder View Post

then a bright surprise was given by Mr. 6 Foot 3 ... a joyous reminder of the way true victories are the result of effort and strategy .. well Mr. 6 Foot 3 Sir, Thy offering had this one kicking moccasined foot and punching the air for peace and love! ... softly laughing ... bet that was a sight ... feet thrusting out from long fold of skirt ...

ah! this all reminds me of Dear Husband ... and the wonder of training ..
He always said the ones who have endurance and stamina with will, shall always win rather than those of strength and power alone ...
a Dear Darling ... tis true this day as well ...

...never thought of worldly training in this way .. recalls ages ago of long days and nights of prayer and practice ... but surely tis seen in all human history ...

Mr.6 Foot 3, what sort of things do thee do at the gym? what music does thee listen to while training?
how long have thee been doing such and what has been the benefits?

this one LOVES being a part of this thread! the advantage of strength given to a soul, to read the thoughts of men.

this day shall now be filled with vigor and determination; will imagine being a Rocky of sorts! the dominant emotional feeling right now is like walking through the world as a lioness. majestic, strong, full of purpose, fearless. Thank you menfolk for sharing your life and truth with us.

LOL.....i think at 4.30 A.M. i should have instead posted Dr. Smith's famous saying on Lost in Space as he so eloquently stated in all his series shows ''oh the pain the pain the pain'' .

Old 03-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareWonder View Post
... lifts head and speaks as if directly to Sir MMC : ... this one began day with Thy peaceful penning .. Thy witness to love's deep ancestral roots and future joy ...

...bows head in deep thought ...

Life and truth.... :: gazes at the lady... rubs stubbled chin while inwardly praying... nods indiscernibly... clears throat and decides to carefully speak ::

Normally I don't do this for a lot of reasons... mainly because a spiritual price is extracted if the asker doesn't articulate the question... but since you have taken care well, of sweet Cellie, shall allow self this one exception...

I sense you asking me a deeper question so shall answer the unspoken question this way... will use music from P.O.D. (Only have time to answer and thank you Oildog for mentioning the group... will use addicted. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
.... Alive...P.O.D. (Am adding the link here -MMC- ) Alive -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOESyEljmFE
Past Separation from the responsibilities of a Greater
Love...
must start with the campaign. (will use bits of the song in italics... and personal thoughts within gesture symbols)

McCain's campaign was intoxicating!

P.O.D. - Addicted

YouTube - P.O.D. - Addicted

intoxicating world... makes you feel so alive...

:: baptism is out to get me... trap me... ::

addicted to all the colours that I see...

:: 100's of blinking screens reporting numbers round
the world... phones ringing... flashing wall street
gang signs... board rooms crowded with arch-angelic
off-spring... world's best mind-thieves... what's
love got to do with it... ::

you would change me... I'm addicted to all the colours
that I see...

:: ... leaders double-speak in sound bites...
international skyscrapers slowly spins...
over-indulgences of dark ideas dressed in garbs of
mathematical complications... snickers well buried in
volumes of ink ::

liars!.... why do I love you when I know you're
wrong...liars!...

:: electrified anchors handed Matrix's dictates... make
them feel in control and alive ::

numb to all of you... thank you for letting us watch
you die...

... :: fingers sings riffs of confessions ... baptism
is out to save me ... resist submitting to another
man's intentions no matter how pure ::

cast a spell and maybe I might forget who I am...

( Ms. Rare... as ye sees... within choices are the
deeper ones ever conflicting toward salvation of
humanity or it's destruction... everyone contributes in
mass from the smallest decision made in daily life...
Everyone...

Stands and bows ... I want to Thank another, so must leave ye now Ms. Rare... May this day continue to fulfill all desires sacred to Goodness and Good-Will... Amen. :: smiles and waves... then leaves... )

P.O.D. - When Angels & Serpents Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxtvQ0UwQsA

`

Old 03-09-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post

:: laughs walking toward 6/3 and shakes his hand... pointing out key moments within the fight, nodding... then adds ::

Thanks 6/3 for the clip! :-)

It was an inspiration to watch. Allowing oneself to be a punching bag first to test the other's strength and weaken them is excellent strategy... especially if your endurance and stamina is superior. Fire Me up it did! LOL

:: Bows, smiles... takes a step back then turns and leaps into the Real ::

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music