Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:32 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,680,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Anything 80'' or early 90's

Ratt ................Out of the Cellar
Blonde..............Best of Blondie
Pet Shop Boys...Discography
Milli Vanilli.........Girl You Know It True
I'm a child of the 80s (born in the early '80s), but I'm still old enough to remember some of that music...and I LOVE it! I had over 500 songs downloaded from Napster, but my computer doesn't have a CD burner and I had to reformat, so I lost everything, which included a lot of '80s music. It brings back memories just thinking about that music!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 12:35 PM

569 posts, read 1,229,438 times
In my truck (6 disc changer):
Black Sabbath
Bob Marley
David Bowie
Led Zepellin
Pink Floyd
Queen

In my Harley (MP3 CD):
Allman Brothers
B.B. King
Eric Clapton
George Thorogood
Grateful Dead
Johnny Cash
Little Feat
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Ray Charles
Stevie Ray Vaughan
The Nighthawks
ZZ Top

Old 03-24-2007, 06:43 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofbess View Post
I'm a child of the 80s (born in the early '80s), but I'm still old enough to remember some of that music...and I LOVE it! I had over 500 songs downloaded from Napster, but my computer doesn't have a CD burner and I had to reformat, so I lost everything, which included a lot of '80s music. It brings back memories just thinking about that music!
Right on Manofbess....Its the MTV generation as thats when all those awsome videos started coming out like ''Photograph'' by Def Leppard or ''Its a mistake'' by Men At Work or ''Hangin on the Telephone'' by Blonde etc..etc.... Love the way the women wore their 80's hair back then like Madonna's Flair or Pat Benatars New Wave cut....

Trivia...what was the first video ever on MTV.......

Old 03-24-2007, 07:15 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,798,843 times
Sorry, I only listen to vinyl.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:29 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,558 times
Right now, that would be the Eagles. Before that, Roy Orbison. And, prior to that, I believe I was listening to Celtic Woman.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:59 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,937,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
Sorry, I only listen to vinyl.
I like quiet car rides too, but when I want tunes, I WANT TUNES!

Um, right now, John Prine "In Spite Of Ourselves"

Rdbeard, can I borrow that Harley? Pretty please?!?

Old 03-24-2007, 10:02 PM

46 posts, read 273,339 times
Default C'mon Harry

Quote:
Anything 80'' or early 90's

Ratt ................Out of the Cellar
Blonde..............Best of Blondie
Pet Shop Boys...Discography
Milli Vanilli.........Girl You Know It True
I love your 1st 3 choices, but Milli Vanilli?! C'mon Harry-you know they were lip synching right? How about replacing it wit the Smith's, Morrissey, New Order, David Bowie, or Duran Duran?!

JK-Now you can make fun of me, my CD is...............................................
THE WIGGLES! My kids love the songs and it's the only thing I can listen too repeatedly without going insane. "Hot Potato," "Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy," "Dorothy the Dinosaur," and "Captain Feathersword," they will all be classics one day!

Alas, in my car I have Grey's Anatomy season 1 & 2. Great indie groups and catchy songs. I also have Howie Day and U2.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:39 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirlInTN View Post
I love your 1st 3 choices, but Milli Vanilli?! C'mon Harry-you know they were lip synching right? How about replacing it wit the Smith's, Morrissey, New Order, David Bowie, or Duran Duran?!
LOL....Yeah especially when they got caught with the record skipping over and over in concert...But i still like a couple of their Lip Singing songs.

I definately like all 4 you picked. How could i forget the earliest of my MTV videos ''Hungry like a wolf'' (thankgod for youtube).

Here's 4 more to add later on like the Thompson Twins, Simple Minds, Howard Jones and Information Society.....

I should have changed my poster name to have ''New Wave or 80's'' in it..lol..

later jerseygirl and keep the 80's ALIVE....

Old 03-25-2007, 05:13 AM

9 posts, read 25,595 times
Two of the most classis progressive rock albums of all time. Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys and Sgt. Peppers from the Beatles.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:52 AM

569 posts, read 1,229,438 times
Quote:
Trivia...what was the first video ever on MTV.......
"Video Killed The Radio Star" - The Buggles

Unfortunately, The Buggles were right on with this one. IMO, the music today is more about the videos on MTV and VH1 as opposed to the music. If the video is "cool" then the song will be popular.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pe9FMoElCoU

Quote:
Originally Posted by square_peg
Rdbeard, can I borrow that Harley? Pretty please?!?
Uh, no. The only people that ride my Harley (as a passenger, mind you) are the lovely ladies. That is if their ass isn't bigger than mine, but hey, I'm a fat ass so it really doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music