Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support the Constitutional Carry Act of 2013
I think this is a good law and should be passed. 3 23.08%
I think it should be passed but should be amended with exceptions - minors, felons, etc. 3 23.08%
I think the current concealed carry laws are adequate and this act should not be passed. 4 30.77%
I think this is a bad law, and SC's gun control laws should be further restricted. 2 15.38%
I think this is a bad law because it does not go far enough. Everyone should be required to carry a gun (The OK Corral amendment) 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 03:17 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,830,524 times

Advertisements

OK, phriends and naybors, it's got way too dull around here. Time for a poll...

State senators were in Myrtle Beach this week to get feedback on the proposed Constitutional Carry Act of 2013, which "would allow anyone to carry a gun – concealed or not – as long as there is no intent to commit a crime." From the Myrtle Beach Sun <News Article> , it sounds like most people present were in favor of passing the bill.

Cast your opinion in the poll regarding this legislation, then feel free to post a reply explaining your view. (BTW, poll votes have been set to "private" so that your username will not be displayed beside how you voted).

Please, no politics!

Last edited by PawleysDude; 03-19-2013 at 04:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,972,302 times
The Representatives were here two weeks ago and all the people attending the meeting was in favor of the Bill.

I am in favor too with the exceptions of minors & felons. But felons will get guns illegally anyway. I sent my State Reps an email last week supporting the Bill.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:14 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,548,409 times
I (we) do not own any guns and never will. I see no personal reason for having a gun and no need or desire to carry one.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:19 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,673 times
OH, PD! You sure could get some of us in trouble on this one ... This conjures up images of the old west on steroids for me If we are going to go back in time, I would much prefer this

over this

Old 03-20-2013, 11:02 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,972,302 times
The bad guys/gals will always have guns but law abiding citizens will follow the laws of the land. Our county has an annual "turn your weapons in" day ... not any street thugs turn in their guns.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
OH, PD! You sure could get some of us in trouble on this one ...
Moi?? Surely not! I made sure it was on-topic for MB, and I'm sure nobody will drag politics into the discussion, will they??

Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaWoman: all the people attending the meeting was in favor of the Bill...
Hey CW. When I read the actual proposed legislation, I don't see anything that prohibits, say, a 14-yr old from packing a sidearm to school for "personal protection." Is the school grounds thing covered in separate legislation elsewhere?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:07 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The bad guys/gals will always have guns but law abiding citizens will follow the laws of the land...
I know I am new here, but don't law abiding citizen already have that right? I don't think having to get a permit to do so, or being required to be educated on how to do so safely, is all that much to ask. I am sure there are some law abiding citizen who aren't necessarily the brightest bulbs in the box that are already walking around with guns, and frankly that doesn't bring me all that much comfort.

I often hear people talk on this subject as if it is the people against the government. If anyone out there is worried that our government is being run by self serving individuals that don't have our best interest at heart, let me suggest that ship has sailed already and we all might have some bigger fishies to fry than not having to ask for permission to carry a gun. Let's face it, if there is some sort of revolution people aren't going to "not" defend themselves because the don't have a permit.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:18 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times
This is to no one in particular, just everyone who chooses to participate in this thread, lol;
Please try and stay off politics as much as possible, please try not to argue and please don't call names. I apologize for adding this but I'd like to keep this thread and I know people have strong opinions. Please be respectful of each other or I'll end up having to delete. Only saying this because, well you know how things go or at least people that have been around awhile know. Thanks!

Old 03-20-2013, 05:32 PM

66 posts, read 184,183 times
If this gets approved I would hope that it will apply to non-residents also. Especially if I (we) are trained and have current CCW permits from our home state.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
This is to no one in particular...
No worries, Rapture. "No one in particular" has turned over a new leaf, I promise!

Update: This bill cleared subcommittee today and has been passed along to the full senate judiciary committee. <Full Story>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area