Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 04:32 PM

28 posts, read 36,908 times

Advertisements

Hey All!

I'll be driving down to the beach this weekend(Sunday-Wednesday) from the Akron Ohio area. I've been down as a kid with my family, but now my parents live in Tampa, FL so... we haven't been back. I'm a big lover for food/good beer. Wondering if y'all locals had any recommendations..

THANK YOU!

Much Love,

Alex R
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 05:57 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Where are you staying and how far are you willing to drive? What kind of food do you want?

Old 05-05-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Where are you staying and how far are you willing to drive? What kind of food do you want?

Just staying at a resort on the beach in Myrtle, driving distance isn't really an issue. Looking for some good seafood!

Old 05-05-2017, 09:15 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Just about any place in Murrells Inlet has great seafood. Also, try Fishmonger's in Surfside Beach and either Mr. Fish or Mrs. Fish in Myrtle - 2 different places.

Here's a link to some really good places:

Learn About the Restaurants and Dining Options and View Menus - MarshWalk - Murrells Inlet, SC

Old 05-05-2017, 09:35 AM

790 posts, read 1,622,232 times
My favorite restaurant for seafood is Hot Fish Club in Murrell's Inlet. It's a little further south of the Marshwalk and is not nearly as congested. Plus the food is great and portions generous. Fishmonger is also very good. On the Marshwalk itself, Drunken Jack's is the best. I would avoid Wahoo's on the Marshwalk...I was not impressed at all with their quality.

A little further north of the Marshwalk is Conch Cafe | Oceanfront Dining in Garden City, SC . They have a nice porch to sit on and enjoy the ocean while eating.

And if you want to go really north to Little River, try Horry's Restaurant. They don't have a web site (old family run restaurant) but here's Trip Advisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Carolina.html

Old 05-05-2017, 09:36 AM

285 posts, read 639,332 times
Liberty Brewery & Grill located at Broadway at the Beach:
Home - Liberty Brewery & Grill

Old 05-05-2017, 11:35 AM

Thank you everybody for the suggestions .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area