Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,145 times

Advertisements

I plan to travel to NMB the week of 9/20 to 9/25. How are the crowds on average during this time? I chose NMB because I prefer a slower pace and don't want to be around a lot of craziness (ie teenagers, wild parties, etc...), did I make the right choice? Also, I hope the beaches will be less crowded. One last thing, how is the weather usually during this time?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 04:24 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Most schools around the country will be in session during your visit. That usually takes a lot of crowd away from tourist areas. Be careful though you may have weekend travelers and it could still be warm enough to swim so it could get crowded a few days.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:34 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,701 times
You will be coming in the height of hurricane season so make sure you can cancel the reservation and not be charged if a storm threatens the coast.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsdabeach View Post
You will be coming in the height of hurricane season so make sure you can cancel the reservation and not be charged if a storm threatens the coast.
That's a good idea. We usually book last minute (which hasn't been a problem yet) so that we don't lose any money. This link shows the temperature of the oceans/seas throughout the world Tropical Weather : Weather Underground and is my guide when vacation time is upon us. There are probably better sites but I like this one. There should be historical data if you wanted to look back.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:47 PM

343 posts, read 726,362 times
This is a great time to come. Crowds will be substantially smaller than summer. Weather should be high 70's, low 80's. Could get a little chilly at night so bring a sweatshirt. NMB is nice. If you're up for a 40 minute ride or so, come see us in Murrells Inlet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area