Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 09:04 AM

110 posts, read 128,881 times

Advertisements

Im just looking to find a nice subdivision to live in since I enjoy Naples. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 11:58 AM

1,622 posts, read 1,705,983 times
From what we have seen here in Naples, you can get bigger lots in some places but you pay more for the lot premium. You can still buy new construction in Stonecreek, you need to see what lots are available. They may require larger homes to be built on the bigger lots (not sure if that's true).

Having more space between houses does not guarantee happiness. We have talked to folks who complain that the neighbor's kids play in the yard space between their houses.

The problem is parents who allow their children to yell and scream when they play and trespass on other people's personal property.

It's the luck of the draw who you get living next to you.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
From what we have seen here in Naples, you can get bigger lots in some places but you pay more for the lot premium. You can still buy new construction in Stonecreek, you need to see what lots are available. They may require larger homes to be built on the bigger lots (not sure if that's true).

Having more space between houses does not guarantee happiness. We have talked to folks who complain that the neighbor's kids play in the yard space between their houses.

The problem is parents who allow their children to yell and scream when they play and trespass on other people's personal property.

It's the luck of the draw who you get living next to you.

You made a lot of sense in that post. It helped me think about some things space wise. Stonecreek is beautiful but the level I would be able to afford would be 45 or 52 wide lots. I have to stay in the 500-550 range. Its possible but probably not for me. Still your point about kids on land makes a lot of sense. I will not be able to pick my neighbors. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:07 AM

214 posts, read 285,887 times
We lived along the Immokalee Rd corridor for 7 years. At La Morada you will be close to schools and essentials for shopping.....and you'll have to deal with incredible traffic on Immokalee Rd. at all times of day. For years, it was considered rare to see traffic backed up heading in/out of the Estates, but no more. Backups at the corner of 951 are the norm, so just be ready. It's not like traffic in a major northern city, to be sure, but it's all the roads can handle. My watchwords for driving around the area are "Long lights, heavy traffic, bad drivers."

As for space between homes....well, it's not likely that this is a priority for your builder. Many new developments are almost close enough to touch your neighbors. Others have very shallow setbacks from the street so that your driveway is a single car length. These 2 factors can give a very crunched feeling! An example would be Esplanade, but you'll notice it in some established developments as well (parts of Saturnia Lakes for example).

I'd URGE you to make a trip down to get the feel of the neighborhoods you're interested in. There's nothing like driving down the street to give you the certainty of "yes" or "no way." You'll be able to visit the developer's other communities, get an idea of those amenities, what you get for your association $, surrounding roads and traffic....and so much more!

Old 08-13-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnc99 View Post
We lived along the Immokalee Rd corridor for 7 years. At La Morada you will be close to schools and essentials for shopping.....and you'll have to deal with incredible traffic on Immokalee Rd. at all times of day. For years, it was considered rare to see traffic backed up heading in/out of the Estates, but no more. Backups at the corner of 951 are the norm, so just be ready. It's not like traffic in a major northern city, to be sure, but it's all the roads can handle. My watchwords for driving around the area are "Long lights, heavy traffic, bad drivers."

As for space between homes....well, it's not likely that this is a priority for your builder. Many new developments are almost close enough to touch your neighbors. Others have very shallow setbacks from the street so that your driveway is a single car length. These 2 factors can give a very crunched feeling! An example would be Esplanade, but you'll notice it in some established developments as well (parts of Saturnia Lakes for example).

I'd URGE you to make a trip down to get the feel of the neighborhoods you're interested in. There's nothing like driving down the street to give you the certainty of "yes" or "no way." You'll be able to visit the developer's other communities, get an idea of those amenities, what you get for your association $, surrounding roads and traffic....and so much more!
I believe you are right. There is nothing like seeing for yourself. I wish I looked at more on my last trip. I will wait to make a decision for now.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:01 AM

6,385 posts, read 4,896,864 times
I personally would not buy a house with neighbors 10 feet away on either side. You have to plant bushes on both sides or make an arrangement with your neighbors to share the cost, so you have modicum of privacy. Your lanai in the back usually lines up with your neighbors so you can hear and see them unless you plant more bushes but you will still be able to hear them. You can also hear any a/c units and pool pumps. New houses are long and narrow. Many new houses are built close to the street so they can pack as many as possible in the development. We bought a resale and love it warts and all.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:22 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
I personally would not buy a house with neighbors 10 feet away on either side. You have to plant bushes on both sides or make an arrangement with your neighbors to share the cost, so you have modicum of privacy. Your lanai in the back usually lines up with your neighbors so you can hear and see them unless you plant more bushes but you will still be able to hear them. You can also hear any a/c units and pool pumps. New houses are long and narrow. Many new houses are built close to the street so they can pack as many as possible in the development. We bought a resale and love it warts and all.
Our closest neighbor's house is 230 feet from my house and I can't see it, or any of the others around me.

It's almost enough!

I can't even imagine living 10 feet from the neighbors.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:47 AM

I visited La Morada for myself. It was very nice but not what I was looking for so I passed on it.

I would enjoy having more space between neighbors but I also want to live in a gated subdivision with a HOA/Maintenance. These things are hard to find in Naples especially with my limited budget. I do wish the houses had longer driveways but I realize I can not have everything I would like so I'm accepting some limitations.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:56 AM

788 posts, read 783,508 times
Your finding the down side of quickly developing area like collier county has been running wide open for 25 years . You might find your looking in the wrong area for what your looking to buy .

Old 08-20-2017, 09:07 AM

790 posts, read 503,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram71 View Post
I visited La Morada for myself. It was very nice but not what I was looking for so I passed on it.

True statement for most. I would enjoy having more space between neighbors but I also want to live in a gated subdivision with a HOA/Maintenance. These things are hard to find in Naples especially with my limited budget. I do wish the houses had longer driveways but I realize I can not have everything I would like so I'm accepting some limitations.
Up north I lived on 2 acres of property. Total privacy and seclusion was most important to me then. I lived in Lely Resort for 3 years on about 1/3 acre and though the lot was not as private I had wonderful neighbors and was very happy there. In case you're not familiar Lely has the demographices of a 55+ community and is located on the corner of Collier and 41. For those reasons we decided to relocate and are building in Stonecreek for many different reasons. In reference to the lot we chose, SC has recently opened all their available tracts so the choices were limitless. We narrowed our final lot decision to 3 all with the orientation we wanted and a lake view which were our non-negotiatiable preferences. Ultimate decision was made on 1) deciding to avoid the cul de sac lot as they attract families with kids 2) choosing a lot on a shorter street with access from both sides to avoid the speed demons 3) finding out who the neighbors are (as much as possible considering most lots are available) and choosing lot next to a retired physician on 1 side. This will be the smallest lot i've ever lived on so to further mitigate noises in the house I chose the impact window option GL offers. You can definitely afford SC on your budget.

Oh yeah, the lot on my other side is still available
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples