Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 07:26 AM

44 posts, read 74,267 times

Advertisements

We are shopping for a house in Naples. We plan on having an inspection. We want to find a very knowledgeable and thorough inspector. When we sold our home a few years ago the inspector the buyers hired had a reputation of being very picky. He made realtors nervous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2021, 07:27 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,487,156 times
find a retired homebuilder,I did

Old 12-29-2021, 08:50 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,217,132 times
Ron (239) 370-0056. Great guy did all my 4 deals back in 2020 when I was a buyer’s agent. Great. Definitely wouldn’t make anyone nervous, nice guy, but on the money.

That’s all I got the say.

Old 12-29-2021, 09:56 AM

30 posts, read 35,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty View Post
We are shopping for a house in Naples. We plan on having an inspection. We want to find a very knowledgeable and thorough inspector. When we sold our home a few years ago the inspector the buyers hired had a reputation of being very picky. He made realtors nervous
Patriot home inspections did a great job for me a few months ago. Incredibly thorough.

Just a heads up though in case you don't know already- the housing market in Naples is insane right now and you should set your expectations such that the inspection report is simply to tell you if there is MAJOR issues with the house. (Foundation, structural, etc)

The days of "the seller needs to fix the door handle or carpet or the deal is off" are over. Any decent property will be sold within hours or days of listings, all with multiple bids well over asking price at a cash offer and no contingencies.

If you think the housing prices are inflated now and believe they will fall in the coming years, it might not be a bad idea to "wait out the storm" as they say.

Old 12-29-2021, 11:47 AM

Thank you all. The market is crazy. I really want an inspection to make sure the house is not a total money pit. I don’t care about the small stuff.

Old 12-29-2021, 11:50 AM

It’s hard to decide if we should wait to buy. Sure. Prices could come down or they might continue to rise, although probably not as much as they have recently. I have been watching some houses that I felt were overpriced and most of them have had to lower their price. Guess the buyer can’t resist looking for someone who will overpay but that’s not us. Time will tell I guess. Thanks again.

Old 12-29-2021, 12:25 PM

30 posts, read 35,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty View Post
It’s hard to decide if we should wait to buy. Sure. Prices could come down or they might continue to rise, although probably not as much as they have recently. I have been watching some houses that I felt were overpriced and most of them have had to lower their price. Guess the buyer can’t resist looking for someone who will overpay but that’s not us. Time will tell I guess. Thanks again.
Yeah I hear you. All the pricing models are showing an increase 5 to 15% or more for 2022, but who knows what will happen. I think the best you can do is set your budget of what you want to pay, keep an eye out for houses that meet your needs, and be aggressive and fast with the offer when you find the right one.

We had to pull the trigger as it was a now-or-never situation with the kids school. And no way are we staying in the frozen nightmare of Iowa another year. No amount of money is worth that .

Good luck with your search!

Old 12-29-2021, 02:07 PM

45 posts, read 37,751 times
I recommend Dave Fetty at Florida Home Inspection & Property Services, 239-339-7380. He and his helper spent nearly 8 hours on his inspection of a new build and then issued a detailed, 100+ page report that included pictures of all identified issues. His report was indispensable in dealing with the builder's warranty department. Homebuilders cringe when they see he is involved. My recollection is that Pulte sued him.

Old 12-29-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_c View Post
Yeah I hear you. All the pricing models are showing an increase 5 to 15% or more for 2022, but who knows what will happen. I think the best you can do is set your budget of what you want to pay, keep an eye out for houses that meet your needs, and be aggressive and fast with the offer when you find the right one.

We had to pull the trigger as it was a now-or-never situation with the kids school. And no way are we staying in the frozen nightmare of Iowa another year. No amount of money is worth that .

Good luck with your search!

Thank you. That’s exactly how I feel about Michigan. We got out first snowstorm yesterday. I am done, done, done.

Old 12-29-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationNaples View Post
I recommend Dave Fetty at Florida Home Inspection & Property Services, 239-339-7380. He and his helper spent nearly 8 hours on his inspection of a new build and then issued a detailed, 100+ page report that included pictures of all identified issues. His report was indispensable in dealing with the builder's warranty department. Homebuilders cringe when they see he is involved. My recollection is that Pulte sued him.
Thank you. That sounds like the kind of guy I am looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: