Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 01:26 PM

108 posts, read 317,914 times

Advertisements

Yeah, right^ at 50$ hr going rate (studio), I'd better be gettin hot on that one...what's your exp. w/ studio rates? I've had such a range, from 500$ a day or 500$ a song, to 50-100$+ hr.... etc...I could do a real nice home studio, but couldn't charge the same as those pro studios w/ $100k's worth of gear...what' do you charge per 'gig' for PA/lighting? (some of the better places around here already have PA's and lighting...though it depends where you are...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 02:05 PM

107 posts, read 180,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
I to am a musician, Besides my normal 7 days a week job, and playing in a band, I also use my PA and lights to do sound for other bands as well as other events and clubs, When I move down to Florida, I will bring my PA and do just that! Also maybe you can record and set up a studio, record bands and singers. Mr Cool
What do you play? I play drums some and have a PA as well. Ready to rock SWFL with some jazz, blues, southern or classic rock?!

Old 10-13-2009, 03:31 PM

455 posts, read 979,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
well from another post, some were saying there is nothing to do for kids. Lee county has 80,000 students enrolled. Teenagers especially have always been somewhat recession proof, and if they are enrolled they are year round residents and not a susceptable to "season". If you could come up with something that is safe, parent approved , and offers value there may be something there. In my younger band days we used to play at this place on salisbury beach that was an all ages club served pizza, cokes, chips, fries. It had video games, air hockey, etc. Kids paid a cover charge to get in. hours were not too late, I think it closed by 10pm. We were regularly playing to crowds of 800 teenagers, and they were actually fun to play to.
This is a really good, very needed idea. I recall in the past though, these type of "Teen Clubs" in Tampa always seemed to run into problems. Obviously, no alcohol would be served but kids would be bringing in or be under the influence of Ecstasy or Weed. They would end up getting into fights. Cops were constantly being called or had to be hired (at overtime rate, mind you) to work details at the club. It's such a good idea but the "Little Darlings" always found some way to screw it up.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:46 PM

^ ya, I remember back when there was a club (forget the name...hmm dang) biggest one in town, got shut down b/c of a gun fight/ gun shot. Some metal club with all that angry screaming metal dancing going on its a wonder why there'd be violence, and add drugs...it's not good.

Last edited by 167878; 10-14-2009 at 07:03 PM..

Old 10-16-2009, 08:12 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 167878 View Post
Yeah, right^ at 50$ hr going rate (studio), I'd better be gettin hot on that one...what's your exp. w/ studio rates? I've had such a range, from 500$ a day or 500$ a song, to 50-100$+ hr.... etc...I could do a real nice home studio, but couldn't charge the same as those pro studios w/ $100k's worth of gear...what' do you charge per 'gig' for PA/lighting? (some of the better places around here already have PA's and lighting...though it depends where you are...)
I play guitar and bass, mostly bass these days as good bass players are harder to find.

As far as what I charge to do sound, well that's hard to say, It depends on a lot of things, how far away is the gig? do I need a hotel room? how big of a PA do they need? what about lights and how many of them? how many monitor mixes they need. Who is paying me? A lot of things go into my price.

The lowest price is for less than 25 miles from my house, two subs and tops, one monitor mix, 16 or 24 Channel mixer, would be about $150.
Add lights (par 56's front and back, any programed lights), drum riser, fog, bigger mixer, more monitor mixes, wireless mics.....It will cost you more.

I use all JBL SRX speakers and monitors, QSC power amps, 16, 24 and 32 channel Mackie mixers, all Shure mics 58's &57's, Bata wirlesses, and a full rack of FX, EQ's compressers and a too much other stuff to mention. It all fits in to a 14 foot trailer.

Mrs.Cool is very good behind the mixer and is my partner in crime

As far as studio costs, the last CD I did cost us $1000 for 9 or 10 songs, you can hear that CD at www.olddogsnewtrick.com Click on "Music" Although I am no longer with that band (I got an offer I couldn't refuse) I am on bass on all the tracks.

It was recorded in some guys basement on his computer and I think he used Pro Tools software. It don't take $$$$$$$ to get a good recording anymore, the digital gear has gotten so good and can be picked up on Ebay for pennies on the dollar, but you need to know what you are doing and have a good ear, there can be a lot of work for someone that does good recordings and don't charge an arm and a leg!

Movetoflorida......We need to jam Mr. Cool

Old 10-16-2009, 04:23 PM

yesss technology nowadays is wonderful wonderful wonderful.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I am from NY too, but old enough to remember milk in glass bottles which could be delivered right to your door. Yes, even in NYC (Manhattan).
Butterfat is removed to varying degrees in all milk, there's a standard. 2% is just that, 2% butterfat, whole milk, 3.5%, skim, .5%.
Difference in flavors can come from a variety of reasons. The butterfat can be one of the reasons, because when milk starts to "turn", that's what goes first, the fat. But also what the cow ate, how long the milk was held, the container it's in, the list goes on.
Don't bother arguing with me, I'm from Wisconsin. Grew up on a dairy farm. My husband is in the animal husbandry business. I have a Dairy Science degree from UW-Madison. I know my milk.

mrs.cool

Old 10-17-2009, 08:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Mrs.Cool is very good behind the mixer and is my partner in crime
That's sweet. It sounds like the Cools are very cool!

Old 10-18-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That's sweet. It sounds like the Cools are very cool!
Thanks!! We try!! Hence the name!!

Old 10-18-2009, 05:27 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Default That milk in bottles

Quote:
Butterfat is removed to varying degrees in all milk, there's a standard. 2% is just that, 2% butterfat, whole milk, 3.5%, skim, .5%.
Difference in flavors can come from a variety of reasons. The butterfat can be one of the reasons, because when milk starts to "turn", that's what goes first, the fat. But also what the cow ate, how long the milk was held, the container it's in, the list goes on.
Don't bother arguing with me, I'm from Wisconsin. Grew up on a dairy farm. My husband is in the animal husbandry business. I have a Dairy Science degree from UW-Madison. I know my milk.

mrs.cool
back in the 50s had little cardboard tops. The cream used to rise to the top for about an inch for a quart. I can remember as a kid taking a spoon and eating the cream off the top. This was in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples