Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:43 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,547,614 times

Advertisements

Since this is a new sub-forum (even though the appropriate old threads were moved here) I though that maybe introductions might be in order.

I am Ted Mozer, my wife is Anne Marie and our black Pug is Otis. We have a home in Ocean County NJ which we hope to sell soon (to our son and his wife), a townhouse in Murrells Inlet, SC which we purchased in July and we are closing on a condo in N. Naples in a little over a week (Lakeview). Besides our son we have two daughters who live in Maryland, Silver Springs and Salisbury.

I retired from the State of NJ in July. I was a Forensic Scientist for 38 years. Anne was a paralegal for many years but stopped working a couple years back.

We will probably spent most of our time in SC, but head for FL when the SC weather turns cooler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 10:01 PM

622 posts, read 1,666,265 times
Awesome! Naples has its own sub-forum now!! My name is Alicia, I'm 29 years old and I grew up in Naples. I lived there from 1987 to 1999.. After that, I attended FAU over in Boca Raton til 2003, and my parents lived in Fort Myers Beach until 2006. After my dad passed away, my mom headed north to be closer to my sister and her kids, while my S/O and I relocated (for a year) to Asheville, NC. We have just recently relocated BACK to FL.. (JAX) and we're LOVING IT!!!! However, I will always love Naples.. such a pleasant place in SW FL!

Old 02-23-2010, 11:46 PM

592 posts, read 1,814,854 times
Nice idea to introduce ourselves .....and thank you, administrator, for giving us our VERY OWN forum!!!

We're from Long Island, New York and began snow birding here in 2001. We moved here full time in 2005, but I wound up getting a small place back in gritty old NY for summers because I miss my kids, grandkids, friends and LI itself. Snow birding is the best of all worlds for me, but that's just a personal thing. My husband would never leave Naples, even for a day if he could help it, and I sure do like the weather here in the winter!!

I look forward to others introducing themselves and now maybe we can start some positive threads about Naples to offset all the complaining ones!

Old 02-25-2010, 08:22 AM

208 posts, read 612,621 times
Hi! So glad we got our own forum, now...we need to do some posting!

My husband and I are from Pennsylvania. We lived there, most of our lives. We have 4 daughters, 2 still live at home.
We moved to GGE the 1st week of August 2009. I think we picked the hottest day to move. I lost weight in sweat that day.

My parents lived in GGE for a long time. I would stay with them for extended periods and fell in love with the place. My dad was killed in a motorcycle accident on Shirley Street in 2002. Mom moved to Pa. I missed my stays in Florida with them. My Dh and I said, "one day, when we can, we will move to GGE". Well that opportunity came this past summer. With the housing price crash, we are able to live here comfortably.

We love it so far. Just wish the weather was warmer. I have felt so cold this winter. I also do not like the pollen. My allergies are worse than ever. I never had this problem when I came before. Everything else though, is exactly like we imagined. Loving life...

Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,547,614 times
I'm sorry..... GGE??

Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 PM

208 posts, read 612,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I'm sorry..... GGE??
GGE stands for, Golden Gate Estates. Part of Naples, just outside the city.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:33 AM

622 posts, read 1,666,265 times
Kristin, hugs to you after reading about your dad!! My dad loved to ride as well, but I lost him to cancer 2 1/2 years ago..

So glad youre back where you want to be. That's so awesome!! congrats.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 PM

4 posts, read 10,037 times
Default Moving

Hi Everyone,

I currently live up north in PA and looking to relocate to SW FL. Naples specifically. I have 3 children, 13, 11, 6 and a wife. We are all SICK of the cold here amongst others things which I wont get into. We vacation in Marco Island for the last 6 years hence our love for the area (Naples). Could anyone please help me as I am SICK over making a mistake as to where to move. Please keep in mind we have only vacationed to this point. So I do not have any REAL knowledge of the area. Our priorities are school district, neighborhood. As for employment, I am currently looking into purchasing a business in Naples. Please be very honest. HOPING YOU CAN HELP.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:02 AM

59 posts, read 218,328 times
Hello,
I am in a similar situation as Heatcraver. I live in NY where we just got over 2 ft. of wet snow. We lost power and did not have phone or cable for 5 days. I have vacationed in Naples for several years and two weeks ago went there to see if we could live there. My kids are 17, 15 and 12. Schools and neighboorhoods are very important. We looked at several houses in the Barron district but did not fall in love. We also looked at a few houses in the Naples school district and liked them more. We took several visits to both HS's and took a tour of Naples HS. First impressions of the HS's appear to be good. As for neighboorhoods, the upscale ones appear to be more stuffy. We are looking in the 400k to 500k range anyway. Any honest opinions on schools and neighboorhood would be greatly appreaciated.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:56 AM

8 posts, read 51,403 times
Finally after a year of looking we are ready to close on a condo in N. Naples (St. Croix at Pelican Marsh). The price was great and the complex is very well kept and in a good location. We plan on renting it for several years and then retiring there from NH. If that doesn't work out we are hoping the prices go up in a few years and we can make some money on it. Does anyone have any advice on that complex...we still have time to get out lol. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples