Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:18 PM

334 posts, read 1,282,791 times

Advertisements

For homeowners with security systems...

Please post your pros and cons, along with experience with sales, service and installation on security systems around the Nashville area. Also, if possible please list how much it actually cost you to have it installed and what your monthly fees run?

I am looking into a new security sytem and would like to hear honest opinions from consumers, not sales people.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 08:02 PM

10 posts, read 45,011 times
We use NCA (National Certified Alarms). I am very happy with them...the response time (on the few false alarms we have had) has been under a minute.

We paid 199.00 for the install I believe...then got 3 months of monitoring free. Now its 9.99 a month with no contract!

Everyone I know who uses them is happy with them as well! You just can’t beat their rates and I LOVE having no contract!

Old 05-28-2008, 08:24 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,630,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysmomma View Post
We use NCA (National Certified Alarms). I am very happy with them...the response time (on the few false alarms we have had) has been under a minute.

We paid 199.00 for the install I believe...then got 3 months of monitoring free. Now its 9.99 a month with no contract!

Everyone I know who uses them is happy with them as well! You just can’t beat their rates and I LOVE having no contract!
We paid "zero" for Brinks installation and pay $26 per month. Brinks has been flawless in all respects. The response time is incredible and the quality of the system components is top notch. They have a well-earned excellent reputation. We did have a 1 year contract.

On the flip side, we had a horrible experience with SDS. From day #1 there were problems. We learned our lesson the hard way with them!

I hear good things about ADT as well, but have no personal experience with them.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:06 AM

957 posts, read 3,700,510 times
I had a monitored alarm system in my house in NH and got robbed twice,then I got a dog. He is a 180lb Saint Bernard,very friendly and a house dog. He barks and puts on a big act when someone comes in the house. I was never robbed after that. If someone wants in bad enough they WILL get past the alarm or just do a quick smash and grab with alarm going, but no one will try going past a 180lb growling dog.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:34 PM

933 posts, read 2,743,079 times
I have SDS Securty Systems - It's locally owned (based out of Brentwood) and have nothing but good things to say about them. Never had a real break-in but on the few false alarms I have always received a prompt friendly phone call (as has my fiance). There was that one unfortunate incident also where I decided to pan blacken some chicken and forgot to cover the smoke alarm. The fire Dept apt was there within 4 or 5 minutes (they are pretty close though). I pay about $30 a month on a 3 year contract with no installation fee. If I move I can take the remainder of the contract to the new house (but will be charged a new installation fee - how much, not sure). Also, if Isell the house I can try to "sell" the remainder of the contract to the new buyer to avoid a payout.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:35 PM

Oh yeah - might need this -

Superior Detection Systems (SDS)- Monitored Alarm Systems, Burglar Alarms Systems, Home Security Monitoring for Nashville, Tn., and the surrounding areas

Old 05-29-2008, 01:38 PM

Just read Steve_TN comment...respect his opinion but I haven't had any problems at all with them...I also lived with someone in Hermitage for a bit who had the SDS and he didn't have any issues either.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:42 PM

Unfortunately, my experience with SDS was the complete opposite from yours. I will NEVER do business with that company again......unless, that is, I want to be jolted out of my sleep at 2AM on various occasions by a screaming siren false alarm for which they could not find a reason for but always managed to charge me the service call fee for! GRR!!

Old 06-03-2008, 09:13 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,031,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNNative View Post
For homeowners with security systems...

Please post your pros and cons, along with experience with sales, service and installation on security systems around the Nashville area. Also, if possible please list how much it actually cost you to have it installed and what your monthly fees run?

I am looking into a new security sytem and would like to hear honest opinions from consumers, not sales people.

Thanks!
Smith & Wesson.

No monthly fees, and your house is guaranteed to be the last one the a-hole breaks into.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Smith & Wesson.

No monthly fees, and your house is guaranteed to be the last one the a-hole breaks into.

Note to self: Don't rob Pimpy's house....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: