Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 01:49 PM

17 posts, read 20,171 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of trying to find a place in Nashville to stay for the duration of my internship. The internship will probably only be 3-4 months, so I'm looking for a short lease, at least to start with...

Also, I was looking to find a furnished apartment. When I did searches for those two things, I found a few place, but then when I actually talked to them, they didn't offer anything less than a 6-month lease, and there were no furnished units - false advertising at its best!

Does anyone know of any short-term and/or furnished places? Or any other advice, such as what areas are good?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 01:51 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,356,597 times
Where is your internship? Will you have a car?

Old 07-17-2013, 02:05 PM

Yes I'll have a car. The internship is downtown, so ideally I'l like to stay in the downtown area...

Old 07-17-2013, 02:24 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,088,451 times
Apartment occupancy is very high right now with average rental rates of at least $1000 a month. So I can kind of understand that they'd rather have $12,000 for a year than $4,000 (or more) for a few months - easier to rent to one person than 3 different ones.

What is your budget? Can the company you intern for help?

I'd probably try to find a deal with someone who has an airbnb.com listing OR call some of the long term hotels in the Brentwood area and see if they'll cut you a monthly deal. It's not downtown but not too bad of a drive - 10 to 20 minutes depending on traffic. It's the Old Hickory exit off of I-65. Lots of long term stay hotels - safe, lots of restaurants, fast food, grocery stores, etc.

Also, will your company pay for your parking? It can be pretty pricey if it's right in the middle of downtown.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:40 PM

The place I'm interning actually has their own lot - it's on the SW side of downtown, so it's not right in the thick of it! But I'm also tentatively going to be having a job that requires me to cover events downtown and such, so being able to walk to those would be really nice!!

I'm looking to stay under $1500 as far as rent goes. And the place I'm interning for doesn't help with housing, unfortunately.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:37 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,088,451 times
This is going to sound a little . . . crazy . . . but they start filming the ABC show "Nashville" this month and my guess is that any short term rental apartments might be taken up by cast and crew. Meaning a lot of competition. Your budget is great, just don't think there's much out there to begin with. My guess is if you call one of the hotels in Brentwood, they might be able to do something in that price range. Some have full kitchens.

Try one of these - all in Brentwood.

Candlewood Suites Nashville/Brentwood
Brentwood Suites Hotel
MainStay Suites Brentwood
Extended Stay America Brentwood
Baymont Inn and Suites
Homewood Suites

I don't think there are any long stay hotels downtown. GREAT that they have their own parking lot. It can be $20 a day, sometimes more!

PS. Just sent you a PM . . .

Old 07-17-2013, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,113 times
I had a friend that lived in the grove at richland for a month while she took a maymester class at Vandy. It was fully furnished, but I do believe it cost her about $3,000 for that month.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM

374 posts, read 693,205 times
Did you try searching for sublets? Saw quite a few on Craigslist. Maybe also try Sublet.com and I think there are some apartment swap sites as well.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:09 PM

9 posts, read 8,667 times
Hi everyone,
good information that you had given, I would need them. Thank you
I'm looking for a paid internship for February 2014. I live and study (MBA) in Paris, France, and I plan to move in US during my internship.I sent lot of applications but no positive answer yet even if It's still early.
Can you please advise me to keep seeking correctly?

Sincerely
Gy

Old 08-01-2013, 05:18 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,740,532 times
check the EN list-serv. They do go fast tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville