Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 10:55 AM

4 posts, read 3,993 times

Advertisements

I feel like there are a lot of threads and posts from the buyer’s perspective/experience, but I’m wondering what the home selling experience has been like for folks in Nashville.

Obviously there’s an inventory shortage and the market is crazy, but what has your personal experience been?

Don’t have a ton of exact questions in mind, more just general curiosity. Figure could be helpful for other folks looking to sell or buy.

A few questions to get the ball rolling though:

-Did you get multiple offers and if so, how far above (or perhaps below I suppose) did the final sale price land?
-How did the final sale price compare to the “estimates” provided by sites like Zillow, Redfin, etc?
-Did you find that your realtor overestimated, underestimated, or was about right at the final sales price?
-How much work did you do prior to listing, agree to as part of contract, or provide $ to buyer to complete the sale?

Looking forward to hearing from recent sellers and questions from potential buyers or people just interested in learning more about the current state of the market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 12:19 PM

194 posts, read 190,752 times
This is an interesting thread. I would consider myself a potential future buyer. I heard recently that if you're a buyer and not paying cash, then you should forget about buying a home. Apparently, from what I heard (and without independent verification) quick-close cash buyers are scooping up all of the inventory, leaving ”mortgage-funded peasants” (relax, it's a joke) in the dust.

Old 03-15-2021, 05:54 PM

206 posts, read 184,970 times
How can people afford 500 k plus in cash?

Old 03-15-2021, 06:02 PM

194 posts, read 190,752 times
Some people could probably buy a million dollar home and not even notice a difference in their finances. That's definitely not me. Others borrow from relatives to avoid mortgage financing with a bank. That's not me either.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:42 PM

902 posts, read 808,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant99 View Post
Some people could probably buy a million dollar home and not even notice a difference in their finances. That's definitely not me. Others borrow from relatives to avoid mortgage financing with a bank. That's not me either.
We sold a home (down in FL) years back for $225k after buying it three years prior for $85k. The market had taken off and our buyer was a businessman from Trinidad that bought up 23 homes in the surrounding area, all for asking price, cash deals and quick closings.

He was looking to move his entire family (immediate and extended family members) to the states as they were getting death threats and threats of kidnappings back in Trinidad as he was known as being wealthy and affluent there.

He set each family up with their own house (from $200k - $500k) and two cars each ranging from 7 series BMW’s, Range Rovers and such then bought a few of them some local businesses too.

Think he spent somewhere near $23 million after it was all said and done, and all in cash, but he was also a reported multi billionaire (and TBH some of the nicest people we have ever met.)

We remained good friends after the sale of our home and used to attend their parties as we had bought another home nearby. The family would throw lavish parties and give out bottles of Dom Perignon to every person who attended, with one to take for the road if you wanted.

They came to love our family and said if we ever “had issues” with anyone, anywhere just let them know and “their people” would be there to handle it. Pretty sure I knew what they were implying, but were still really cool people to get to know.

Was crazy the amount of cash they had, but you wouldn’t know it by talking with the father. He spent tens of millions of dollars like we’d spend a thousand or two.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 03-15-2021 at 10:11 PM..

Old 03-16-2021, 09:09 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,723,343 times
I haven't sold, but friends who are realtors say that in some neighborhoods, things are selling in a week or less (urban core).

In the past few months, I have been gettting calls all the time from people wanting to buy. I give them some crazy number (cash only) and that seems to get rid of them.

I note that in the last few weeks, some smaller companies or individuals (or as one calls himself, Real Estate Entrepreneur) have started back up on projects that were put on the shelf last year.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:27 PM

206 posts, read 184,970 times
You guys are right but working class wont be able to do cash deals i guess

Old 03-17-2021, 12:15 PM

359 posts, read 320,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian2021 View Post
How can people afford 500 k plus in cash?
I can only assume they sell their current home, take that $$ to cash buy a new home.

Many people in CA now selling their 800K home and moving to other parts of the country and buying a home for $400k cash and banking the other half. Instant nest egg/retirement fund.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville