Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 04:03 PM

13,378 posts, read 40,123,018 times

Advertisements

With more than 20,000 local openings for tech jobs, Nashville is ranked the 9th most "up-and-coming" city in the country for tech jobs according to ZipRecruiter.

Here's the top 10 list:

1. Austin TX
2. Raleigh NC
3. Provo UT
4. Ft. Collins CO
5. Hartford CT
6. Indianapolis IN
7. Boise ID
8. Manchester NH
9. Nashville
10. Eugene OR

Congrats, Nashville techies: You're helping build an 'up and coming' tech scene - Nashville Business Journal

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 04:06 PM

764 posts, read 2,555,378 times
I'm guessing we have lots of openings because companies in Nashville are loathe to pay techies a competitive salary.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:27 PM

838 posts, read 1,215,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
I'm guessing we have lots of openings because companies in Nashville are loathe to pay techies a competitive salary.
That may have been true five years ago, it's not true anymore. There are a ton of 6 figure jobs in the Nashville area for technology roles.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:58 AM

764 posts, read 2,555,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
That may have been true five years ago, it's not true anymore. There are a ton of 6 figure jobs in the Nashville area for technology roles.
It's getting better as companies are starting to realize the impact of losing talent over salaries, but I'm only recently starting to see the turn myself. I think companies new to Nashville are much more willing to pay a high salary than those long established. Govt IT salaries are pathetic!

Old 07-03-2015, 04:38 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,565,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
It's getting better as companies are starting to realize the impact of losing talent over salaries, but I'm only recently starting to see the turn myself. I think companies new to Nashville are much more willing to pay a high salary than those long established. Govt IT salaries are pathetic!
I know someone who was approached about a senior level IT role with the state. The salary was less than 1/3d what he was making in the private sector. No wonder the state's IT systems don't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: