Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 12:50 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,116,154 times

Advertisements

Kayanne! I thought the same thing . . they seem very close together. Just did a Google Maps drive - 3.7 miles apart. Less as the drone flies! I was hoping for Franklin. There's a lot of empty businesses where it would fit in. I guess it's easier for delivery trucks but . . . . If anyone goes anytime soon, I'd love to know if it's about the same size as Green Hills - or bigger/smaller. And how the parking is.

My strategy (since GH has boomed) is to drive up there before 8 and hang out in the parking lot until it opens. And at 8 there have been 12 - 15 other cars there, too.

Going to let things settle a bit before I venture up there - maybe after Halloween. Still, it's great news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 02:36 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,764,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Is it larger than the one in Murfreesboro? I will be going twice a month to Whole Foods in Franklin, so I will stop by the Sprouts. Too bad one of the closet health food stores to me (Turnip Truck) just sucks and is overpriced, in my opinion. But, I do have a Sprouts in Murfreesboro, which is fairly convenient to me.

Modcut: Removed off-topic comment
I've been shopping at the Turnip Truck for years, and I've never had a problem with Customer Service.

You might want to think twice about comparing everything here to Portland. Most people in Nashville don't care what Portland has, and they'll probably encourage you to go back there. j/s

Old 10-17-2019, 03:03 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,857,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
I've been shopping at the Turnip Truck for years, and I've never had a problem with Customer Service.

You might want to think twice about comparing everything here to Portland. Most people in Nashville don't care what Portland has, and they'll probably encourage you to go back there. j/s

I could care less what people in Nashville think.. Being an American, I love to speak my mind and respect my rights and freedoms, sorry if that is offensive to you. Not that 90% of people I meet here are from Nashville anyway. Maybe some people in Nashville just need to get their heads out of their behinds if they get offended if someone complaining about issues they are having at a store. People getting angry and grumpy about critical complaints that could help a store improve its business and save it from losing customers should be embraced and not result in insults and anger against the person. Then again, it's this mentality which is probably why the customer service does suck and why it may never get better.

And, yeah, when you promise to call me back and make me take 5 minutes to fill out a form and write out all my information that is a waste of my time and bad customer service. So, if that upsets you I apologize. Crappy customer service is crappy customer service, especially for a smaller business that is suppose to go the extra mile to compete against the bigger stores. I am considering contacting the health department about the food poisoning I received at the hot bar and the large number of flies sitting around feasting on the food in open containers in their hot bar which would be a health violation in most other places. The one thing you usually pay more for in these smaller stores is better service, but Trader Joes, Sprouts and Whole Foods (the Franklin store, at least) have better customer service than Turnip Truck and that is sad.

One thing I love about Trader Joes is they have literally the best customer service, return policy and respect their customers. Even at the dreadfully busy Trader Joes stores they take time to help you out, will call you back if they promise to do so and are very professional. I'm a loyal TJ customer for life and nobody is telling me to get out of town at TJ's here in Nashville.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 10-17-2019 at 03:28 PM..

Old 10-17-2019, 03:36 PM

9,731 posts, read 9,508,514 times
Quote:
I could care less what people in Nashville think.. Being an American, I love to speak my mind and respect my rights and freedoms, sorry if that is offensive to you. Not that 90% of people I meet here are from Nashville anyway. Maybe some people in Nashville just need to get their heads out of their behinds if they get offended if someone complaining about issues they are having at a store. People getting angry and grumpy about critical complaints that could help a store improve its business and save it from losing customers should be embraced and not result in insults and anger against the person. Then again, it's this mentality which is probably why the customer service does suck and why it may never get better.

And, yeah, when you promise to call me back and make me take 5 minutes to fill out a form and write out all my information that is a waste of my time and bad customer service. So, if that upsets you I apologize. Crappy customer service is crappy customer service, especially for a smaller business that is suppose to go the extra mile to compete against the bigger stores. I am considering contacting the health department about the food poisoning I received at the hot bar and the large number of flies sitting around feasting on the food in open containers in their hot bar which would be a health violation in most other places. The one thing you usually pay more for in these smaller stores is better service, but Trader Joes, Sprouts and Whole Foods (the Franklin store, at least) have better customer service than Turnip Truck and that is sad.

One thing I love about Trader Joes is they have literally the best customer service, return policy and respect their customers. Even at the dreadfully busy Trader Joes stores they take time to help you out, will call you back if they promise to do so and are very professional. I'm a loyal TJ customer for life and nobody is telling me to get out of town at TJ's here in Nashville.
I do enjoy their customer service and unpretentious environment. It is a truly great store to have. I second you on the Turnip Truck...absolutely atrocious....I think a store that would do very well that the Nashville area is missing is Earth Fare. It is a nicer version of now out of business Wild Oats. The closest stores are Huntsville and Chattanooga.

Old 10-17-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
I do enjoy their customer service and unpretentious environment. It is a truly great store to have. I second you on the Turnip Truck...absolutely atrocious....I think a store that would do very well that the Nashville area is missing is Earth Fare. It is a nicer version of now out of business Wild Oats. The closest stores are Huntsville and Chattanooga.
Glad somebody else can understand my feelings on the Turd-up Truck .. Pardon, my cynicism here..

Yeah Earth Fare was a great store and I enjoyed shopping there when I lived in Charlotte. Natural Grocers is my absolute favorite large chain store and have been slowly making their way more East and West from their home base of Colorado.

I was shocked when I came to Nashville and there were no Earth Fare's here. Considering their home base is in Asheville , NC (I believe) , how come they have no locations in Tennessee? Shocking. They had quite a few of them in Florida.

Old 10-17-2019, 04:39 PM

13,378 posts, read 40,130,791 times
Quote:
I was shocked when I came to Nashville and there were no Earth Fare's here. Considering their home base is in Asheville , NC (I believe) , how come they have no locations in Tennessee? Shocking. They had quite a few of them in Florida.
Earth Fare has five locations in Tennessee: one in Johnson City, two in Chattanooga, and two in Knoxville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 10-17-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Earth Fare has five locations in Tennessee: one in Johnson City, two in Chattanooga, and two in Knoxville.

Oh wow.. And why none in Nashville of all places? I would think they would have much more business here.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:37 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,566,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattec View Post
They generally only locate in the densest, high income areas of the city. If there ever is a third TJs, look for it to go in Brentwood/Cool Springs.
Rumor is there is a TJs going in Cool Springs where B&N is.

Years ago I heard that TJs doesn't take on debt to expand and each region funds its growth so once the 2d and 3rd stores take off we should see more rapid growth. That's how it was in Boston. For years it was just the Brookline and Cambridge locations and then a few more and then pretty rapid expansion to the upscale suburbs.

TJs and Aldi are owned by the same family. I don't know if they have a gentlemen's agreement to split the market because Aldi tends to be a in more middle income places compared to TJs.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:55 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,502,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Rumor is there is a TJs going in Cool Springs where B&N is.

Years ago I heard that TJs doesn't take on debt to expand and each region funds its growth so once the 2d and 3rd stores take off we should see more rapid growth. That's how it was in Boston. For years it was just the Brookline and Cambridge locations and then a few more and then pretty rapid expansion to the upscale suburbs.

TJs and Aldi are owned by the same family. I don't know if they have a gentlemen's agreement to split the market because Aldi tends to be a in more middle income places compared to TJs.
They're actually owned by different companies. Aldi USA is owned by Aldi Sud and Trade Joes is owned by Aldi Nord.

Old 10-18-2019, 04:03 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,566,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattec View Post
They're actually owned by different companies. Aldi USA is owned by Aldi Sud and Trade Joes is owned by Aldi Nord.
Different companies, but they are the same family.

I was just reading a daily mail article that said that average home near to TJs is $608k, average home near an Aldi is only $223k.

If TJs expands it will be first to Wilco, then probably toss up between Sumner, Mt Juliet and Murfreesboro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville