Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:13 AM

13 posts, read 30,233 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My wife and I recently moved to Nashville, she is 13 weeks pregnant and we are trying to find a good doctor to start making appointments with and a good hospital to have the baby at. I saw some mention of Williamson Medical Center, it is a little further away as we live on Old Hickory between 70 and 100 so any advice or recommendations would be extremely helpful!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 AM

1,177 posts, read 4,157,255 times
St. Thomas would probably be your closest hospital. Centennial, Baptist, and Vanderbilt would be just a couple of miles from St. Thomas. Any of these hospitals would be good.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 AM

162 posts, read 550,826 times
My wife and I could not have had a better experience than we did at Baptist Hospital. We jokingly refer to it as "Spa Baptist" because our time there was so well managed, and we felt taken care of to that extent.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Which hospital could depend on what doctor you finally chose, and possibly your insurance plan. Not all doctors have privileges at all hospitals.

There's really no reason to chose Williamson Medical however with so many other hospitals closer.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 AM

13 posts, read 30,233 times
Thanks for all the information so far. What are your thoughts on the Tennessee Woman's Care group and the doctors there? Tennessee Women's Care, P.C. | Obstetrics and Gynecology

Looking at the information I think Baptist might be a good choice.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:47 PM

569 posts, read 1,425,623 times
I think the two most popular hospitals for births are Baptist and Centennial. At least...those are the ones that I hear about most. My sister gave birth at Centennial and she really liked it. She had a hard time choosing between Baptist and Centennial. I think both are excellent in that area.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:07 PM

297 posts, read 1,078,891 times
Baptist is known as the "Baby Factory" because of the large number of deliveries in the hospital. They have a great reputation though.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 PM

625 posts, read 4,571,751 times
Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban had their child at Baptist, so it must be pretty good I would think...

Old 09-11-2009, 01:14 PM

3 posts, read 9,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnglc View Post
Thanks for all the information so far. What are your thoughts on the Tennessee Woman's Care group and the doctors there? Tennessee Women's Care, P.C. | Obstetrics and Gynecology

Looking at the information I think Baptist might be a good choice.

I love them, my doc is Dr. Roy P. Burch, Jr. and he is wonderful and professional. he did not deliver my child i had a horrible doc for that but you don't want her name. he did perform major abdominal surgery and it went flawlessly. I had my son at Baptist and my surgery at centennial, the staff at both are courteous and nice but coming from out of state I had very high expectations and Baptist just seems dirtier or older to me and it truly does feel like a baby factory. my next child will be at centennial.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 9,999 times
I had my baby in May at Vanderbilt. It was a wonderful experience. I had a midwife as well.

Nurse-Midwifery Faculty Practice - Vanderbilt University School of Nursing - Nashville, TN (http://www.vanderbiltnursemidwives.org/cnm.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville