Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 07:13 PM

6 posts, read 22,395 times

Advertisements

I will be a graduate student at Vanderbilt in the Fall, and I am looking for a good apartment in the Bellevue area. Does anyone have any advice as far as places to consider or places to stay away from? So far I have been looking closely at the Colonial Grand at Bellevue and the Crossings of Bellevue. Any input would be very much appreciated. I'll be moving from Arkansas, and I won't have a lot of time to look around beforehand.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
I can't tell you anything about Colonial Grand. I had a friend who lived at Crossings back when it was called The Club apartments and, from what little I remember, she liked it okay. Both are in safe, clean areas. Some other alternates might be The Lexington Apartment on Old Hickory and the Creekwood Apartment on Highway 70S. Thirty years ago Creekwood was probably the best apartments in the Bellevue area; but they're built a lot more complexes since then, while Creekwood has gotten older.

As far as places to stay away from, I lived at 865 Bellevue Apartment many years ago (they were called Knollwood then). I would have give it about a C- rating then; not terrible, but not very good either. They remodeled it a couple of years ago. From what I hear, it's not any better now than when I lived there.

Madison at Ridgelake is a huge apartment community (there must be thousands of apartments). I've heard different stories about it; some liked it, some disliked it. There is another complex (I can't remember the name of it offhand) nearer the Interstate that I've heard isn't very good. The Lakes of Bellevue was at one time a pretty nice complex, but I've heard things have changed and they the residents are not very happy there now. Also, I've heard the Iroquois apartments are not very good.

Welcome to Bellevue. I've lived here since the mid-80s. It's a nice area for the most part. It's a little short on nicer restaurants, but Green Hills and West End are a short drive away. There are plenty of fast food places and a few nicer restaurants, just not a lot. Two locally owned places in Bellevue you might want to try are the City Limits Cafe and Pizza Perfect, both off of Old Harding Road. By law, there are no liquor/wine stores in Bellevue, so if you happen to want a bottle of wine sometime you will have to get it at West Meade Wine & Liquor or one of the places over on Charlotte.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:45 AM

150 posts, read 441,586 times
I live in Hillmeade (on 70S) and I am very happy here, in fact I just renewed my lease. The aparments are large, it's pretty quiet (if that's what you are looking for) and the staff has always been more than helpful.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:15 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
I started to suggest Hillmeade as well, but it was early when I was posting and I couldn't remember the name of the place offhand.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:32 PM

144 posts, read 556,342 times
I lived in the Colonial Grand Bellevue when it was the Grove at Devon Hills. I really liked it a lot and felt very safe in the complex. I thought the gate was a nice addition since there are a lot of car break ins, in most apartment complexes (not just Nashville) and it was one of the few complexes where the gate seemed to consistently work. The scenery was GREAT and in the spring I would love driving up the hill and looking at the trees and flowers, it just had a nice feel too it. However, if I had to redo it I probably would have lived closer to Vanderbilt because that is where most of the students are and not so many out in the Bellvue area. Hope this helps...

Oh and Hillmeade was our second choice, the apartments were HUGE! it was my understanding that they used to be condos you could buy before they become apartments and seemed well maintained for their age...Stay AWAY from Belle valley off the interstate if you can...

Old 04-21-2009, 06:15 PM

3 posts, read 9,251 times
Default aprtment

i m in a condo for 1k per month owned by another person. called montview. is a bit closer than grand col. up on 70 prob 10 min away from vanderbilt possibly 15 depending upon time of day.. i loooked for a while before finding this place and for 1k it is a nice set up 2br 2 bth room all hardwood with pool.workout room gated community etc. Im moving in july or august as i hav my son and want to get in a diff school district.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,829 times
I have live in The Lexington for almost 3 years now (about to renew my lease). Happier now then ever. it is under new management. The new staff is great and they are the best apartment, in my opinion, in the area. I looked with a friend recently and nothing compares.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:04 PM

4 posts, read 13,386 times
try Aimco.com There are two complexes in Bellevue that (at least used to) are owned by Aimco. I've lived in both (8-10 years ago, though!) and really liked them. They are very spacious and clean.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:02 PM

356 posts, read 1,129,392 times
I agree with Hillmeade. We are getting ready to move to East Nashville for the Magnet School system, but we have really enjoyed Hillmeade. You will see deer, and foxes, and the baby geese, and don't forget the buzzards.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:57 PM

80 posts, read 312,727 times
Default Waterford Place

Anybody know anything about Waterford Place apartments in Bellevue?

Is the staff friendly/helpful?
Are the apartments clean/new?
Is the area nice/safe? (looks like it's located by 70s and 251)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: