Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 10:37 AM

7 posts, read 18,456 times

Advertisements

Rocky Horror Picture Show
October 23rd & 30th
12:00 midnight
Tickets $7.00

Joyo Theatre
6102 Havelock Avenue
Lincoln, Nebraska
402-466-2441

You'll see a mix of old and new fans at the show on the 23rd. Some of us missed the good old days of RHPS and thought we might drop by.

Hope to see you there!

Keyword search: RHPS, Rocky Horror, Rocky Horror Picture Show, nightlife, cult movie, tim curry, susan sarandon, barry bostwick, richard o'brien, patricia quinn, nell campbell, meatloaf, johnathan adams, peter hinwood, charles gray

Last edited by theatre_nerd; 10-21-2010 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 11:01 AM

Default Rocky Horror Picture Show in Lincoln, NE (limited time)

Rocky Horror Picture Show
October 23rd & 30th
12:00 midnight
Tickets $7.00

Joyo Theatre
6102 Havelock Avenue
Lincoln, Nebraska
402-466-2441

You'll see a mix of old and new fans at the show on the 23rd. Some of us missed the good old days of RHPS and thought we might drop by.

Hope to see you there!

Keyword search: RHPS, Rocky Horror, Rocky Horror Picture Show, nightlife, cult movie, tim curry, susan sarandon, barry bostwick, richard o'brien, patricia quinn, nell campbell, meatloaf, johnathan adams, peter hinwood, charles gray

Old 10-22-2010, 05:43 AM

137 posts, read 615,480 times
Having seen the RHPS a few times, I'd recommend this site before attending!

Things To Take To The RHPS

Old 10-22-2010, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the link! The theatre is not selling prop kits anymore. It is important to know what to bring and when to thow specific things. The dollar store is your friend!

Hope to see you tomorrow night!

Old 10-22-2010, 11:50 PM

135 posts, read 408,655 times
Holy Crap , this is still around !

I was drug to this freak show by a cute chick I was dating in Dallas during the eighties.
At the time I was fresh off the farm and completely clueless about this flick and the weirdness associated with it.

When I picked her up she had the oddest getup on and a weird assortment of "accessories" she informed me were necessary to watch this movie we were going to see.
I remember she had a squirt gun , a newspaper , and some other oddball stuff in a plastic bag.

As we stood in line to get in I noticed I was one of the few dressed what I would consider as "normally" , and also one of the very few that did not have a bag full of goodies.
I also remember the show did not start till late in the night , in fact I think it was midnight on the button when the curtains opened.
Thats when the weirdness began !

I was convinced I had stumbled into some sort of bizzare satanic cults ceremony and was going to be sacrificed !

However I obviously was not , and as weird as the whole thing was with the squirting water, throwing popcorn, singing with the movie and dancing on the stage with very strange people wearing very weird costumes and makeup , it actually was rather fun in a weird sort of way.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:35 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,261,183 times
I went to see it once at Billy Joe's Pitcher Show when I was 14 with the older neighbor girl. They took my shirt, a dominatrix walked me around like a dog, I had to do push-ups and the skinheads there made me walk around sieg-heiling and yelling "pain is for the weak". Surprisingly, they were the most normal and tolerable people there.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:50 AM

Thanks for sharing your RHPS story. Yep, the movie is still playing every week in bigger city theatres. This theatre has been showing the movie in October only.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:52 AM

I heard about Billy Joe's but have never been there myself. That is funny! We never got that exterme when popping RHPS virgin cherries, but thanks for the idea!

Old 11-01-2010, 11:34 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercruiserdr View Post

However I obviously was not , and as weird as the whole thing was with the squirting water, throwing popcorn, singing with the movie and dancing on the stage with very strange people wearing very weird costumes and makeup , it actually was rather fun in a weird sort of way.
That wasn't water, that was LSD and it can be absorbed through your skin.

I think that with your inhibitions overcome, you found liberation in more ways than one that night and we're not getting the whole story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
I went to see it once at Billy Joe's Pitcher Show when I was 14 with the older neighbor girl. They took my shirt, a dominatrix walked me around like a dog, I had to do push-ups and the skinheads there made me walk around sieg-heiling and yelling "pain is for the weak". Surprisingly, they were the most normal and tolerable people there.
Good people!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska