Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,145 times

Advertisements

Hello, im new to this thing. but im having a difficult time deciding wether or not that i want to move from california to Nevada. is it a good idea to live there im in my early 20s. my boyfriend is 24 and he would be going with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 04:26 PM

2,857 posts, read 4,534,769 times
have you visited nevada before? which town interests you?

Old 04-25-2015, 03:15 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,936,566 times
Don't tell ANYONE you are from California, folks in Nevada are not very tolerant of Kommiefornians

Old 04-25-2015, 03:39 PM

646 posts, read 1,158,069 times
Not really true, though.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:06 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,794,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
Don't tell ANYONE you are from California, folks in Nevada are not very tolerant of Kommiefornians
I guess that would depend on what part of Nevada. Here in Southern Nevada, we are extremely tolerant, as the majority of the transplants come from California, as do the majority of tourists. Without California, we'd be hurtin'. We need them to keep coming, spend grandiose amounts of money, so we don't have to pay income tax

Maybe in other parts of Nevada people are more intolerant? Not sure, and the OP didn't specify which part of Nevada, maybe assuming everyone is the same in every part.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:18 PM

3 posts, read 7,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I guess that would depend on what part of Nevada. Here in Southern Nevada, we are extremely tolerant, as the majority of the transplants come from California, as do the majority of tourists. Without California, we'd be hurtin'. We need them to keep coming, spend grandiose amounts of money, so we don't have to pay income tax

Maybe in other parts of Nevada people are more intolerant? Not sure, and the OP didn't specify which part of Nevada, maybe assuming everyone is the same in every part.
In my experience, in Reno or LV you're safe- most people are from CA there anyways. In Elko you'll get a few eyerolls. Whatever you do change your license plates ASAP and please leave your California taxes and crazy laws at the border; we don't want it. Other than that, welcome to Nevada!

Old 05-12-2015, 05:37 PM

42,867 posts, read 26,361,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowndecision21 View Post
Hello, im new to this thing. but im having a difficult time deciding wether or not that i want to move from california to Nevada. is it a good idea to live there im in my early 20s. my boyfriend is 24 and he would be going with me.
It would help to know why you are thinking of moving to Nevada, do you have a job there? Nevada would not be a place I would suggest moving to without a job

Old 05-13-2015, 08:07 AM

1,828 posts, read 5,317,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowndecision21 View Post
Do you have jobs lined up when you get here? Do you have desirable degrees? Do you have work experience that is in demand? Do you have a large amount of money saved up to support you until you get on your feet?

If you aren't accepting a job prior to moving and/or don't have money saved then no, your plan is not strategic or feasible for moving anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
View detailed profiles of: