Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 03:07 PM

843 posts, read 2,217,234 times

Advertisements

Here's where I want to get to: Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

dig up some treasure ;-).. no really, my family owns a 2 acre lot there. Seems mostly useless, probably can't develop and appears to be in the Lake Mead NRA (I've emailed them to try and find out more information). I'm guessing these lots (there are tons of them in the area) were split up and sold off before it was part of the NRA?

Just wondering if anyone knows what the condition of those roads are, might be fun to drive out with the trailer and camp there.. but it's a bit far to scout out before hand.

Any info/tips appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 08:56 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
I don't think there is any private property at the location of that pin drop. If it is in the Lake Mead NRA, and it looks like it is, it wouldn't belong to anyone but the Park Service. If not the park, then it would most likely be BLM land. It does look like it's at the end of a Jeep trail. There are Jeep trails all over that area. But you can't trust them. I used to fish and duck hunt in that area and it was really hard to get to via boat out of Overton Landing. Now with the low water levels it would be impossible. The map shows a lot of dirt roads in the area though. It looks like you could get off the freeway at the Carp/Elgin exit and go south. But I don't know about getting through those mountains. I had a buddy that got stuck in the area of the Virgin River below Bunkerville one time. He had to call Metro for a rescue helicopter and it took two weeks to get his Bronco out.

You see that greenish area around the Muddy and the Virgin rivers? That is quick sand. I found that out the hard way. Scary.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:39 AM

Title is in my Dads name, shows up on the county records and they've been paying taxes on it for decades.

Ascend Web Inquiry Summary Page

I spoke with my parents the other day, they've been out there a couple of times but it's 4wd for sure and pretty sketchy at that. They're going to try and find an agency to buy it, no sense transferring to me.. the property is essentially worthless.

I checked the BLM GSM mapping system and If that's correct the property is definitely in the Lake Mead NRA. I'd think they'd be interested, maybe my parents will just quit the deed to them...

Old 05-13-2014, 04:59 PM

531 posts, read 758,727 times
IMHO, donate to a charity and claim a deduction.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:54 AM

I suggested that, but it's in the NRA so probably can't transfer title to a charity. He'll figure out something to do with it. Certainly doesn't make sense to keep it...

I guess the land was privately owned at some point and broke up into lots and the sold by scammy people to poor old ladies (Great aunt originally purchased it). I'm sure there were all sorts of empty promises behind it ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada