Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 02:17 PM

17 posts, read 38,686 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Hi all,

I am considering taking the leap across the Maine border and settling in NH, but not sure what town to settle in. I have spent time in Portsmouth and loved it so I am thinking about that. But what about other towns? I am a single professional female, 45. No kids, so schools are not an issue. I need a pet friendly community, I love the ocean/lakes, cafe's, browse bookstores, pubs, etc. I love the funky vibe that Portland has. What community has more singles and less family? I am also looking for a great non-denominational church and I am not sure that Portsmouth has that. Anybody have any ideas? If so, I will pop over and spend the weekend.

Thanks!

[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 06:18 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,946,618 times
Portsmouth can be a great place to be, no doubt. Pet friendly, and as you've discovered, a great vibe. Check out South Church | A unitarian universalist congregation for more info for the non-denominational church you are looking for.

You might also consider Dover, sort of a 'Portsmouth-light' in that there are walkable areas of downtown, plenty of locally owned businesses, etc.

If you're considering venturing even further down the coast, into Massachusetts, Newburyport MA also has a fun, but more upscale vibe. Very walkable downtown, like Portsmouth is on the river and makes excellent use of the waterfront area (festivals, etc)

Old 12-20-2011, 10:46 AM

17 posts, read 38,686 times
Thank you for the information Valerie It was very helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire