Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 07:01 AM

82 posts, read 68,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Go to second 13
Campaign 2014: Jeanne Shaheen 'Force' - The Washington Post

Well what's wrong with this? It's implying quite a bit.

It states 2005 for the bill twice and yet Scott Brown was NOT in the US Senate in 2005. Since he's running for US Senate they are assuming from the ad that this is what he did as a US Senator in 2005 and that is not what occurred.

Can't just say "In Massachusetts..." because that blurs the line between the differences of a US Senator and a State Senator.

That would be like bringing up Obama's senate record in 2012

Then again she also voted to go into Iraq with any evidence of anything so saying things in misleading ways might not be that uncommon.
I see it implying that all NH voters approve of abortion. I see it implying that women would be forced to look at photo's of aborted fetus'; which it didn't. The photo's would have been, no doubt, no more graphic than those seen in high school health class. So, Ms Shaheen thinks women should make such a weighty decision without health officials insuring that the woman is fully informed? I see that implied too.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:54 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,142,634 times
People in NH believe in CHOICE, for the most part. There are still some men around that rule their women's thoughts. Women don't need to see an 8 week zygote before abortion. It resembles a bean with eyes. This backfired in Oklahoma when they tried it. The women saw what resembled a tiny dinosaur and wanted it removed as soon as possible.

Women are not as stupid as you are making them out to be.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:23 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,733,291 times
Sigh ....
How is injecting religion and your own pestonal beliefs on topic ? As a matter of fact, how is hijacking the thread to be about abortions and posting a picture of an aborted fetus on topic ? Or helpful ? Or constructive ?
I'm re-opening this but feel warned, one more stunt like this and month long posting restrictions will be handed out.
Yac.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times
Mr. Joshua - Despite your expectations I will provide an answer for you.

I have been paying attention to politics and economics for several decades. I have observed the Republican Party and its owners working very hard to transfer wealth from the working people that create it to the wealthy people that provide the finances. Not only did they take the money they protected it by driving the cost of operating any government to the less prosperous with specifically income tax cuts and diminished funding of education and reduction of food and housing subsidies. Not only do the Republicans cut "unnecessary" spending the vastly increased the cost of college education by forcing the less wealthy students to take out loans instead of providing grants.

The biggest problem I have with the Republicans is the way they help and protect obvious monopolies such as big agriculture and the petroleum and coal industries. These monopolies are even more efficient at concentration wealth than the republican government. I have no gripe with "Free Market" capitalism but I do with the self serving controlled market corporatism afflicting our economy since it became OK starting with Nixon.

The Republicans always complain about "excess government spending" but only when the money is spent on Social Security, health care and Food stamps. they never complain about spending trillions, so long as it is borrowed from them, on the Forever War in the middle east. In my opinion more Republican financiers and arms manufacturer are getting rich off these unnecessary wars than are dying over there. Why do they support borrowing money for war but not food? Because they own both and make more money off weapons than grain.

So if you own a lot of money and are heavily invested in WAR then you should vote Republican. If you are like the rest of us just trying to get by then the Democrats provide much better representation.

There is your answer.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:57 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,726,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

I have been paying attention to politics and economics for several decades. I have observed the Republican Party and its owners working very hard to transfer wealth from the working people that create it to the wealthy people that provide the finances. Not only did they take the money they protected it by driving the cost of operating any government to the less prosperous with specifically income tax cuts and diminished funding of education and reduction of food and housing subsidies. Not only do the Republicans cut "unnecessary" spending the vastly increased the cost of college education by forcing the less wealthy students to take out loans instead of providing grants.

The biggest problem I have with the Republicans is the way they help and protect obvious monopolies such as big agriculture and the petroleum and coal industries. These monopolies are even more efficient at concentration wealth than the republican government. I have no gripe with "Free Market" capitalism but I do with the self serving controlled market corporatism afflicting our economy since it became OK starting with Nixon.

The Republicans always complain about "excess government spending" but only when the money is spent on Social Security, health care and Food stamps. they never complain about spending trillions, so long as it is borrowed from them, on the Forever War in the middle east. In my opinion more Republican financiers and arms manufacturer are getting rich off these unnecessary wars than are dying over there. Why do they support borrowing money for war but not food? Because they own both and make more money off weapons than grain.

So if you own a lot of money and are heavily invested in WAR then you should vote Republican. If you are like the rest of us just trying to get by then the Democrats provide much better representation.

There is your answer.

very well said

Old 10-21-2014, 09:20 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,546,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

There is your answer.
Sorry Greg, but Mr Yac..if you are going to remove political or "religious" comments of one then let us be even handed, and remove this as well as Bucks many replies.. time to be kosher all around. Can't have it both ways ya know

Old 10-21-2014, 09:45 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,726,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Sorry Greg, but Mr Yac..if you are going to remove political or "religious" comments of one then let us be even handed, and remove this as well as Bucks many replies.. time to be kosher all around. Can't have it both ways ya know

Dave, they aren't removing political or religious, but, radical or crazy posts. Sadly it is people like you that have given Christianity a bad name. People like you are why I have turned to Paganism...just saying and trying to make you understand. Peace be with you...Namaste.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:48 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,758,145 times
Wow this thread certainly seems to have outlived its usefulness, not to mention its relevance in a New Hampshire forum.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:24 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,624,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Wow this thread certainly seems to have outlived its usefulness, not to mention its relevance in a New Hampshire forum.
For some reason I thought the mods had already closed it.

I'm not wild about the direction the thread has turned, but I do think it's pretty fairly representative of the way NH politics has increasingly trended towards the national mainstream over the past decade or so.

Ayotte and Shaheen play to national party stereotype more closely than say, Judd Gregg or Rudman (though certainly, before Ayotte there was Sununu). But in general NH had been kind of an oddball political state where David Souter could be in the mainstream of the state Republican party and yet go entirely the other way when chosen for the Supreme Court.

Pragmatism [at risk of mythologizing a bit much] was a virtue in NH regardless of party. Now, it seems, politics trumps everything else in NH as everywhere.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:11 PM

40,954 posts, read 49,228,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Scott Brown, like all Republicans, needs to be defeated until the GOP loses the lunatic fringe element.
This is what's ironic. You could easily substitute Democratic Party for the word GOP.

You don't believe the current administration is not full of Lunatic Fringe Element ?
They would love to force their NY or CA ways on the rest of the states.

There seems to be few Blue Dog Democrats nowadays.

Last edited by Rakin; 10-21-2014 at 01:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire