Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 09:25 AM

4 posts, read 2,996 times

Advertisements

Moving from the southeast US to Nashua, NH. Hubby got a promotion, so we are relocating around mid to late february. Been doing research on apartments in area and was wondering what your opinions are of Clocktower Place, Bay Ridge, Royal Crest, Boulder Park, and Forest Ridge? We do have a cat, and I have seen the pet fees and rent. I would appreciate any advice! Also, what is up with the parking fees? I see every apartment has different levels of fees for covered/lot/reserved spaces. The area looks gorgeous and we look forward to the move.

Last edited by Save24; 01-17-2017 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 10:31 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,675,380 times
Congratulations!

Covered spaces are vastly preferable especially for commuters; winters can be wicked snowy (varies from year to year), even when you're not paying a parking fee, rent will be higher for an apartment which includes sheltered parking.

If you need to commute to Massachusetts, then places like Royal Crest and Tara are very convenient to route 3. Because of this easy expressway access, rents will be higher than a building that doesn't appeal as much to Burlington/Boston commuters.

If you're working in Nashua proper and can get a place that is close enough to work that you don't have to drive every single day, that would probably be your optimal location.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:41 PM

He needs to be close to Boston, but he has the 6 states of New England to cover.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:04 AM

Anyone else have any info on those places... The skinny, the downlow?

Old 01-18-2017, 10:44 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,969 times
Clocktower Place is a converted factory, so it's rather unique and industrial. It is right in downtown Nashua, so great if you want to be able to walk to restaurants. But it will also be more of an urban feel and with less grounds because of this too. I vaguely remember that there were some funky rules that came with living there, but I don't remember what they were exactly (I'm sure you would find out before committing). Definitely look into what the parking situation is there, if you decide that's what you want.

Royal Crest I find rather shabby. It's a big place, though and probably has various apartment size options. It is also at Exit 1, right at the MA border and is close to lots of shopping. It is located in a very congested area though, I don't think I would want to live there and have to get in and out of there all the time. Forest Ridge and Boulder Park are also close to shopping and, thus, close to traffic congestion, although not as bad as by Royal Crest, IMO. Forest Ridge seems somewhat worn to me as well, although not as shabby as Royal Crest, I don't think. Boulder Parks seems much nicer to me than Royal Crest or Forest Ridge. More attractive, looks better built, better grounds, etc.

I had to look up Bay Ridge to remember what it is. This is actually a decent location. Close to Exit 1, it is on the other side of Route 3, so away from the worst of the congestion, but still close to shopping and stores. The apartments seem more "condo-like" than the others. I do remember now going to see the place with a friend a long time ago and thought it was nice.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:10 PM

35 posts, read 26,936 times
Just a quick question... why did you choose Nashua over other surrounding communities?

Old 01-18-2017, 07:23 PM

It was recommended by several people in his company, as a good place to live. We were looking at Massachusetts before. Weymouth \Stoughton area. Rent is cheaper in NH and apartments are bigger.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:47 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,010,260 times
How Often will he need to go to Boston?

Vers driving around the NorthEast?

Think Income Taxes, If he can work from "Home" you should check to see how much "Work" his HR department would assign to the other states, It might be under the reporting threshold for days if he does several states a day.

If he is a Random, Occasional to Boston, the Bus @ Exit 8 might be good to think about. Would add 10 minutes to his southbound trip on his driving days. But might we worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire