Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 09:04 PM

157 posts, read 94,597 times

Advertisements

We have company visiting from out of town. It's going to be hot tomorrow, and we really don't like the heat. Not beachy people, either. Any suggestions on somewhere quirky/interesting to visit in the seacoast region? Even if it's just a unique restaurant or a fun billiards hall... Just something during the day and not too hot. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 07:20 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,992,341 times
Darn, I wish that I had read your post earlier (I only get here once in awhile these days), I love the ocean but don't spend much time on the beach during the summer months... but luckily, there is so much more to do at the coast than waste time laying on the sand with tons of other people.

I'd have suggested a boat trip out of Portsmouth via the Isles of Shoals Steamship Company for a visit to Star Island (one of the Isle of Shoals just off the coast of NH & Maine). Star Island is fun if you're looking for an outdoorsy experience but it's a carry on/carry off island, and if I recall correctly, there are no stores or options for buying lunch, drinks, etc. (I could be wrong on that though - it's been years since I've been out to Star Island.

For a bit more of an adventure, consider a visit to Peaks Island, Maine. The Old Port section of Portland is a fun visit on it's own, but taking a ferry to the island is a special experience. You'll see light houses, seals sunning themselves on island rocks and more. While Star Island has history, and rocky paths to explore around the island, Peaks has some fun little shops and restaurants to visit - locally owned only - no franchises. No Dunks.

The next time you find yourself with visitors coming, getting OFF the mainland is always fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoSomething View Post
We have company visiting from out of town. It's going to be hot tomorrow, and we really don't like the heat. Not beachy people, either. Any suggestions on somewhere quirky/interesting to visit in the seacoast region? Even if it's just a unique restaurant or a fun billiards hall... Just something during the day and not too hot. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Old 08-04-2019, 06:52 PM

157 posts, read 94,597 times
Thank you! I'll keep this in mind for next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: