Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 05:08 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,546,658 times

Advertisements

Rep. Anita Burroughs (D-Bartlett) created on online petition Thursday night and had more than 777 signatures by 3 p.m. Friday urging Gov. Chris Sununu to close campgrounds in New Hampshire.

Never have I seen such cowardly, gullible, fearful chicken little's.. makes me ashamed for my state. This "crisis" has done it's job. It has wrecked the economy, it has further divided us, it has caused manufactured panic, it has turned Americans into Nazis who now report what they deem "unsafe" actions ( ie reporting people who refuse to live in fear. )
Shame on us we have become everything our state and our country's principles stand against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 05:58 AM

26 posts, read 52,540 times
We have an extreme far-left legislature now who seem to be doing everything they can to put us into a Great Depression. Our Republican Governor apparently cares more about going on CNN every day than actually living our state's motto.

In recent days, there seems to be growing angst around the country to atleast start the ball rolling in reopening state economies. Perhaps that will eventually move Sununu to act, But Democrats seem to be satisfied with making everything as difficult and as strict as possible

Old 04-18-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfca30 View Post
We have an extreme far-left legislature now who seem to be doing everything they can to put us into a Great Depression. Our Republican Governor apparently cares more about going on CNN every day than actually living our state's motto.
In his defense, he is pretty much damned if he does, damned if he doesn't on most anything he decides.
This is a prime example, he has determined to keep the campgrounds open.. invoking the wrath of people like Anita. He has done his best to not to follow lock step and completely close the state, but he failed in giving in to closing the beaches. I have mixed feeling about the schools but then I have long been an advocate of dismantling the public education system mainly because it has woefully failed in producing anything but useful tools, indoctrinated but not educated. I am not a great fan of Sununu but I can only imagine how much worse it would be if one of Anitas fellow party members were in the corner office.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:51 AM

174 posts, read 232,523 times
I lived in NH for 23 years until I moved 4 years ago to be near grandkids and family. I now live in WI and we too are being denied our constitutional rights as citizens. We just got extended to May 26 by Dem governor which is longer than NY which is an epicenter. Our largest hospital chain(50 hospitals) has just 106 patients for Chinese virus and one closest to me has 1. There are more people in them that have gout probably than this virus. Most of the deaths are in two of our largest cities around 80%. Our economy is destroyed and as we rely on tourism too our parks are closed and the northern tourist places are now going to miss memorial day weekend. I moved to a very nice community that took over 20 years to develop their downtown and likely most of the small businesses will not survive another 5 weeks without customers. We have a huge protest at the state capital next Friday but will fall on deaf ears. Stay strong NH I hear what you are saying.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:54 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,309,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Rep. Anita Burroughs (D-Bartlett) created on online petition Thursday night and had more than 777 signatures by 3 p.m. Friday urging Gov. Chris Sununu to close campgrounds in New Hampshire.

Never have I seen such cowardly, gullible, fearful chicken little's.. makes me ashamed for my state. This "crisis" has done it's job. It has wrecked the economy, it has further divided us, it has caused manufactured panic, it has turned Americans into Nazis who now report what they deem "unsafe" actions ( ie reporting people who refuse to live in fear. )
Shame on us we have become everything our state and our country's principles stand against.
I'm not in NH but perhaps someone needs to remind the representative that we're now looking to reopen places not shutting down more unless it's very necessary to do so.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:42 AM
KCZ

4,682 posts, read 3,679,754 times
You all realize that cases haven't peaked yet in NH? That 30-40% of people testing positive are our healthcare workers? That there's still no treatment or vaccine available for this deadly disease? And that a lot of the people who are clamoring to "reopen" the state are the same ones that refuse to wear masks out in public?

I'm ashamed when I hear people politicizing a public health issue and prioritizing their "right" to go camping over human lives.

Reopening this, or any other state, has nothing to do with who's sitting in the corner office. It depends on our preparedness, and the preparedness of states around us. What's going to happen here if Mass and Maine reopen without being prepared? We all need 2 things. The first is the ability to test everyone, as often as necessary, and to trace the contacts of positive tests to prevent further spread. Right now, we have neither the testing equipment nor the public health personnel to do that. The second is the resources to treat another wave of sick patients. Right now we don't have the PPE, other equipment, or meds to do that, plus our healthcare providers are exhausted and burned out.

Protesting and petitioning to have somebody circle a reopening date on the calendar isn't going to change reality about the disease or our lack of resources.

Last edited by KCZ; 04-18-2020 at 09:53 AM..

Old 04-18-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
You all realize that cases haven't peaked yet in NH? That 30-40% of people testing positive are our healthcare workers? That there's still no treatment or vaccine available for this deadly disease? And that a lot of the people who are clamoring to "reopen" the state are the same ones that refuse to wear masks out in public?

I'm ashamed when I hear people politicizing a public health issue and prioritizing their "right" to go camping over human lives.

Reopening this, or any other state, has nothing to do with who's sitting in the corner office. It depends on our preparedness, and the preparedness of states around us. What's going to happen here if Mass and Maine reopen without being prepared? We all need 2 things. The first is the ability to test everyone, as often as necessary, and to trace the contacts of positive tests to prevent further spread. Right now, we have neither the testing equipment nor the public health personnel to do that. The second is the resources to treat another wave of sick patients. Right now we don't have the PPE, other equipment, or meds to do that, plus our healthcare providers are exhausted and burned out.

Protesting and petitioning to have somebody circle a reopening date on the calendar isn't going to change reality about the disease or our lack of resources.
Sorry, I don't buy into manufactured fear, and that is all this has been. you say you are ashamed of people politicizing this.. that is what has been done from the start. There is NOTHING about COVID-19 that has made it different from the normal flu from H1N1 or even from a far worse epidemic, the AIDS virus of the 80's. The Apocalyptic death counts have not materialized ( nor will they) Hospitals across the nation that have geared up for it are sitting idle, emergency equipment gathering dust , but the damage to the economy has been staggering, it being the target victim all along.. Time to open your eyes and stop buying into the fear

Old 04-18-2020, 10:25 AM
KCZ

4,682 posts, read 3,679,754 times
I agree that this pandemic should never have been politicized from the start.

We're never going to agree on anything else. I do wish you'd read some of the articles and op-ed pieces from around the country written by the healthcare workers dealing with this problem.

Old 04-18-2020, 11:22 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,874,181 times
Default Comparison

Have any of you folks that were adults in the early 1980s noticed the difference in how we are treating the Wuhan virus vs the way the HIV/AID disease was handled?

Last edited by Gunluvver2; 04-18-2020 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: sic

Old 04-18-2020, 11:41 AM

yes and I notice a difference between all the other outbreaks. I also note the ties between Gates and WHO, GMO's pharmaceuticals and population control..

The foundation is organized into four program areas: Global Development Division, Global Health Division, United States Division, and Global Policy & Advocacy Division.The foundation supports the use of genetically modified organisms in agricultural development. Specifically, the foundation is supporting the International Rice Research Institute in developing Golden Rice, a genetically modified rice variant used to combat vitamin A deficiency. The goal of the foundation is to provide 120 million women and girls, in the poorest countries, with high-quality contraceptive information and services, with the longer-term goal of universal access to voluntary family planning. In 2007, the Los Angeles Times criticized the foundation for investing its assets in companies that have been accused of worsening poverty, pollution and pharmaceutical firms that do not sell to developing countries.Although the foundation announced a review of its investments to assess social responsibility, it was subsequently canceled and upheld its policy of investing for maximum return, while using voting rights to influence company practices. In 2014, protests in Vancouver occurred when Gates decided to donate $50 million to UNAIDS through the Foundation for the purpose of mass circumcision .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire