Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 03:15 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,998,238 times

Advertisements

323 new cases of Covid-19 announced yesterday in New Hampshire.

Is this a result of just more testing that day or is it confined to old age homes?

Why the dramatic increase of Covid-19 in New Hampshire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 05:11 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,060,313 times
A little bit of all of the above combined with a federal holiday probably.

I had to use chrome to get the interactive data to work properly, but this is a decent article from yesterday. The interactive data indicates more testing. It also mentions three new nursing homes outbreaks, possible community exposure at four polling places(which is odd based on my experiences, but not all locations did the same things I'm sure).
https://www.wmur.com/article/new-ham...2020/34654561#

I couldn't get the interactive data on the state page to function in any browser, but there is good info in their daily updates about where most of the covid+ population is. https://www.nh.gov/covid19/news/updates.htm

Seems to indicate some more testing, but not really a huge amount considering the increase in positives.

From the update yesterday:
"On Thursday, November 12, 2020, DHHS announced 323 new positive test results for COVID-19, for a daily PCR test positivity rate of 2.6%. Today’s results include 270 people who tested positive by PCR test and 53 who tested positive by antigen test. There are now 2,528 current COVID-19 cases diagnosed in New Hampshire."

"Of those with complete information, there are forty individuals under the age of 18 and the rest are adults" Likely school or kids sports stuff, or kids being kids.

"Four new hospitalized cases were reported. There are currently 64 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19."

"DHHS has also announced three additional deaths related to COVID-19. We offer our sympathies to the
family and friends.
ï‚· 2 female residents of Hillsborough County, 60 years of age and older
ï‚· 1 male resident of Coos County, 60 years of age and older"

Old 11-13-2020, 05:30 AM

9,889 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Just like everywhere else that the weather has been cooler - more people congregating inside where it's easier to transmit and not following masking and distancing guidelines.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:17 AM

1,274 posts, read 2,383,973 times
Plus a healthy dose of COVID fatigue, which is totally understood at this point. I also see a lot of "patriots" who think that a proven public health measure like wearing a face covering indoors infringes on their Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness and is nothing more than a government control tactic that only sheep would participate in.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:28 AM

"Tired of Polarization"---is the first one to inject a partisan political statement into this thread.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post

"Tired of Polarization"---is the first one to inject a partisan political statement into this thread.
Because it is political now and that cannot be denied. I can be tired of polarization yet still call out the partisan polarization when I see it. Sorry, not sorry

Last edited by steveusaf; 11-13-2020 at 06:49 AM..

Old 11-13-2020, 07:35 AM
KCZ

4,678 posts, read 3,673,320 times
The number of cases in NH started to go up as soon as schools were reopened, and there have been outbreaks in all of the college towns...Plymouth, Durham, Hanover, Keene. There is now a considerable increase in spread in the community, and small towns that haven't had cases in months have been busy contact tracing when an employee of the local convenience store or hardware store that had contact with many residents then becomes sick. A large outbreak at a nursing home in Newport. Etc, etc. We're just experiencing the rapid increase in cases seen around much of the country, where we're up to a record 150K new cases and >1K deaths per day.

People need to get over their COVID fatigue, because this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Old 11-13-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
Because it is political now and that cannot be denied. I can be tired of polarization yet still call out the partisan polarization when I see it. Sorry, not sorry

The anti personal liberty, ridicule of those who choose liberty, and only allowing liberty if it pleases their own personal view is not a new C-19 thing.

I get a kick out of your rotating sayings, but doing the complete opposite. "away from this place"-continues to post. "Tired of the polarization"-is the first to inject said polarization in a thread. Allanis Morissette wrote your recent posts for you.

Last edited by abnfdc; 11-13-2020 at 05:26 PM..

Old 11-13-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post

People need to get over their COVID fatigue, because this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

From a different board with a mil/leo/training crowd:

Old 11-13-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post
The anti personal liberty, ridicule of those who choose liberty, and only allowing liberty if it pleases their own personal view is not a new C-19 thing.

I get a kick out of your rotating sayings, but doing the complete opposite. "away from this place"-continues to post. "Tired of the polarization"-is the first to inject said polarization in a thread. Allanis Morissette wrote your recent posts for you.
Liberty? What does wearing a mask have to do with liberty? It's a public health measure that protects others from catching something you may have and not even know it. Unless you think it's a hoax, then I guess it doesn't matter to you.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that you won't take that government-sponsored vaccine either because it's a government trick to mutate your DNA and subjugate you to a Bill Gates/Soros master new world order plan you heard on Newsmax.

Are public health measures incompatible with "liberty" as you see it? I guess it's all about the individual and to hell with my impact on anyone else? Sorry, I just don't get this. This is not some government control conspiracy. It must be exhausting to live with so much paranoia that everyone's out to get you and everything's a lie.

You are right - I probably should have stayed "away from this place" for my own good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire