Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 04:32 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,704,831 times

Advertisements

We are missing her informative posts - and I think D2D is looking as well, but still no sign of her.

Glad to see Buck is back from the land of the lost anyone else? can't be missing our friends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 04:45 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,201,046 times
Smile Hello NH2NCMOM! :0) THANK YOU! :0)

THANKS FOR THIS THREAD NH2NCMOM!

I sent her a message, but I have not heard anything yet...

However, she did mention that she was having computer problems as well

I hope its computer problems, and not the rain, etc.

Hopefully she will be back soon!

THANKS FOR CARING!

Take care!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
We are missing her informative posts - and I think D2D is looking as well, but still no sign of her.

Glad to see Buck is back from the land of the lost anyone else? can't be missing our friends!

Last edited by countrylv22; 08-07-2008 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU! :0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY! :0) PEACE EVERYONE! STAY SAFE! :0):0)

Old 08-07-2008, 04:58 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,179,389 times
I'm pretty sure she's in an area that's been hit as hard or harder than we have been with rain since at least Friday. Hopefully she's just busy!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:08 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,039,948 times
And don't forget Proud American! Back when we were looking for Bry, it was noticed he was missing. Hasn't posted since 7/18. I hope things are ok there as well!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:49 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,704,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
And don't forget Proud American! Back when we were looking for Bry, it was noticed he was missing. Hasn't posted since 7/18. I hope things are ok there as well!
I knew there was one more, just couldn't remember who

Old 08-07-2008, 09:59 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,953,232 times
I've got a couple of numbers for Proud American, will try to reach him tomorrow, and can sign in from the office computer

New Hampshire Girl works for a real estate agency up north, I think she has the website listed in her profile, however, she doesn't list her name anywhere

When did CaptJob last check in? He's got the most dangerous job of any of us and probably has the least amount of time to check in! When I heard the news of the firefighters in CA who are missing, he was the first person I though of... When my brother called about the quake a few weeks ago, Suzet was the first one I thought of... just what I need, more things to worry about

Anyway, thoughts and prayers to those who are lost in the line of duty, and hey Captain, check in with us soon please!! We look forward to when you come live in NH where we don't have huge forest fires every year...

Old 08-07-2008, 10:45 PM

264 posts, read 616,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
I've got a couple of numbers for Proud American, will try to reach him tomorrow, and can sign in from the office computer

New Hampshire Girl works for a real estate agency up north, I think she has the website listed in her profile, however, she doesn't list her name anywhere

When did CaptJob last check in? He's got the most dangerous job of any of us and probably has the least amount of time to check in! When I heard the news of the firefighters in CA who are missing, he was the first person I though of... When my brother called about the quake a few weeks ago, Suzet was the first one I thought of... just what I need, more things to worry about

Anyway, thoughts and prayers to those who are lost in the line of duty, and hey Captain, check in with us soon please!! We look forward to when you come live in NH where we don't have huge forest fires every year...
Hi Val, et al.

I am back in Southern Cal again posted with most of my crew back in the station. Things out here have moderated a little for now. One of our Engineers was working in the communications unit (Trinity National Forest) when the Helicopter went down. They had no communication from the actual helicopter; however, picked up the radio traffic reported by other helicopters in the area that witnessed the crash.

Irronicaly, we lost two firefighters in a burn-over earlier in the month on the same fire and I was just commenting we had not had an aircraft down yet this season. Every year we lose at least one fixed wing aircraft and a few helicopters. Usually with much less lose of life. This was a very unfortunate incident.

The shake and bake of California is alive and well. Hey, only 9 more years of this and I can learn how to ice fish!

Captjob

Old 08-08-2008, 01:38 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,959,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post

Aww shucks. Hopefully we wont have another one for a long time.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:41 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
I sent Proud a DM but have not yet heard-hopefully I will hear soon. I hope he is on another remote vacation and not having another surgery.

I hope New Hampshire Girl is ok too.

Nicolem

Old 08-08-2008, 08:25 AM

311 posts, read 996,161 times
Oh no! I see there's an APB out on me. Gosh, that makes me feel luved

Like countrylv said, I've been having some computer problems, but we seem to have gotten them worked out. Plus, I decided to take a staycation (you know...vaca from work, but staying home) and had all these grand plans to clean, cook, organize, grocery shop (yuck I hate grocery shopping), gardening, etc.

Instead, I ended up driving my daughter to/from field hockey camp in Mass. (of course, had to stay and watch games, go out for lunch, drive multiple girls to bus stop, etc.), AND had to bake emergency batches of cookies for the campers, which were requested by her teammates. Then, she was home for just a couple hours, had teammates stop by for dinner (lucky I had leftover lasagna in the fridge) and then had to help her pack and send her off to southern California early this morning for a vacation with a school friend. Sigh....of course, all these things also required emergency loads of laundry and shopping for "essentials" and helping her pack.

The rain washed away all hopes of any outdoor plans. In fact, the rain has been so bad that our basement has flooded - and it's a finished basement with beautiful white carpet. First time it's flooded like this EVER in the 22 years we've lived here. Well...no more beautiful white carpet, my husband had to rip it all out the past couple days. And it stinks like moldy mildewy bluck.

This weather has been crazy. My heart goes out to the people who have lost or damaged homes and the family that just lost their 7-year-old daughter in the flash flood in Ashland. We spent last evening listening to my daughter's fire department pager and all the emergency calls due to the flash floods.

Anyway...long story short...thank you for thinking of me. I have to remember to check in here more frequently even when I'm on a staycation!

PHEW...I'm exhausted...I need a vacation from my staycation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire