Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2010, 01:16 AM

11 posts, read 42,805 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I have a med school interview in Stratford, NJ. What is the cheapest way to go from PHL to Stratford? As a student, I'm really tight on money so I was hoping to use the subway but know nothing about the subway paths in this area.

Any help will be enormously appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 08:08 AM

50,722 posts, read 36,424,154 times
You would take the PATCO Hi-Speedline from Philly to Lindenwold. Not sure where your interview is and whether it's walking distance from the train or not, but there are buses that stop at the Speedling station, too.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:41 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega07 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a med school interview in Stratford, NJ. What is the cheapest way to go from PHL to Stratford? As a student, I'm really tight on money so I was hoping to use the subway but know nothing about the subway paths in this area.

Any help will be enormously appreciated!
Take the SEPTA train from the airport to 30th St station. Then, take the Market-Frankford subway/elevated to 8th & Market. At 8th & Market take the PATCO line.

I know that when you reverse the process you can buy a transfer to the subway on the South Jersey side, from a machine. Ask at the airport.
You might be able to call ahead & get that information by phone from SEPTA. SEPTA | Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority

Also, call the hospital & ask if they are closer to the Lindenwold station or the Ashland station. Ask if there is bus service from the train to the hospital.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You would take the PATCO Hi-Speedline from Philly to Lindenwold. Not sure where your interview is and whether it's walking distance from the train or not, but there are buses that stop at the Speedling station, too.
Either Virtua in Voorhees or JFK. There may be a TNJ bus line involved, which would be cheaper than a taxi.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:36 PM

11 posts, read 42,805 times
Thank you so much everyone. I have a friend who will pick me up at Lindenwold.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:06 PM

908 posts, read 1,828,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Take the SEPTA train from the airport to 30th St station. Then, take the Market-Frankford subway/elevated to 8th & Market. At 8th & Market take the PATCO line.
Why would you do that when the Septa Airport Line takes you to the Market East stop where you can connect to the PATCO line.

Another low cost option is the Rapid Rover shuttle, very inexpensive.

Untitled Page

Old 11-01-2010, 12:16 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
Why would you do that when the Septa Airport Line takes you to the Market East stop where you can connect to the PATCO line.

Untitled Page
Two reasons

1. Does it cost more?

2. It's kinda confusing going from Market East through The Gallery to the Patco Speedline.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:10 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,672,468 times
Good thing you are getting a ride. You CAN walk from the PATCO Speedline stop to the UMDNJ campus in Stratford, but it's not an easy stroll. You have to cross a massive parking lot, then walk through some retail parking lots. Then cross Route 30 (4 lanes of craziness). Then walk through more retail parking lots and then down about 1/2 mile to the UMDNJ campus. Not something I'd want to do in interview attire consdering sidewalks are deemed a luxury around there.

The other thing to note is that there are always cabs at the Lindenwold station and it can't be more than a couple bucks to get from there to the UMDNJ campus.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:26 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Default Market East

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
Two reasons

1. Does it cost more?

2. It's kinda confusing going from Market East through The Gallery to the Patco Speedline.
1. I don't know if it costs more but if it does, it can't be much.

2. The Market East, PATCO connection is a bit confusing. I just leave Market East/The Gallery by 9th and walk along the sidewalk over to 8th.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post

Untitled Page
It's a lot easier for someone who is not familiar with Philly to go to 30th St Station & connect with the subway there. I don't see you expaining the navigation for Market St. East to PATCO. I know people who have lived in the area all of their lives who've had problems with that one.

Sometimes easy trumps a slightly more direct alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia