Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,065 times

Advertisements

Moving from Wayne to Princeton unexpectedly. Need 3 berm newer house with 1 or more acres of land. Hoping to stay under 600k. Can be anywhere within 9 miles of universityn where my wife will be working. Any help and/or insights about surrounding areas woul be truly appreciated. Thank. Charles and jackie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 10:02 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesleighton123 View Post
Moving from Wayne to Princeton unexpectedly. Need 3 berm newer house with 1 or more acres of land. Hoping to stay under 600k. Can be anywhere within 9 miles of universityn where my wife will be working. Any help and/or insights about surrounding areas woul be truly appreciated. Thank. Charles and jackie
Well, Princeton isn't in the area covered by this subforum, but I used to go to a shop that was in Princeton, years ago, before 295 went up in that area. I took a weird little county road to avoid Trenton. I checked & it's county road 533/Quaker Road. Look on or near that road, just west of Princeton.

I have no clue on price, but I suspect that that's where you'd get a decent-ssized plot of land. I think that's the road that I took. I used to go through a rural area & frankly, it was like driving on a colonial cowpath that had been covered with asphalt.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,160,229 times
Are schools a concern?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:03 PM

877 posts, read 2,840,611 times
Default Hamilton

Look in Hamilton. It is quite large, but you could probably find something large within your price range, on the east side of town. But be careful because some parts of it border Trenton. I'd look for houses zoned to Steinert High School around the vicinity of Rt 130. Lots of the towns in this area suffer from spillover from Trenton and I like Hamilton because it's bigger than the others so you could be on the east side of town, be totally safe (including the schools - as it has three high schools) and get more bang for your bucks than any place else in Mercer County.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:10 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,059,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesleighton123 View Post
The towns within your 9 mile criteria would be West Windsor (under 5 miles), Plainsboro and Lawrence (just over 5 miles), Pennington (under 10 miles). Hopewell and Cranbury are just over 10 miles.

A newer home on an acre+ will be iffy to impossible in any of these towns in your price range.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:31 PM

3 posts, read 2,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
The towns within your 9 mile criteria would be West Windsor (under 5 miles), Plainsboro and Lawrence (just over 5 miles), Pennington (under 10 miles). Hopewell and Cranbury are just over 10 miles.

A newer home on an acre+ will be iffy to impossible in any of these towns in your price range.

You left out Hamilton, go with the OPs suggestion on the east side of town.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:41 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,960,223 times
If your willing to travel a littler further there are new homes in Chesterfield. They were built a few years ago and I'm pretty sure the price range has come down, and I believe the bigger homes are on 1 acre lots. But we are closer to 15 miles. My husband works right near the University and it takes him about 1/2 hr. Hamilton is a good suggestion too, but like the other say..stay on the east side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia