Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 06:30 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,528,790 times

Advertisements

Going to a concert at the Susquehanna Bank Center on Saturday - can anyone suggest some good nearby bars/pubs near the center for after the show? Don't want to have to drive TOO far afterwards. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 06:33 AM

155 posts, read 372,218 times
What's too far and which direction are you talking about going?

Obviously if you go over into Philly, Olde City has a bunch of bars and pubs
I'm not familiar with the immediate area around the place, but Camden would make me nervous.

If you go towards Cherry Hill, Top Dog is right on 70 not too far away.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog15 View Post
What's too far and which direction are you talking about going?

Obviously if you go over into Philly, Olde City has a bunch of bars and pubs
I'm not familiar with the immediate area around the place, but Camden would make me nervous.

If you go towards Cherry Hill, Top Dog is right on 70 not too far away.
I guess I was thinking more in the immediate vicinity of the Center. But if that's sort of a sketchy area, then it's probably not a good idea. I have been to Top Dog years ago!

We'll actually be driving over from Ardmore PA and may take the Ferry from Philly to the waterfront to save the $20 on parking at the center. In which case, anything nearby the Ferry pickup would be fair game too.

Just wanted to see if there were any really popular places to hit afterwards

Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 AM

398 posts, read 733,113 times
Parking near the ferry on the Philly side will probably cost you a good $20 or more, and you still have to pay for the ferry. You're better off just parking at the venue. Unless you find unmetered on street parking, and walk to the ferry (might be a far walk).

Old 05-06-2011, 04:54 PM

267 posts, read 950,603 times
Forget bars in the area. Just load up your cooler and party there!

So who is the band/artist that brings you to Camden?

Old 05-06-2011, 05:38 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,348,792 times
The only bar I know of in the immediate area is Victor's Pub, which is actually pretty nice. But Camden isn't "sort of a sketchy area," it is one of the most dangerous cities in the country. The waterfront area isn't bad, but you probably don't want to make any wrong turns along your travels.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Thanks everyone!! We went for the Bruno Mars/Janelle Monae concert - it was AWESOME!!!

We ended up going to Victor's pub to grab food and a few drinks before the concert. Really wish we would've brought flasks or something - the $14 drinks in the center killed us! Afterwards, we just went back to Ardmore and hung out at bars there. Victor's was a really nice place, and the sweet potato fries were to die for!!

Old 05-09-2011, 12:37 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
There's just something about a thread referencing banks and bars that reminds me of the old days in South Jersey. At first glance, I thought "Wow. This guy is going to cash in his IRA and drink up all his dough? Or what?"

As long as there are ambiguous juxtapositions, there'll always be Jersey. That's why Snooki is so obviously not one of us. She's just too monomaniacally overt an exhibitionist.

Thanks for the mammaries. I mean memories. (Snooki agan).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia