Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM

3 posts, read 5,914 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have recently found a job in lumberton and will need to relocate there sometime this month. I am looking to rent and have looked into a few rental apartments, most notably whitehall and lumberton apartments. I currently live in a place that is similiar to what the reviews of both places say, basically that the walls are paper thin, that you can hear loud neighbors, music, and parking can be annoying and the occasional police car stopping by at the neighbors. Was wondering if there were any better places to look besides those types of places. I'd rather not live in a place like bthis again if possible. Thanx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 11:19 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,641,539 times
Does it need to be an apartment?

Old 06-04-2011, 10:00 AM

Well, will be living on my own, so renting a whole house or level would kinda be out of the question. Think I would be a little uncomfortable renting a room from someone else, unless it has separate entrance, kitchen, bath etc etc. But I don't need much more room than for myself.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:55 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,752,512 times
What's the budget? If it were me I would be looking at rentals in Marlton, Mt. Laurel or Moorestown, there are more options in those areas and many of the complexes are nicer.

For instance Roger's Walk and Mt. Laurel Crossing in Mt. Laurel are both very nice, but they run $1,086-$1,500+. Ramblewood in Marlton is a large complex with plenty of options and I would consider it nicer than either complex in Lumberton. There are several complexes in Moorestown, but Moorestown Woods is the larger regular complex, I know a couple people who have lived there and they thought it was nice.

FWIW, the Mt. Laurel options are all less than 10 minutes or so from Lumberton.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 PM

budget is about 1200ish max i suppose for a one bedroom, little more wouldn't be too bad though. I have been looking at the some of the apartments in the surrounding areas such as mount laurel crossing. seems to have pretty good reviews on apartmentratings.com and would be pretty close to work. Roger's Walk looks pretty nice, but pretty pricey as well. Although some websites seem to list it as being a +55 community. I don't fit that profile. Does anyone have any views/opinions about these other complexes?

summit/sterling court - Mt Laurel
brook view - marlton

Also in terms of noise reduction, would it be better to live on the top floor? Living on the bottom right now is pretty terrible with a machine room below me and a set of staircases right outside my front door.

I will probably head down there on a weekend and just scope things out. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:12 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,752,512 times
As far as what floor to live on, that's going to be an individual call. What you will avoid on the top floor is the sound of people walking around above you. That drives a lot of people nuts. What it won't change is being able to hear your neighbors stereo, TV, etc. if they play it loud. Though, being on the top will also give you the advantage of laying down some sound deadening area rugs if it gets too bad.

The unexpected nuisance would be getting the unit that sits under or next to the air conditioner units or having a leak or something that requires them to repair the roof. I know someone who rented a top floor apartment only to spend about two months of their time there dealing with the complex doing a roof replacement.

If noise is your biggest issue, than that budget may afford you a townhouse rental that may be more to your liking. I know they are a couple smaller townhome communities (think 5-10 units total) in Moorestown off of Dawson Street near the municipal complex. That way you don't have anyone above or below you.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:15 AM

23,896 posts, read 33,650,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwazee1 View Post
Hi, I have recently found a job in lumberton and will need to relocate there sometime this month. I am looking to rent and have looked into a few rental apartments, most notably whitehall and lumberton apartments. I currently live in a place that is similiar to what the reviews of both places say, basically that the walls are paper thin, that you can hear loud neighbors, music, and parking can be annoying and the occasional police car stopping by at the neighbors. Was wondering if there were any better places to look besides those types of places. I'd rather not live in a place like bthis again if possible. Thanx.
Best bet is to spend a day or 2 down here.
Do you have a car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia