Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 08:06 AM

4 posts, read 14,987 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I am thinking about moving to the Cherry Hill area (from central NJ) to be closer to school. I will be attending Albert Einstein Medical School at 5501 Old York Road in North Philly. The school starts at 8am, so I would like to arrive there around 7:30am. How long of a commute, with traffic, should I expect? Also, what route should I take?

Thank so much!
Melissa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 08:17 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,530,935 times
Expect 45 min to 1 hour with traffic going through center city. You can probably save time driving to the Betsy Ross Bridge off Rt 73 north from CH. That way you go around center city. You might also consider moving to the PA burbs like the Cheltenham area where your commute is not an issue.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,509,373 times
how about using the njtransit's atlantic city line from cherry hill station? You reach 30th street station and from there you can use the SEPTA's Blue line subway I think. You might also want to try tha patco station at woodcrest. it takes you 8th steet and market in philly. really close to morimoto's and the philly judo club. the patco stop in philly is also located to a Septa Market Blue line station.

Last edited by Dangerous-Boy; 04-04-2008 at 09:32 AM..

Old 04-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
how about using the njtransit's atlantic city line from cherry hill station? You reach 30th street station and from there you can use the SEPTA's Blue line subway I think. You might also want to try tha patco station at woodcrest. it takes you 8th steet and market in philly. really close to morimoto's and the philly judo club. the patco stop in philly is also located to a Septa Market Blue line station.
I was just thinking that! I could take the PATCO to the SEPTA Broad Ridge Spur line. I would get on the SEPTA at 8th & Market and take it to Olney Transportation Center. Is that a SAFE option to consider instead of driving? I would only use it Mon-Fri around 7am and 4pm. I heard it could be shady at times

Old 04-04-2008, 10:31 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,509,373 times
I used to take the blue line from 34th street to 8 street at 7 pm to go to the philly judo club and take it back at 10 pm. It's pretty safe. there's one usually one homeless dude in the tunnel from market to chestnut but you won't need to go to chestnut street. There was usually a street musician too at the time i went. Just don't make eye contact and you're usually fine. At 7am and 4 pm, there should be a lot of commuters from nj going with you as well so it should be even safer. it's philly, so you always walk with a little caution where ever you go.

before you go home, you should stop by tampopo in jeweler's district and get a spicy chicken rice bowl to go. it's around 8th and samson which a block away from the patco stop at 8th and chestnut. I used to go to one at 20th street a lot. it was one of my fav food places.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:48 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,530,935 times
During the day it is pretty safe, however, just recently a guy was killed on the subway platform in center city during the day from an attack from four high school kids. It was a random attack because they were bored and skipping school. The victim died due to an asthma attack, not from the beating. You need to be careful and be on the lookout when by yourself.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
During the day it is pretty safe, however, just recently a guy was killed on the subway platform in center city during the day from an attack from four high school kids. It was a random attack because they were bored and skipping school. The victim died due to an asthma attack, not from the beating. You need to be careful and be on the lookout when by yourself.

OMG. That's disturbing. Kids these days need a good, old fashioned beating. I'm talking belt to the butt whipping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia