Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 05:11 PM

24 posts, read 47,766 times

Advertisements

I think I prefer Hammonton but know in this economy I'd have to take what we could get. I love those wrap around porches also!
Not to worry with Atco. My husband and I would not want a track shut down. We plan on exploring!

Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 11:12 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,056,173 times
Living in Atco, I HARDLY ever hear noise from the track. And it is just a short straight track, not like a nascar track where the races last for hours.

Atco straddles winslow and waterford township. So we pay different utilities to different townships. There are a lot of small farms and horse stables in Atco too.

Definitely use Zillow.com to search for housing. Best site I ever came across.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
I know. I am sometimes one of them who make the noise with my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Christina View Post
Living in Atco, I HARDLY ever hear noise from the track. And it is just a short straight track, not like a nascar track where the races last for hours.

Atco straddles winslow and waterford township. So we pay different utilities to different townships. There are a lot of small farms and horse stables in Atco too.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:36 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Christina View Post
While I am not a fan of Zillow's "Zestimates"; which many in the real estate biz tell me are the worst thing that ever happened to real estate since they are so wildly inaccurate, the actual site is a great tool to search for listings. Being able to see the houses on the map, the property boundaries, what's around them, the other houses and also get all of the tax and sales history in one place is fantastic. It's FAR better then the other sites. However, I have found several cases where Zillow does not have listings posted, so I would recommend doing secondary searches on places like realtor.com and trulia.com as well as the actual real estate company websites like Weichert and PruFox just so you can get a complete picture.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:00 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times

Old 05-11-2012, 11:13 AM

Love the Hammonton sign! Thanks to everyone for posting. I'd not really thought to look at Zillow too much other than at my own home, but that's an idea. I was unhappy to see that Zillow lowered the pricing considerably in the past few months, but do wonder how accurate that is as well because they got a few other details mistaken as well as our school sending district. I'm wondering if it is worth it to join and edit that. Will have some fun checking out Hammonton, Atco and Southampton on it.
You guys are awesome!
JL

Old 05-11-2012, 11:23 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanLyn1 View Post
Love the Hammonton sign! Thanks to everyone for posting. I'd not really thought to look at Zillow too much other than at my own home, but that's an idea. I was unhappy to see that Zillow lowered the pricing considerably in the past few months, but do wonder how accurate that is as well because they got a few other details mistaken as well as our school sending district. I'm wondering if it is worth it to join and edit that. Will have some fun checking out Hammonton, Atco and Southampton on it.
You guys are awesome!
JL
Zillow's estimates are considered wildly inaccurate by most in the real estate business. They are constantly refining their "formula", but it is still rife with errors. For example...

I live in a community of large townhomes. Mine is an end unit and the second largest lot and largest house by square footage in the community and has been reasonably updated over the years, so while not thoroughly modern, not exactly dated either. There is another end unit in the block next to mine. Their house is around 400 sq.ft. smaller and they have a slightly smaller lot. The house has been similarly updated. According to Zillow that house is worth $55,000 more then mine. The only reason I can think of is that Zillow seems to think that house has an interior square footage of 9,999 sq.ft.

It's still a useful search tool do the way they organize and present everything, but don't look at their "zestimates" as they are completely worthless.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Oh, also I meant to say that Hammonton zoning office left me a voice mail message about animals.
In zone RR (residential rural?) one must have 5 acres to own even a little miniature horse and 2 dwarf goats. In zone 18 (?) there are no specific requirements. Not sure how one finds this info out as it is not apparent in any realitor listings and is very time consuming to get a call back. I imagine one could loose out on a bid by the time they got the info in their hot little hand.
Sadly so, we lost one of our brand new nigerian dwarf babies last night, just 6 weeks old. They were to be just pets-a happy companion for our little horse and our kids. So, down to one each. Five acres for these little guys is amazing. I totally get that they could not be in a neighborhood, but a rural road with houses......?!? The zoning law seems to treat a herd of large goats and a field of standard horses the same as these miniatures.... Any how, they are not for everyone and could be seen as a bother to people for sure and I'm realizing we are limited in lower cost options with a 5 acres policy. Will check in surrounding areas.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,825 times
You may want to consider Mullica Township which is just east of Hammonton. I don't know about the schools or property values, but it has places to board horses along CR 561 (Moss Mill Rd). Mullica's animal regulations may be more relaxed than Hammonton's.

Last edited by SJHorn; 06-07-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia