Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 AM

27 posts, read 82,759 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a good accountant who does tax preparations in the Sewell area? Ok if its any towns around that and willing to go as far as Cherry Hill. Usually we do Turbotax, but taxes this year is more complicated because of the new house. We sure don't want to mess it up so decided that we'll go for an accountant this year. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,702,592 times
I've used Hopkins Tax Service in Gloucester City in the past. He's a good accountant (though his office is kind of old/dumpy and he talks way too much, lol) and we always felt that he maximized our deductions, but he's pricey and it usually took him a few weeks just to process everything. Last year he charged over $250 for our preparation and we haven't had any real changes since 2010. I started using him when we started with our rental property as my in-laws have used him for years and he's real good with dealing with that kind of situation.

This year, I decided to take a try at doing it myself. I had a good estimate of what our refund should be and figured if it didn't work out, I would just go back to him. I used TurboTax and although it took me a couple of hours, I ended up with a little more then I expected and it only cost me $70 and I got my refund in 2 weeks. I understand being nervous about making sure you get everything you deserve when you have a major change like buying a house, but TurboTax (first time I ever used it) made it real easy to get all of the information in, you just need to read and take your time.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:09 AM

27 posts, read 82,759 times
Thanks, NJGOAT! As always, you're so informative and have given me some great advice. My husband started to do our taxes through Turbotax so he has a feeling how much our refund will be, but he got scared that maybe he'll mess something up w/ the whole purchase of the house issue. That's why we were looking for an accountant, but I told him what you said...and he said that it's a great advice and he will continue through Turbotax. As always, thanks again!

Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 PM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
A few years ago I used Craig Stoopler in Cherry Hill. I had a big multi-year mess to be straightened out and he did a terrific job.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:43 AM

125 posts, read 210,725 times
Harvey Schoor, 200 Haddonfield-Berlin Road, Gibbsboro, NJ
He is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia